Russian invasion of Ukraine | Fewer tweets, more discussion

As far as this article goes, it mentions aerial drones, nor marine or just below sea level drones ( i skimmed the article do they might mention it). Might work as well for all the same?
That’s what I mean by they’ll no doubt continue to develop it. Water blocks radio waves anyway, but the Navy is no doubt figuring out a way to have an underwater screen of some sort to go along with conventional ASW munitions to counter some kind of UUV swarm threat.

here’s a good article specifically about AUUVW
https://www.navylookout.com/countering-the-threat-from-autonomous-underwater-vehicles/

Last edited:
As far as this article goes, it mentions aerial drones, nor marine or just below sea level drones ( i skimmed the article do they might mention it). Might work as well for all the same?
This kind of marine drones is quite similar to classic torpedos if they approach for a hit. Torpedos are used for more than a century so in terms of how to defend against it they are not really creating big new problems.

But of course they are a game changer due to their range for the side using them to attack, you don't need submarines or similar advanced systems to deliver them close to the target.

Ukraine's invisible battle to jam Russian weapons.

By the time of the full-scale invasion in February 2022, Russia had 18,000 electronic warfare troops, Col Pavlenko says.

But the effect was less impressive than many had expected. "They were trying to break down our radars, to penetrate our air defence systems," says Yaroslav Kalinin. "They were partially successful at this, but not completely."
https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-66279650

Will be interesting to see tomorrow morning if there's actual damage...

It looks like they didn't attack the bridge itself, but an oil tanker. It's smart actually, because Russia needs to send warships with their tankers now to protect them. Also the insurance on those civilian tankers should rise considerably. Ukraine needs to make life as expensive as possible for Russia in human life and money. That's the only way this can stop someday.

Chris Christie in Ukraine.

Optics wise, and based on a very limited number of sound bites I’ve seen (posted on here) he seems to be one of the very, very few republicans who has not gone completely insane. I may be wrong of course.

Sanctions are still a joke if this is true.

It's poor that we've not heard about any new sanctions for such a long time. Obviously you're not going to catch every last little bit of business but you've got to keep the pressure on. Make them find new, more expensive ways to do business each time.

It’s 9 months since Kherson now. I have no qualifications to assess Ukraine’s prospects, but I cannot see any cause for optimism in liberating any further occupied territory in the near future. It feels increasingly like the current frontlines will become the new de facto borders as the 2014 ones eventually did.

Hope I am wrong, but very sober currently.

Last edited:

Few others mentioning too.
Have russians launched missiles from Belarus before, or is this now them declaring war too?

Have russians launched missiles from Belarus before, or is this now them declaring war too?

My memory may be failing me but I thought Russia had launched Iskanders from Belarus before. So this may not be a new development.

Yes they have launched Iskander ballistic missiles from the ground in Belarus since February last year, they have also been using Belarussian airspace for the launch of air launched missiles.

Ok, thought it was weird so many of channels i follow freaking out, but wasn't sure if they used belarus before to launch missiles or to invade at the start of war

Russians buy iPhones too.

Except they don't. They fell under the sanctions umbrella. So what the fack is this?
You can easily buy an iPhone in Russia. Not to mention millions that already have them. It's a very, very odd move from Apple – and it's not the only podcast that they've deleted from the Russian independent media this week because of the Roskomnadzor's notice.

You can easily buy an iPhone in Russia. Not to millions that already have them. It's a very, very odd move from Apple – and it's not the only podcast that they've deleted from the Russian independent media this week because of the Roskomnadzor's notice.
That I assumed but it's not officially through Apple. I guess same goes for other electronics. Officially Apple positions was supportive of sanctions and that's why its so bizarre for me.