Nationality: Czech Republic
172.png

Height: 198cm
Position: Goalkeeper
Foot: Right
Player Agent: Sport Invest
Contract Expires: Jun 30, 2027
Outfitter: Adidas​

My gut instinct is telling me that he could be our next wonderkid.

Ten Hag dropping Andre Onana is not realistic though, hopefully he gets some game time in the domestic cups.

He was always considered quite talented and has fantastic physique for a goalkeeper - he’s turning 21 this year and needs minutes badly, so I really hope we can secure him a loan to a club at a decent level, must be better than League Two like last year!

Was higher rated Kovar or now Vitek?

Needs to work on his kicking and when he has the ball at his feet.

In terms of actual goalkeeping very good job against Rosenborg. 6'6 and can make saves is a good start for a goalkeeper. He's had more experience and is better built physically for adult football than Elyh Harrison but I think the latter is far more talented.

In my opinion Kovář is much better with the ball at his feet. Distribution too, with both feet. In terms of shot stopping, crosses etc. they’re pretty similar.

Last edited:
Needs a loan with regular football, not point keeping a promising keeper on the bench barely getting a game.

I’m sure we could find a club with European football that would take him.

I believe Kovar played more when both were here, and obviously did well enough that Leverkusen took him and played him last season as their europa league goalkeeper where he did fantastically.

Vitek was rated higher by the club's youth goalkeeping coach Alan Fettis. Kovar at the same age had a bit of a mare on loan and wasn't as good as far as the bread and butter of goalkeeping is concerned. He was very reactive and unwilling to come of his line and hence got eaten up on loan at Swindon. Vitek thus far has shown a higher level in that regard and is far more proactive in his actions. The biggest question mark around Vitek was his ability to pass the ball out from the back and it does seem like he's improved in that regard and at 20 years old he's got time to improve further imo.

Good shot stopper but a keeper with poor distribution is basically worthless to a big club these days.

Needs a loan with regular football, not point keeping a promising keeper on the bench barely getting a game.

I’m sure we could find a club with European football that would take him.
He was only just playing for Accrington Stanley so a Championship loan would be great already

Wow looks like highlights and matches are now behind a paywall.

Anyway, caught his saves on YouTube. Seemingly good saves but if I were to make a harsh critique - all his parries ended up in dangerous areas.

Last edited:
I've always personally rated Kovar higher, I think he's the best keeping talent we've had at the club in the last decade easily. Can see Vitek becoming the better all-rounder though, in a more traditional sense as he's horrendous with the ball at his feet.

I think I prefer Kovar, possibly because he's no slouch with his feet either

Did he get a loan sorted out? I see Heaton starting and Mee + Onana on the bench for Betis game

The way Onana has been playing, we seriously need a capable No.2 before he costs us another CL group exit. Might as well start with Vitek. Make him our cup keeper. As good as the loans are, nothing will prepare him more mentally to play for United like playing for United.

We have quite a lot of cup games this year: the Europa League group stages, the Carling cup or whatever it's called these days and early games of the FA cup against lower tier opposition should all be his games to get his feet wet and see if he is ready to make the step up.

He was rated higher than Kovar, and considering how well he's been doing, might as well give him a shot then. And if Onana decides to let in his usual 4-5 howlers in a row, we can bench him and stick Vitek between the sticks. ETH has shown that he can drop a GK midseason if he has to at Ajax, so I see no reason as to why not here.

If not, let's just sell him and not waste our time or his development and sign a competent No.2

We definitely need to start playing with a "cup" keeper again. Really hope ETH implements that and doesn't just keep playing Onana every game. Might as well see what this kid is made out of, only one way to find out.