Player quirks

Solius

(• ___ •)
Staff
Are there any funny player quirks you've noticed over the years? Either for Utd or any other teams.

For example Luke Shaw pretty much always does a little hop before he sends a cross in. It's obviously something habitual that allows him to take the right amount of steps before striking the ball but I can't not notice it now.

Another is that Harry Maguire will pretty much always sweep his hair to the side after any defensive action. Lindelof does this too but he sweeps his hair back whilst running backwards with a kind of hunched gait, keeping an eye on the play.

Antony also will do a half grimace/half smile after any missed shot, whether it be close or miles off the goal. There may also be a thumbs up for whoever passed to him.

One common quirk I've noticed is that many of our players enjoy assaulting women, allegedly.

The Antony thumbs up is to the better option that he should have passed to, as a way of like "yeah next time I'll get you" before curling it high and wide again the next 5 times.

The Antony thumbs up is to the better option that he should have passed to, as a way of like "yeah next time I'll get you" before curling it high and wide again the next 5 times.

Ah true. Now I think about yeah it does that basically every single time.

Very different to the Lukaku thumbs up which meant 'Great ball, sorry my touch was catastrophic'.

Neuer's offsite hand everytine he conceded a goal?

Shaw doing the media duties every time we lose a game while the rest of them are hiding behind ChatGPT generated twitter apologies.

Perhaps a bit standard for Southern Europe, but it looks extra funny because he's so skinny: Bruno shrugging his shoulders whilst pointing with both hands to the ground and complaining about something to the ref.

Szcezceny taking a sip from his water bottle after conceding. I can't remember how often he did it, nor do I want to diagnose it, but I think it may have been linked to anxiety, given that he was caught smoking in the showers after a game.

Suarez had a little thing with biting other human beings.

My dad always used to point out that Irish players run with their thumbs up. I then noticed both Roy Keane and Denis Irwin did this, so it must be true

Lukaku and his thumbs up to every pass or cross played into him that he fumbles with his shite first touch

Casemiro with the smile and hands up after committing a reckless challenge. Successfully evaded many yellow cards in his career with that move.

Van der Sar used to open his eyes and mouth comically wide whenever he was about to face a shot

Rudiger and his wacky high stepping.

Gavi dribbles with his tongue literally in his cheek.

Raphael Leao gets possessed by the Joker when he's on the ball too.

Ozil would turn into the invisible man every time his team needed him to put in a shift.

Sterling's impersonates a t-rex when he runs.

Rooney commonly said "feck off!" When he hit the ball off target.

Ronaldo stares into the distance after missing a chance.

Another is that Harry Maguire will pretty much always sweep his hair to the side after any defensive action. Lindelof does this too but he sweeps his hair back whilst running backwards with a kind of hunched gait, keeping an eye on the play.

It's true :lol:

Robbie Keane fingerpointing every minute on the pitch when he was at Spurs. Once my Spurs mate in university pointed that out to me (and how much he hated it), I couldn’t unsee it.

Martial's deathstare everytime he's fouled or receives a pass that isn't a tap in on a plate for him.

Emanuel Eboue smiling when he scores, when he makes a mistake, when he fouls/is fouled, when he's being Emanuel Eboue.

Jordan Pickford.

Always notice Maguire do a little skip as the ball hits the net when we concede

Arjen Robben with his incredulous look, regardless of whether he scored, missed, got fouled, or fouled someone else. The reaction could be the same to all of them.

Harry Maguire will pretty much always sweep his hair to the side after any defensive action. Lindelof does this too but he sweeps his hair back whilst running backwards with a kind of hunched gait, keeping an eye on the play.
Yesssss this totally kills me. Been an irritating few years with so many quirks in our team...not to mention Fred's apologies, laughing at himself blasting row Z, run about directing players where to pass (As if anyone would take his advice), mis-control, misplace a lot of passes, charge into areas like a headless chicken leaving vast canyons of space. Ok you get the idea

Player looking at the linesman after he fecking up a simple goal.

Donny's little air kick when he doesn't receive the ball and his lion roar

Simone Zaza likes to take 100 tiny steps in his run up for penalties.