Rodri | Man City player

croadyman

He tasted defeat vs Real not two weeks ago. I know it doesn't go in the record books cause games that peno's go down as draws but I'd imagine it didn't feel any different.
You are one of the only City fans I have time for,other is guy from my Thursday quiz team

Bright_Eyes

Well said,the fawning is getting unbearable
Tbf individual player performances aren't really much affected by the type of systemic cheating City have done. Cooking the books and stuff doesn't really make a player play better. Rodri deserves praise for his good performances.

UnrelatedPsuedo

I pity the poor fool who stinks like I do!
“Dispossessed By Rodri” might as well be his full name, the commentators say it so much.

The guy is fecking psychic. So athletic, both in terms of physicality and pace/stamina. He’s got a great first touch when facing goal, and on the half turn. And he can play it simply or play through the lines. Oh, and he scores vital goals routinely.

Hateful player.

padr81

Supports
Man City
“Dispossessed By Rodri” might as well be his full name, the commentators say it so much.

The guy is fecking psychic. So athletic, both in terms of physicality and pace/stamina. He’s got a great first touch when facing goal, and on the half turn. And he can play it simply or play through the lines. Oh, and he scores vital goals routinely.

Hateful player.
I felt his athleticism was poor in his first season but he's really improved (maybe it was just cause he was following Fernandinho) but his reading of the game is absolutely crazy. Both offensively and defensively he's almost always in the perfect position. Presses at the almost perfect time too, plus he's really good at the old tactical fouls when needed.

His only weakness seems to be he gets done for pace occasionally, and while he's not slow, his acceleration is his one weakness. Best midfielder in the world currently and the fact people are saying Foden, and Rice are ahead of him for PotY is extremely strange to me.

croadyman

Tbf individual player performances aren't really much affected by the type of systemic cheating City have done. Cooking the books and stuff doesn't really make a player play better. Rodri deserves praise for his good performances.
My point is I would have more respect for the likes of him, Walker, Stones, Grealish and De Bruyne if they hadn't take the big money at City but unfortunately they did so tainted medals.

Pronewbie

Peep

Hateful player.
Agreed. Modern day Busquets.

Yagami

Good post resistant
Agreed. Modern day Busquets.
I called him Busquets-esque many years ago now. Unfortunately, we don't have a good eye for these types of players. You'd hope that will change now, but we'll see!

Lexicon Red Devil

Well said,the fawning is getting unbearable
It's actually ridiculously over the top. He's being compared to some of the greats, but he's really more on the level of someone like Carrick except not as good on the ball. Nobody can tell me this City side wouldn't have won just as much with Carrick instead of Rodri in the team.

He's surrounded by a ridiculous amount of talent at City and KDB has been far more important to their resurgence recently. Let's not forget he was part of the teams that shipped 3 against Spurs and Madrid and also 4 against Chelsea. I get that they lost a couple of games when he was out, but one of them was their hardest away game of the season and the fact they miss him is also due to the fact that it's the one position they don't have an adequate replacement for, despite spending another £90m on midfielders last summer. Kalvin Phillips was supposed to be his deputy, but he's clearly not even good enough for a team like West Ham.

SER19

Of course it does. You're instantly benefitted from being part of a set up created by cheating, a coach brought on board by cheating, and you're playing next to far superior players than you might otherwise be. Would Rodri look as good at Brentford? Obviously not. What you're saying is true to a small extent, but no, you can't lost sight of just how far reaching their cheating is. without it, nothing else exists.

Taribo's Gap

It's actually ridiculously over the top. He's being compared to some of the greats, but he's really more on the level of someone like Carrick except not as good on the ball. Nobody can tell me this City side wouldn't have won just as much with Carrick instead of Rodri in the team.

He's surrounded by a ridiculous amount of talent at City and KDB has been far more important to their resurgence recently. Let's not forget he was part of the teams that shipped 3 against Spurs and Madrid and also 4 against Chelsea. I get that they lost a couple of games when he was out, but one of them was their hardest away game of the season and the fact they miss him is also due to the fact that it's the one position they don't have an adequate replacement for, despite spending another £90m on midfielders last summer. Kalvin Phillips was supposed to be his deputy, but he's clearly not even good enough for a team like West Ham.
Nah, he's a great player. On his way to solidifying himself as one of the greats in his position.

SB16

Rodri's disappearing eyebrows since his move from Atletico is probably the smoking gun we need to prove City's PED regime

Bright_Eyes

Of course it does. You're instantly benefitted from being part of a set up created by cheating, a coach brought on board by cheating, and you're playing next to far superior players than you might otherwise be. Would Rodri look as good at Brentford? Obviously not. What you're saying is true to a small extent, but no, you can't lost sight of just how far reaching their cheating is. without it, nothing else exists.
In that case KDB and anybody else in their squad can't be praised for just being good at football, which I think is an extreme take.

SER19

In that case KDB and anybody else in their squad can't be praised for just being good at football, which I think is an extreme take.
Of course they can be praised for being good at football. But its wrong to say the cheating city did hasnt impacted the levels the individual players have reached. It just has, we probably disagree on the extent, but it certainly has and sullies their careers, especially if city are found guilty - which they should be

Rooney in Paris

Gerrard shirt..Anfield? You'll Never Live it Down
Scout
I don’t think that’s particularly controversial.
It's not at all - and I actually think Carrick is somewhat underrated. But Rodri has goals in his game way more and is physically more imposing. I also think we fecked around with Carrick for a long time in that he was so good that we never really created a strong partnership for him in the same way City has, and maybe if he hadn't been playing with the Cleverleys and Andersons and others for some time in a sort of 1 man midfield, it might have been different... but those are ifs and buts and the reality is Rodri is just better.