Potential Centre-Back Signings

Nori-

Free: Evans, Varane

Sell: Maguire £30m, Lindelof £15m

Buy: Diomande £40m, Scalvini £45m

Keep: Martinez, Kambwala

Thats £40m total spend and a tonne saved in wages, if one of Diomande/Scalvini turn our to be top players, you pair them with Martinez.

Last edited:

gajender

Buy: Diomande £40m, Scalvini £45

Thats £40m total spend and a tonne saved in wages, if one of Diomande/Scalvini turn our to be top players, you pair them with Martinez.
Scalvini just tore his ACL I don't believe he going anywhere anytime soon .

JohnnyLaw

Buy: Diomande £40m, Scalvini £45m

Maybe I’ve missed something here, but those estimated fees look very optimistic. I’d expect those players to cost us nearly double.
Getting £45m from Maguire and Lindelöf would be some trick too.

gajender

Were it not for that I’d actually take the risk of a season with Diomande and Scalvini over Maguire and Lindelof.
I am with you on this we need to revamp our backline completely there are lot of young talented CB's who are ready to step up , if the finances permit then we should definitely be bringing in couple of them .

daba

Maybe I’ve missed something here, but those estimated fees look very optimistic. I’d expect those players to cost us nearly double.
Getting £45m from Maguire and Lindelöf would be some trick too.
Yeah I’d say £25m for Maguire and about £12m for Lindelof is more realistic, then at least another £10-15m onto both Diomande and Scalvinis fees.

backofthenet

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
He's not the messiah... he's a very naughty boy
Looks like most of the richer clubs in England are on the hunt for CBs this year - ourselves, Liverpool, Newcastle, Chelsea at a minimum, plus the likes of Real Madrid are going to want to pick the cream of the crop up. Going to be a tough market

didz

Looks like most of the richer clubs in England are on the hunt for CBs this year - ourselves, Liverpool, Newcastle, Chelsea at a minimum, plus the likes of Real Madrid are going to want to pick the cream of the crop up. Going to be a tough market
Last year it was strikers. DMs before that. Why does everyone always need the same things at the same time?

didz

Full backs before that.
Big clubs need to start coordinating their transfer needs amongst each other. "No, Chelsea, you buy a striker every window. Let someone else have a turn and they might not feck it up."

aeh1991

Apparently William Pacho is for sale at Frankfurt as they want to cash in on him. He is a very talented Ecuadorian LCB. Would be way cheaper than Branthwaite or Incacio. He is 22, can pass very well, is 6'1 tall, pretty fast and intelligent. Before he went to Frankfurt, he was playing possession-based football with a very high line at Royal Antwerpen in Belgian league. Definitely a hidden gem.