Music RIP Coolio

A legend. Gangsters Paradise is a legit classic. And then there’s obviously this unbelievable nostalgia.

I wonder if when he walked through the valley of the shadow of death, he looked back at his life and realised there wasn't much left.

A legend. Gangsters Paradise is a legit classic. And then there’s obviously this unbelievable nostalgia.

Big nostalgia. Gangstas paradise a true hit and on my playlist

RiP

He actually foreshadowed it.

“Death ain't nothin' but a heartbeat away”

michelle-pfeiffer-coolio-artis-leon-ivey-jr-gangster-paradise-dangerous-minds-1995-768x534.jpg

Was only listening to him a few days ago. Sad news to wake up to and a real bolt out of the blue. R I P Coolio

Ah I was listening to Gangstas Paradise yesterday on the radio. Blared it. Voice of THE greatest rap song ever. Rip

God that's shit news. My sister runs a bar in Dublin and he brought an after party back there after his gig here in June. She has videos of him stood on the bar, singing Gangsters Paradise at 3am - still larger than life and looking like he'd go on forever. RIP.

He was amazing on Celebrity Big Brother. I remember reading about him in Hiphop Connection around 1993 and saw his album, Fantastic Voyage, in Virgin Megastore a few months later and fell in love with it. Way better than Gangster's Paradise, in my opinion. RIP.

Damn that shitty news. Such a cool guy. I remember hearing about him going to UCLAN halls from friends of the guys. They were cooking him chicken pies or something along those lines :lol: Seemed surreal that you've got Coolio from fecking Compton kicking it at uni halls in Preston.

Loved some of his music too. Never really listened to his stuff thoroughly but he has some nice tracks, particularly the uplifting stuff, and obviously Gangster's Paradise. I first heard that when I was a kid on holiday in France. It came on the TV and I was just glued to it.

Ahh sad news. What was his health issue?
Exact cause of death hasn't been revealed but his manager said paramedics believed he may have had a cardiac arrest. Anti-vaxxers are jumping on it but pre-covid plenty of healthy people with no underlying issues died from heart attacks.

The first song I memorised was Gangstas paradise. Never checked much of his catalogue however. RIP.

I gave him a handshake and bought him a shot when I was pretty drunk, he was in a nightclub i frequented after he'd been on big brother over here.

He was fine with people though. Took the time to talk to you.

Last thing I remember him doing is this track with some lads from the Ringsend flats in Dublin:

"Ringsend! The Compton of Europe!" :lol: ffs

Damn that shitty news. Such a cool guy. I remember hearing about him going to UCLAN halls from friends of the guys. They were cooking him chicken pies or something along those lines :lol: Seemed surreal that you've got Coolio from fecking Compton kicking it at uni halls in Preston.

Loved some of his music too. Never really listened to his stuff thoroughly but he has some nice tracks, particularly the uplifting stuff, and obviously Gangster's Paradise. I first heard that when I was a kid on holiday in France. It came on the TV and I was just glued to it.

I'd heard the stories but never seen these photos or videos :lol:

Reading the comments just highlights what I mean. People saying they didn't know about these stories but it seems he was like this everywhere he went, just mixing it with the locals. I feel like he should have been a bit of an internet sensation really and felt more love. You just don't see this with most people of his background and fame.

Instead these tiktokers (?) and influencers are talked about all the time. Here you've got a guy that's done it all in music, good friends with the likes of Tupac (imagine the stories) and so many others in the music business and he's happy to party with the locals wherever he goes. It's pretty crazy really.