Players Trophy Cabinets/Trophy Rooms

Heardy

I saw Michael Owen tweet a picture of his trophy cabinet in response to a bunch of guys criticising him on Twitter (which inevitably opened him up to even more criticism).

The picture did however make me realise that the only other personal trophy cabinet/room I’ve seen pics of is Gerrard on some episode of Footballers Cribs, or some similar show. The room was ridiculously self-indulgent, but each to their own.

Have any of you guys seen pictures of any United players trophy cabinets/rooms? Would love to see them myself. I’m sure I read somewhere that Giggs’ medals were all at Old Trafford, is this true? Nice touch if so, but would be nice to see the following haul of medals:

SirAF

Ageist
Remember from a documentary that Nani has quite a trophy room - including a statue/wax figure of himself wearing a United shirt + medals!

kiristao

To be fair to Gerrard, the room also has the jersey's of some of the football greats that he has played against which I think is a nice touch.... then again, maybe he did that just to fill up the room.. :devil:

I'm always right

Remember from a documentary that Nani has quite a trophy room - including a statue/wax figure of himself wearing a United shirt + medals!
You don't remember the doc very well then. Nani got upset at the suggestion of him having a statue of himself, it's simply a mannequin like from a store front with a Nani shirt and some medals. He's much more humble than some give him credit for although I did hear him once call a skill the "super Nani" :D

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
The other side of Stevie G's trophy room:

Modest collection of 18in hubs rather than the bling 22inch ones.

That's the kinda guy he is lah.

kietotheworld

I still can't believe Owen won the Ballon d'Or. 2001 must have been an extremely poor year in football.

Drainy

There isn't anything wrong with being proud of your achievements. Ok, you can go too far and build a shrine to yourself but Owen's trophy cabinet looks fine. Anyone criticising him is a nutter. Gerrard's is fine too in fairness.

I do appreciate the players who hide their medals away because it's all about next year too, there is a certain greatness to that mentality but they are a rare breed and it shouldn't be expected of every player.

lunchforthesky

i wonder what maldini's set up would look like.

xavi and iniesta probably have their medals all tucked away in some forgotten drawer.
Xavi still lives with his parents doesn't he?

Why, because they're oh so humble?
There's a documentary floating round showing Xavi's house (in Spanish with English subtitles). It looked to me like a 6 or so bedroom villa with his parents, grandparent(s) and brothers living with him.

Sassy Colin

Death or the gladioli!
Aliens are in control of my tagline & location
I still can't believe Owen won the Ballon d'Or. 2001 must have been an extremely poor year in football.
Owen was fantastic before he first got injured. When he came to us I was so looking forward to him renewing his England partnership with Rooney. Turned out to be the permacrock we all feared, but when he was fit he scored plenty for us when called upon to do so.

lunchforthesky

Yeah Owen is probably the worst player to win a Balon D'or in my time of waching football but he was an extremely good player in his prime nonetheless.

kietotheworld

Owen was fantastic before he first got injured. When he came to us I was so looking forward to him renewing his England partnership with Rooney. Turned out to be the permacrock we all feared, but when he was fit he scored plenty for us when called upon to do so.
Bollocks he did, he scored 5 goals in 31 Premier League appearances for us, and boosted his numbers with goals against Championship-standard opposition in other competitions. He was very good early on in his career, sure, but he was never best in the world or best in Europe standard by my reckoning.

Relevated

fixated with venom and phalluses
i wonder what maldini's set up would look like.

xavi and iniesta probably have their medals all tucked away in some forgotten drawer.
They are probably too shy to recall their football wins, they are super humble. In fact, I wouldnt be surprised if they do 2 jobs and football is just their side job because its something they enjoy. We as fans should learn from them.

swooshboy

Band of Brothers
I remember Michael Owen posted that pic in response to Piers Morgan questioning his ability - which I thought was a fair comeback!

I remember seeing a picture of Michael Jordan's trophy room. The floor for his trophy room was taken from the court at the old Chicago stadium - which I thought was pretty cool.

I'm always right

Anders Limpar keeps his FA Cup & League winners medals in a boot bag that also has a scrunched up worn Maradona Napoli jersey in it, I shit you not.