Film Power of the Dog

I haven't met anybody who hasn't thought this was one of the most boring films they'd ever seen. I know a few (me included) who couldn't even watch it to the end.

So how on earth is it nominated for 12 Oscars?

I haven't met anybody who hasn't thought this was one of the most boring films they'd ever seen. I know a few (me included) who couldn't even watch it to the end.

That's the power of dog

Pretty weak year for movies considering the competition was an overtly meta Matrix and Spider-Meme.

This film also had a lot of brooding moments where Benadryl Squampersquatch stared into the wilderness so it passes the "sniffing my own farts" pretentious test.

I liked the movie and the performances were good. But didn’t think for a moment it would be up for so many awards. I watched it over Xmas and must admit I pretty much forgot about the movie

I loved it. The ending totally elevated it as well, shame you didn't see it all.

Watched it over the weekend and I thought it was a really boring film.

I loved it. The ending totally elevated it as well, shame you didn't see it all.

The ending was kinda interesting but it was still one of the most boring films I have watched in quite some time - even though I could admire the performances and the look of it.

totally agree with you. I knocked it off after an excruciating hour.

I've seen it and enjoyed it. Can totally understand why some would find it boring, but I liked it. Thought the ending was interesting too and was satisfying.

Slightly surprised that Tick, Tick...Boom! isn't up for Best Picture.

No way should this have been up for so many awards while Pig was neglected. Pig was a much better movie.

Enjoyed it excellent acting decent story I guess some people are only satisfied watching the actors take steroids put on a ridiculous suit and fight a cgi monster or whatever

I prefer watching this type of film to a marvel film any day. But yea it was a bit boring. Needed more violence.

it is an arty film.

Boring is fine for me.

What I can't handle is Benedict Cumberbatch. I'd rather staple my eyelids shut than watch something with him in it.
My man! So glad I'm not the only one, I feel exactly the same ... a lone island in a sea of Cumberbatch fans. I heard him in an interview a few years back and he came over as a completely unlikeable 'better than thou' arsehole. I've never been able to move on from that to the point of no return! Not even saying he's a bad actor, i just don't like him ... which I've heard devastates him, obviously :).

after about an hour of it, I paused and clicked on imdb, wondering where the feck is that puppy that was supposed to change the main character. I think I was actually a bit drunk when I've first read the description two or three weeks earlier and I've never read it again after that. that's why I thought the main character was going to find a dog and soften a bit, but of course, it has nothing to do with dogs. still, it's a good movie, 7/10 good. imo, it's a modern day "Hud" - https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0057163/

after about an hour of it, I paused and clicked on imdb, wondering where the feck is that puppy that was supposed to change the main character. I think I was actually a bit drunk when I've first read the description two or three weeks earlier and I've never read it again after that. that's why I thought the main character was going to find a dog and soften a bit, but of course, it has nothing to do with dogs. still, it's a good movie, 7/10 good. imo, it's a modern day "Hud" - https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0057163/
:lol: I just love the thought of your face as you shout out "wait, what the feck?"

Kirsten Dunst's character just nose dived into alcoholism because she couldn't play piano well enough. It was utterly ridiculous. And now she's been nominated. BS