Rugby Union 23/24 Discussion

Oof, Ulster getting absolutely hammered in SA.

Another gritty win for Connacht last night. Absolutely the kind of game we lost last year.

Ben Murphy needs to be picked in the autumn series squad and get minutes or even a start against Argentina and Fiji.

He doesn’t look to have many weaknesses. Has all the speed and vim of Casey but with twice the composure.

Ben Murphy needs to be picked in the autumn series squad and get minutes or even a start against Argentina and Fiji.

He doesn’t look to have many weaknesses. Has all the speed and vim of Casey but with twice the composure.
He won't though. Blade was as good as this last season and didn't.

The only reason he has more of a chance is because he's ex Leinster :lol:

Cathal Forde is another outsider for adding to the fringes of the squad. He's raw but has bundles of talent. He'd be good to add to the training squad to get acquainted with the Irish setup.

Cathal Forde is another outsider for adding to the fringes of the squad. He's raw but has bundles of talent. He'd be good to add to the training squad to get acquainted with the Irish setup.

I’ve been raving about Forde for a couple of years already. He’s the heir apparent to that hole Aki, Henshaw and McCloskey will leave behind them.

You'd think there would be more lads with full sleeves and tights on under the shorts playing on an all weather pitch
Depends if it’s that shit 3G stuff that just tears your legs to shreds. Or you can get a semi-grass, semi-artificial version that works in all weather and is more forgiving on the skin. I think Saracens have one

Depends if it’s that shit 3G stuff that just tears your legs to shreds. Or you can get a semi-grass, semi-artificial version that works in all weather and is more forgiving on the skin. I think Saracens have one
Musgrave is 3G, it was after Haley was tackled you could see the burn on the knees that I wondered why aren't they wearing more clothes, maybe being a wet night may make it better

He won't though. Blade was as good as this last season and didn't.

The only reason he has more of a chance is because he's ex Leinster :lol:

It wasn’t Leinster (or ex Leinster) 9s taking Blade’s place in the squad last season though. It was Munster players. And it’s a Munster player’s place that Murphy will be trying to take this season.

You'd think there would be more lads with full sleeves and tights on under the shorts playing on an all weather pitch

My young fella plays rugby on a shit 3G and refuses to wear sleeves and tights because he says it’s far too hot. He also swears blind that it doesn’t burn him when he slides. Reckon he might change his mind in another month or two when the temperatures drop.

My young fella plays rugby on a shit 3G and refuses to wear sleeves and tights because he says it’s far too hot. He also swears blind that it doesn’t burn him when he slides. Reckon he might change his mind in another month or two when the temperatures drop.
Mines the same, played on a mugga pitch the other day, refused to wear joggers because he’s ‘too hard’.

Btw, they played Lock Lane RLFC today, which is basically made up of Leeds Rhinos and Castlefield Tigers academies. feck me. That was a hard game. I know most of this thread don’t give a feck about league but when you see your kid up against literally the future Superleague players…..it’s quite something.

Even-ish game till half time, 16-6. Then they fecking humped us in the second half

Mines the same, played on a mugga pitch the other day, refused to wear joggers because he’s ‘too hard’.

Btw, they played Lock Lane RLFC today, which is basically made up of Leeds Rhinos and Castlefield Tigers academies. feck me. That was a hard game. I know most of this thread don’t give a feck about league but when you see your kid up against literally the future Superleague players…..it’s quite something.

Even-ish game till half time, 16-6. Then they fecking humped us in the second half

:lol: I suspect that’s the reason too and he’s telling fibs about the heat

Congrats on the big game. Weird mix of pride and anxiety watching that I’d say.

:lol: I suspect that’s the reason too and he’s telling fibs about the heat

Congrats on the big game. Weird mix of pride and anxiety watching that I’d say.
Pride man - he was man of the match (for us). Stood up to them and the forwards battle was pretty even. Their backs were so slick though man, they had us on the edges so often. Like when you watch Leinster on song you can see all their backs know exactly what’s going to happen and where to be - it was like watching that. Crazy watching these u16’s so coordinated….as well as the power and speed

That's a brutal sequence of events.

Stockdale drives Murphy over the touchline after an error and drives his head into the ground.
Hansen jumps in after, and Ulster get the penalty.
Then we concede a maul penalty and immediately get a yellow card.

Feels pretty galling stuff.

Does Brace know he has a TMO?