On this day 10 years ago

madzo2007

The 5-3 game that probably changed everything about LVG's reign. At least we have this wonder goal from Di Maria.

What a front 4 we had on paper, Rooney RvP, Falcao, Di Maria... 3-1 up, lose 5-3

Can’t believe it’s been a decade since that shitshow of a game. I remember following it on BBC sports on my iPad in my mum’s car as we capitulated. That front four should have been enough to win the league. All in all, it ended in tears, and di María can go feck himself, the twat.

Always feel this game gave LVG a scar and he went ultra defensive after this

Always feel this game gave LVG a scar and he went ultra defensive after this
Actually think this is when Ferguson’s United was finally broken. A mental fragility was introduced that day that we have seen rear its ugly head on numerous occasions since.

Actually think this is when Ferguson’s United was finally broken. A mental fragility was introduced that day that we have seen rear its ugly head on numerous occasions since.
The way Vardy bullied Rafael was a shock for me.

You didn’t think that it broke when Moyes was manager? He pretty much single-handedly undone our winning mentality in just eight months.

Two things cost us here:

- Vardy being a diving cnut
- Tyler Blackett being one of the worst starting defenders for us I’ve ever seen (he has spent most of his career in lower divisions). Kinda mad you can have so many world class forwards in that team and then have a League One centre back.

If we have someone better than Blackett and a better ref then we win that game and maybe Van Gaal doesn’t sacrifice his principles so early.

Yeah I remember this one well. Absolute dumpster fire of a game. Was Michael Oliver the ref?

Jeez 10 yrs ago. Blew that game and the pens if I remember were awful ones .

That front 4 though. Add current defence to that team and you have a title winning team.
De Gea
Dalot, De Ligt, Yoro, Shaw
Ugarte
Bruno, Di Maria
Rooney
Falcao, Rvp.

That push on Rafael by Vardy being unpunished followed seconds later by a challenge by Rafael which was probably 10% of what Vardy had done, resulted in a penalty. It should be shown in referee coaching camps as an example of inconsistent (and sh*t) refereeing followed by a slap to Mark Clattenburg.

That's why I'll always love how we literally kicked them out of Champions League football in that last match of Ole's first season (while we ourselves qualified for it officially). Revenge is sweet, motherfeckers!

Can’t believe it’s been a decade since that shitshow of a game. I remember following it on BBC sports on my iPad in my mum’s car as we capitulated. That front four should have been enough to win the league. All in all, it ended in tears, and di María can go feck himself, the twat.

Rooney, RVP, and Falcao were all past their best by then. They still had a ton of quality in their later years though.

That front 4 on paper is absolutely ridiculous.

It seems insane that we haven't title challenged for 11-12 years with some of the players we have had in that time

That front 4 though. Add current defence to that team and you have a title winning team.
De Gea
Dalot, De Ligt, Yoro, Shaw
Ugarte
Bruno, Di Maria
Rooney
Falcao, Rvp.
Rooney, falcao and Rvp were either crocked or well past their best.

Rooney, RVP, and Falcao were all past their best by then. They still had a ton of quality in their later years though.
Yeah falcao could barely run without falling over, Rooney was soon turned into a CM cause his legs were completely gone and RVP was shipped off to Turkey.. so sexy on paper though :p