Samuel Lusale | Winger signed from Crystal Palace

top1whoisman

Meet the press(conference)
Scout
United have completed the signing of Slovakian winger Samuel Lusale. The 16-year (turns 17 in September) old arrives from Crystal Palace. He’s also eligible for Zambia, where his father was born, as well as England.

Lusale made seven appearances for Palace U18s last season. He also represented Slovakia U17s in the Euros a couple of months ago. The right-footed winger scored one goal and got one assist in the qualifiers.

He can play on both wings but will probably mostly play at LW as we don’t really seem to have many options there.

Will be interesting to watch the u-18s this coming season. I probably agree that we have no LW as I think Ethan Williams will be moved to u-21s and our other LW in Ashton Missin was already playing for the u21s. I'd say guys like Ennis and Mather need loans.

Will be interesting to watch the u-18s this coming season. I probably agree that we have no LW as I think Ethan Williams will be moved to u-21s and our other LW in Ashton Missin was already playing for the u21s. I'd say guys like Ennis and Mather need loans.

Lacey will probably play LW considering we already have Mantato on the right. Musa and Thwaites can step in as well. Those are the options.

Have no clue how highly rated he is. Seems to be very little about him online.

Lacey will probably play LW considering we already have Mantato on the right. Musa and Thwaites can step in as well. Those are the options.
I actually think Lacey will still play RW. Curious to see how he comes back from injury. Missed huge chunks of last season when it was looking like he was having a breakthrough year for the u-18s. If anything Musa is probably the one who goes to the left when needed.

I actually think Lacey will still play RW. Curious to see how he comes back from injury. Missed huge chunks of last season when it was looking like he was having a breakthrough year for the u-18s. If anything Musa is probably the one who goes to the left when needed.

Agree. Might even try him as an AM but probably not that much on the left. If he picks up where he left off he’ll end the season with the U21s, I think. Plenty of games for both on the right.

Agree. Might even try him as an AM but probably not that much on the left. If he picks up where he left off he’ll end the season with the U21s, I think. Plenty of games for both on the right.
I should imagine Ibragimov will be playing at CAM. We dont want those 2 competing for the same position.

I should imagine Ibragimov will be playing at CAM. We dont want those 2 competing for the same position.

Somewhat disagree. There will be plenty of games for the U18s and it’s only positive for players’ development to play in multiple roles. It’s also good to face adversity, challenges and competition within the squad.

Regarding Ibra, we’ll see what his best position will end up being. Lacey of course is most natural at RW but we could easily see him play a few matches through the middle.

One could equally say that we can’t have Lacey and Mantato competing for the same position.

Last edited:
Called up to the Slovakia U18s squad. I think it’s just a training camp, couldn’t find any fixtures.

Too bad as he could use some match practice waiting for that PL ratification. The squad will meet in Slovakia on Sunday.

Fergie would have been there in 10minutes with a clip round the ear and telling him to settle down with a good woman.

As a local resident to Palace I can confirm he's one of the brighter talents. Good move and low risk.