Rugby Union 23/24 Discussion

This match is playing out how I feared it would. They've smashed us physically and in the set pieces but they've shown real innovation with the ball. When they applied a bit of pressure, our guys shit themselves on attack. Joe Schmidt has his work cut out. Reality has well and truly bitten today after a positive July.
Hmm, shame. I had hopes for you here….without actually checking any history I feel like Australia do ok again South Africa when they’re at home.

Agustin Creevy - 39 years old - smashes over the all blacks line right under the posts

Hmm, shame. I had hopes for you here….without actually checking any history I feel like Australia do ok again South Africa when they’re at home.

Australia's record against the Boks in South East Queensland is very strong but you can't bring the location of the ground into the equation without playing well.

feck me Argentina have beaten New Zealand 38-30 in Wellington. It's a record score by a visiting team in New Zealand too.

Australia's record against the Boks in South East Queensland is very strong but you can't bring the location of the ground into the equation without playing well.
At least you’ve been overshadowed by the other match

All blacks 30 - 38 Argentina
Not even a losing bonus for the ABs

I hope Felipe does a great job as a coach, there are lots of upcoming youngsters that deserve to have great carreers.

Yet our structural problems will still exist, meaning the mix of amaterusim with pros, lack of money, players leaving the country and our very own rules of banning depending the competitions we want to enhace...it's quite complicated since always.
In the old guard days, the players just play amateur with thier clubs and lately played for Pumas and be a Doctor or whatever as an everyday job, still we had Porta, Sengra and such calibre of players that could deliver the ocassional great win against France, SA or Australia (beating the AB it's a new thing, in thsoe days as much we tied them).
It's important to finally find a path that keeps us in the higher echelon.

I hope that under Felipe Pumas find a level of consistency that helps to grow more.

PD side note: pretty annoyed about the 7s level in the Olympics, those lads had a great shot of a gold medal, having a really outstandting rooster, I was really disappointed.

Last edited:
I hope Felipe does a great job as a coach, there are lots of upcoming youngsters that deserve to have great carreers.

Yet our structural problems will still exist, meaning the mix of amaterusim with pros, lack of money, players leaving the country and our very own rules of banning depending the competitions we want to enhace...it's quite a mess since always, it's important to finally find a path that keeps us in the higher echelon.

I hope that under Felipe Pumas find a level of consistency that helps to grow more.

PD side note: pretty annoyed about the 7s level in the Olympics, those lads had a great shot of a gold medal, having a really outstandting rooster, I was really disappointed.
What’s the club structure like over there? I know sod all about it since the Jaguars left SR

What’s the club structure like over there? I know sod all about it since the Jaguars left SR

Lately changing rapdily, maybe we are witnessing the last stages of Amateurism.

As a side note, more or less since15 years ago, UAR created some sort of High Training Curses for amateur players in traditional Clubs to have at least some sort of extra preparation to face pros.

But nowadays The Super Rugby Americas it's atracting youngsters galore, it doesn't have the more strict rules that Jaguares had for Super Rugby (that in its days affected the configuration of the Pumas for the WC, meaning who could play or not for them)

Amateur Clubs, the original ones still exist and are an important part of their Cities communities, but they do not receive a lot of money regarding TV rights and such and every day there are more tempting options outside Argentina or in this new Super Rugby Americas that might be the last nail in the cofin for Traditional Amateur Clubs. So lots of changings.

Lately changing rapdily, maybe we are witnessing the last stages of Amateurism.

As a side note, more or less since15 years ago, UAR created some sort of High Training Curses for amateur players in traditional Clubs to have at least some sort of extra preparation to face pros.

But nowadays The Super Rugby Americas it's atracting youngsters galore, it doesn't have the more strict rules that Jaguares had for Super Rugby (that in its days affected the configuration of the Pumas for the WC, meaning who could play or not for them)

Amateur Clubs, the original ones still exist and are an important part of their Cities communities, but they do not receive a lot of money regarding TV rights and such and every day there are more tempting options outside Argentina or in this new Super Rugby Americas that might be the last nail in the cofin for Traditional Amateur Clubs. So lots of changings.
Hopefully the super rugby americas takes off as a promotion. World rugby needs to up its game in the developing nations….not encouraging to see MLR clubs going bust last year. There’s nowhere near enough promotion outside of the top competitions

As shit as the Wallabies are, I never thought I'd see the All Blacks do this. The 5m scrum that followed led to Argentina's match winning try.

Oops

Last edited:
As shit as the Wallabies are, I never thought I'd see the All Blacks do this. The 5m scrum that followed led to Argentina's match winning try.

Oops

That was awuful and indeed the ABs made some bad mistakes in the game that cost them.
I will also add that next match, they might trash the Pumas like it happenned before.
But I'll use the tendency of the ABs always focusing on their own mistakes as JUST the only reason for any tie or defeat, specially against us to trigger the following rant...

There is a tendency in Rugby to take (rightfully in many senses) Argentinian Rugby as way less than it is (and always was). In many ways we deserve it, no doubt, not enough consistency, nor equal quantity of TOP TOP players produced..
Yet the issues we have/ had always to be more consistant, to have a bigger rooster, to play more phases, to play more variants, etc...were more related to the lack of constant competition, to be extremely amateur and lacking the ammount of coverage and money involved that is need to grow.

Yes we still are incosistent Cinderellas, we still have thinner roosters, we lack money and lots of stuff...but in a historical sense, with all those issues, we still produced players of the calibre of Porta, Pichot, Noriega, Dengra, Juan Martin hernandez, Roncero, etc or even lost players of the calibre of Parisse, Dominguez to other NTs. We had players playing vital roles in Clubs around the world winning Titles in Top Leagues or Continental trophies...so in many ways it would be like if Australia, South Afrika, NZ, etc were producing Elite football/soccer players (some even phenom level ones like Porta) since ages while the sport being amateur. That is sthg that every other Power House in this sport always overlook regarding us.

Pichot it's nowadays moving fast his connections, for the good and bad, to get the Sport totally Pro down here and involve more money.
You can even notice nowadays in the ammount of young players coming every year, or the proffesionalism in 7s and its late results, plus the ambition of the newer Gens that want to dedicate fully on the sport (some fellas almost debut this last game against the ABs and had a great game).
I think that if things are done in a good way in this transition to be more Pro and we don't loose talent to play for other countries in the process, while finally compete more regularly against Tier ONE rivals, the traditional Power Houses are going to receive quite a rough call in the next 10 to 15 years.

The Boks have picked a virtual B side for this weekend's game in Perth.

boksperth.jpg

The Boks are stack as fvck, with their usual mentality on every period and now as reigning WC winners, they are even more of a menace. Fantastic team.

Last edited:
To watch rugby in England, you'll need Sky, TNT and Premier Sports to go with the BBC licence.

https://archive.md/cXDLQ

stops the poor being able to watch it. great decision.
Or one single IPTV service. Mine has all the above, but also a ‘live rugby’ section which picks up all the ‘untelevised in the U.K.’ stuff.

I end up watching all kinds of weird matches from Africa & the americas, it’s glorious :lol:

Or one single IPTV service. Mine has all the above, but also a ‘live rugby’ section which picks up all the ‘untelevised in the U.K.’ stuff.

I end up watching all kinds of weird matches from Africa & the americas, it’s glorious :lol:
whenever i hear anyone say they’ve got an iptv, i just know they vote the wrong way at a general election.

whenever i hear anyone say they’ve got an iptv, i just know they vote the wrong way at a general election.
Let me tell you old man that there is a strong correlation between IPTV and gay black liberal zoomers

History will be made in the pissing rain at Eden Park. Either New Zealand rack up 50 games in a row without losing at Eden Park or Argentina become the first team in 30 years to beat the All Blacks at their fortress.

A much improved performance across all facets from New Zealand has seen them thump Argentina 42-10 to bring up 50 consecutive Tests at Eden Park without losing.

Just started raining again in Perth. As sad as it sounds, the Wallabies getting within 10 will be seen as a win.