Quiz question ...

Demon Barber

Okay, so, I came across this interesting stat today and thought I would throw it open to the good folk on here who clearly follow the women's game. Also, a significant number of posters are from Scandinavia. So, here goes:

Q: What was unique about Swedish 4th Division side Ängelholms FF last season?

If you Google it, I will know, and you will forever go down in my estimation!

Okay, so, I came across this interesting stat today and thought I would throw it open to the good folk on here who clearly follow the women's game. Also, a significant number of posters are from Scandinavia. So, here goes:

Q: What was unique about Swedish 4th Division side Ängelholms FF last season?

If you Google it, I will know, and you will forever go down in my estimation!

Just a guess, but does it have something to do with their attendance?

Slow day? Yes.
Attendance? No.
Offside loophole? Possibly, but that's not the answer.
As for their name, I can't argue with that, but it is not unique that a team has a unique name.

Keep guessing.

I did look it up, and it's so incredible it's well worth going down in anyone's estimations. Wow!

Apparently a Spanish 3rd tier side did something arguably even more crazy in the 60s, but the Angelholms one is still unique.

I did look it up, and it's so incredible it's well worth going down in anyone's estimations. Wow!

Apparently a Spanish 3rd tier side did something arguably even more crazy in the 60s, but the Angelholms one is still unique.
You have gone down in my estimation, but for your honesty and not revealing the answer you have gone up even further!

I didn’t Google it, but it was one of the top posts on the soccer subreddit a couple of days ago. Truly amazing bit of trivia, that. Probably never happened before and may never happen again.

The kind of gloriously random fact that everyone should have at their fingertips - especially during a women's football international break. Thanks @Demon Barber

It's easily forgotten that when Arsenal men went unbeaten to win the league, they drew a large number of games against teams they really should have been beating!

Clearly it's the draws that kept this team unbeaten but not enough wins. None conceded as well... Man there must have been a large number of awful 0-0 draws!

It's easily forgotten that when Arsenal men went unbeaten to win the league, they drew a large number of games against teams they really should have been beating!

Clearly it's the draws that kept this team unbeaten but not enough wins. None conceded as well... Man there must have been a large number of awful 0-0 draws!
I think it were only 3 draws in 18 games… first had one draw and one loss (guess against whom ;))

I didn’t Google it, but it was one of the top posts on the soccer subreddit a couple of days ago. Truly amazing bit of trivia, that. Probably never happened before and may never happen again.
The not conceding thing separates it from Perugia in Serie A 1979, who finished 2nd despite losing no games.

The 3rd-tier Spanish side I mentioned above were Ourense FC all the way back in 1968. They won 30 out of 30 - a perfect league season that technically did see them at the top of the table - before blowing it in the playoffs and thus failing to secure promotion.

All of these teams will definitely feature the next time I'm putting together a pub quiz.

Sponsored by the Swedish movie sequel Änglagård? Club name means something like Angel Islet Football Union in Swedish. Lost the league to Heather City Heaths.

Tbf this will provide an invincible comeback vs any future annoying Arsenal supporters.