Rugby Union 23/24 Discussion

Just switched to football. Immediately see someone go down screaming in agony after a whisper of contact. Always such a tough transition.
I fell asleep during the first half. God knows why I stick with the game, it’s like duty. Think honestly if I didn’t play it every week myself I’d have given up on football. It’s a dire spectator sport 90% of the time

I fell asleep during the first half. God knows why I stick with the game, it’s like duty. Think honestly if I didn’t play it every week myself I’d have given up on football. It’s a dire spectator sport 90% of the time

I do usually enjoy watching it (so long as England aren’t involved!) but the cheating and whining and general wimpishness is really getting to me. It’s been a slow build over many years but it is actually now starting to make me fall out of love with the sport.

I do usually enjoy watching it (so long as England aren’t involved!) but the cheating and whining and general wimpishness is really getting to me. It’s been a slow build over many years but it is actually now starting to make me fall out of love with the sport.
Hope for your sake you don’t watch the Spaniards remaining matches - you’ll be put off the game completely

In rankings news, Aussie Joe's first win as Wallabies coach saw the men in gold jump from 9th to 8th while Wales dropped out of the top 10 for the first time. Wales have been replaced in the top 10 by Fiji.

Ireland can drop to as low as 3rd if the Springboks beat them in Durban next weekend, with New Zealand taking 2nd spot on World Rugby's rankings should they beat England at Eden Park.

The Springboks will remain #1 whatever happens at Kings Park next Saturday, which means they'll head to Australia as #1 in the world which might finally make the rugby media here actually give a shit about the Wallabies beating the Boks should that happen in Brisbane and or Perth.

In rankings news, Aussie Joe's first win as Wallabies coach saw the men in gold jump from 9th to 8th while Wales dropped out of the top 10 for the first time. Wales have been replaced in the top 10 by Fiji.

Ireland can drop to as low as 3rd if the Springboks beat them in Durban next weekend, with New Zealand taking 2nd spot on World Rugby's rankings should they beat England at Eden Park.

The Springboks will remain #1 whatever happens at Kings Park next Saturday, which means they'll head to Australia as #1 in the world which might finally make the rugby media here actually give a shit about the Wallabies beating the Boks should that happen in Brisbane and or Perth.
Just managed to watch the England NZ game. Really pleased with England overall, remember we were really on our knees 12-18 months ago.

The defence was brutally aggressive and we stopped NZ playing really (it’s not fair to say they were just poor). Attack was good in patches as well.

Carry on at this level and we should be targeting the 6 nations title. Not saying we’ll get it, but it’d be a realistic target for the first time in a few years

So this analysis was apparently created by a South African! Lots of nit-picking about stuff you can’t really blame the referee for missing but the way the TMO intervened to bring up a technical offence when Lowe scored that try is super annoying, considering how he didn’t intervene in other big decisions.

And that Snyman hit on Casey is scummy as feck. He knew damn well the ball was gone and chose to absolutely obliterate a much smaller man regardless.

So this analysis was apparently created by a South African! Lots of nit-picking about stuff you can’t really blame the referee for missing but the way the TMO intervened to bring up a technical offence when Lowe scored that try is super annoying, considering how he didn’t intervene in other big decisions.

And that Snyman hit on Casey is scummy as feck. He knew damn well the ball was gone and chose to absolutely obliterate a much smaller man regardless.

Yeah quite unecessary from that thug, Snyman.

Anyway, things are unravelling off the field seemingly for the French team over in Argentina.

Here we go. Expecting a better AB performance today but have faith England will bring a lot to the game as well

At least the cast of thousands that is the All Blacks coaching staff will have more room tonight than the phone box of a coaches box in Dunedin.

Savea looked to have had a knee on the ground and thus was tackled but the New Zealand lead 7-0 after D-Mac converted Mark Tele'a's try from the sideline.

Our kicks have been a bit hit and miss, but when we’ve nailed them it’s been vital

England 14 New Zealand 13 at half time thanks to a sensational try from Tommy Freedman on half time

Unbelievable that international players can mess up something as simple as leaving the correct gap in the line out, after being warned by the ref 5 seconds earlier :lol:

It would be funny if the best credentialed coach in All Blacks history is the one who loses their proud and remarkable record of not losing at Eden Park since 1994.

Great try by Tele'a but that goes back to the free kick England have away 5m from the New Zealand try line.

The speed New Zealand's playing at will probably be too much for England in the end.

We’ve just come up short on stamina and discipline.

Bench has been huge. Theo Dan knocked out in 30 seconds. Dan Cole too old. By contrast New Zealand’s bench has improved them

England are looking pretty incisive compared to the last few years. Regardless of the result that's good to see.

Gotta feel for England who have been gallant bur that was the right call to penalise them for obstruction.

England are looking pretty incisive compared to the last few years. Regardless of the result that's good to see.
Yeah very pleased. Considering how bad we’ve been in recent years, remember that loss at Twickers to France by about 50 points. We’ve turned a massive corner from then

Gotta feel for England who have been gallant bur that was the right call to penalise them for obstruction.
Yeah I don’t have a problem with the call, in fact I think Nic Berry reffed it very well throughout

a valiant effort from the boys. an entire nation, up against 4 public schools. we gave a good account of ourselves.

Unbelievable that international players can mess up something as simple as leaving the correct gap in the line out, after being warned by the ref 5 seconds earlier :lol:
A real sliding doors moment in the match, they scored from that

33-15 Wallabies is my hope but I fear Wales might win. I'm very glass half empty about the Wallabies since the 2015 World Cup.
Wales never win mate, don’t think they’ve won a game since the World Cup when they played…..erm…..you