Rugby Union 23/24 Discussion

Not sure I would have taken the 3 so close to the line with the opposition a man down but the AB's lead 3-0

Now Sevu Reece is in the bin so both sides are down a man for 10 minutes. Wiese in the bin for the Boks.

Hope Codie Taylor comes back. Looked electric in the loose

Sevu Reece has just given the mantle of dumbest penalty of the day to Ardie Savea.

Razor was rarely as agitated as that when he was coaching the Crusaders.

Carley could have played advantage then instead of immediately blowing the penalty.

Carley could have pinged Grant Williams for taking too long to clear the ruck again if he wanted to.

Malcolm Marx peeled away from a maul to score in the corner. 18-12 RSA with 5 to play.

South Africa 18 New Zealand 12 at full time in Cape Town. The Springboks have all but wrapped up the Rugby Championship, they have regained the Freedom Cup and have won 4 straight against New Zealand for the first time since 1949. The match wasn't as thrilling as last week but it was engrossing gripping like many of the games between these two over last 7 years. Those 3 missed penalties by D-Mac proved so, so costly.

South Africa 18 New Zealand 12 at full time in Cape Town. The Springboks have all but wrapped up the Rugby Championship, they have regained the Freedom Cup and have won 4 straight against New Zealand for the first time since 1949. The match wasn't as thrilling as last week but it was engrossing gripping like many of the games between these two over last 7 years. Those 3 missed penalties by D-Mac proved so, so costly.
I like D Mac and wanted him to make it to first choice ten, but he never convinces. Always feel he doesn't quite fit the mantle yet.

I might be totally wrong, but that's just the feeling I get. I'd like him to do well but I'm not surprised when he doesn't.

Good match this, thought the argies were going to have another one of those games where they look like a bunch of complete strangers. Starting to put it all together now though

I like D Mac and wanted him to make it to first choice ten, but he never convinces. Always feel he doesn't quite fit the mantle yet.

I might be totally wrong, but that's just the feeling I get. I'd like him to do well but I'm not surprised when he doesn't.
Yep, I don’t think he’s starting “world champions” quality. Never have, but happy to be proven wrong. Quite a few flaws in his game, most notably his kicking game. You don’t miss 9 kickable points at this level.

A good bench option to have to impact the game either at fullback or fly half, if needed. But a level below Richie, IMO (but that’s a case for NZR due to their rules).

Aus getting decimated up front now. And to be fair, argentinas pack is pretty solid