Ryan Gravenberch

Agree with what you say except this. He played in a more central/ attacking role at Ajax than he does now under slot. So expecting similar goal/ assist stats is imo unrealistic.

You're right but so does Rodri. Its possible and he will be expected to improve in the future

I had basically written him off. The transformation he's had this season has been astounding.

He’s finally bringing it. I thought he was a lost cause after watching him underwhelm throughout last season but he’s been the best player on the pitch in every game we’ve played so far this season. Slot is feeding him the good stuff.

Didn't he break through at Ajax under ten Hag?

Yeah, I meant United in general to he fair, Uniteds record with their young signings (most signings actually) for the past couple of years has been nothing short of shocking.

Let's hope the trend changes with Garnacho, Yero and Mainoo etc.

He’s finally bringing it. I thought he was a lost cause after watching him underwhelm throughout last season but he’s been the best player on the pitch in every game we’ve played so far this season. Slot is feeding him the good stuff.
Inhale, brother.

Slot is giving him special tea surely.

That's a gorgeous pass.

Might be worth waiting more than a dozen games (if you're including pre-season) (which you probably shouldn't) before assessing whether it's a purple patch or a proper, long lasting transformation but he's looked annoyingly good so far indeed.

That's a gorgeous pass.

Might be worth waiting more than a dozen games (if you're including pre-season) (which you probably shouldn't) before assessing whether it's a purple patch or a proper, long lasting transformation but he's looked annoyingly good so far indeed.
Annoying that he does well at pool (though less so for me now that my bald hero is there), but it's great for our national team. Frenkie de Jong is probably out injured forever and in the end hasn't really stepped up for us so we could use a world class midfielder.

Annoying that he does well at pool (though less so for me now that my bald hero is there), but it's great for our national team. Frenkie de Jong is probably out injured forever and in the end hasn't really stepped up for us so we could use a world class midfielder.
Funny how excited you all are, about Gravenberch playing as a six. When with us, Tuchel was adamant that he cant play that position. Seems like another weird judgement by him.

Midfield structure is everything. He is now beside Mac Allister who is a super well rounded no.8. Dombosslad in front I don’t massively rate, but he runs around a lot and is good at carrying the ball forward. It’s all about making it easier for your midfielders. Keep more of the football and they have less work to do.

Midfield structure is everything. He is now beside Mac Allister who is a super well rounded no.8. Dombosslad in front I don’t massively rate, but he runs around a lot and is good at carrying the ball forward. It’s all about making it easier for your midfielders. Keep more of the football and they have less work to do.
The fact that we went all in for Mount instead of trying for macallister still annoys me.