Rugby Union 23/24 Discussion

During Ireland's tour of South Africa, you may hear the words ''Craven Week''. It's an annual provincial competition for under 18 schoolboys in South Africa, named after the legendary former Springbok scrumhalf, coach and administrator, Danie Craven.

At least the Chiefs won't be the only finalists to be embarrassed this year. :lol:

Jack Willis is the best English rugby player in the world at the moment. And he’s not fecking eligible :lol:

South Africa's team to face Ireland at Loftus Versfeld on Saturday:

Willie le Roux; Cheslin Kolbe, Jesse Kriel, Damian de Allende, Kurt-Lee Arendse; Handre Pollard, Faf de Klerk; Kwagga Smith, Pieter-Steph du Toit, Siya Kolisi (capt; Franco Mostert, Eben Etzebeth; Frans Malherbe, Bongi Mbonambi, Ox Nche

Replacements: Malcolm Marx, Gerhard Steenekamp, Vincent Koch, Salmaan Moerat, RG Snyman, Marco van Staden, Grant Williams, Sacha Feinberg-Mngomezulu

England's team to face New Zealand on Saturday in Dunedin:

George Furbank, Immanuel Feyi-Waboso, Henry Slade, Ollie Lawrence, Tommy Freeman, Marcus Smith, Alex Mitchell; Ben Earl, Sam Underhill, Chandler Cunningham-South, George Martin, Maro Itoje, Will Stuart, Jamie George (capt), Joe Marler.

Reserves: Theo Dan, Fin Baxter, Dan Cole, Alex Coles, Tom Curry, Ben Spencer, Fin Smith, Ollie Sleightholme.

Last edited:
Huge first half from Ollie Lawrence defensively. Fun game.

New Zealand 10 England 10 at half time after a fast paced half of rugby in Dunedin.

a draw at halftime, only on paper. england, the moral victors.

2 bad misses by Marcus Smith. He can't blame the wind because there is none.

If smith could kick we’d have won that quite comfortably.
Surely slade should kick the goals going forward.
Good game though, very enjoyable

I haven't been this nervous about a mid year test in Australia since the series deciding Lions test in 2013. If the game is any hope of getting some credibility here, 3 wins in July is a simple non-negotiable. A loss and trolls who love rugby's demise here will be out in force.

feck sake, we score a try, they lose a player and then we nearly concede a try.

Wales have come alive ever since their yellow. The Wallabies are down to 14 thanks to giving up a penalty try.

A 7 man Wallaby scrum gets a penalty. New scrum coach Mike Cron will be pleased.

I work one Saturday in eight. Of course it’s this Saturday so missing all the rugby. Hoping to be back for Ireland South Africa

When Wales beat Australia 40-6 in Lyon, Wallabies fans left early and there were chants of ''Eddie's a wanker!"' Tonight, the Joe Schmidt era gets the perfect start with a 25-16 win over Wales. I'll re-watch the game with my heart rate a normal level. The SFS holds just over 40K and the stands looked reasonably full too which was pleasing.

You fecking beauty!!!! Can't overstate how important it is for the Wallabies to start winning regularly.

We're England good or NZ poor ?

I don't think it was a case of England looking good because New Zealand were 'poor'. I don't think either side was brilliant nor do I believe either side was poor. Both sides have things they'll be happy with and things they'd like to improve on. Plenty of ''learnings'' as coaches like to say nowadays. England's scrum didn't hold up well at stages and New Zealand's attack was a bit clunky at times.

This is just the 2nd time the Wallabies have won in Sydney since the 2015 Rugby Championship decider victory over New Zealand. It's a first win anywhere in Australia since the 25-17 win over the Springboks in Adelaide in August of 2022.

It's going to be good watching the test at Loftus without an emotional investment in the result.

Please spare a thought for Osbourse - absolutely murdered by a KLA step 2 minutes in

An ironic cheer for Kwagga Smith after he caught a restart successfully.

This is so depressing. All the recent failings on display. Not taking points from entries to the 22, unforced handling errors and now Crowley missing simple kicks.
South Africa force you to make mistakes with their brutal defence guaranteed, but feck me you’ve got to kick those place kicks