Old Trafford Summer Refurbishment...

MyOnlySolskjaer

Creator of Player Performance threads
Old_Trafford_tunnel_11719567745001_medium.jpg
pictures-of-the-new-old-trafford-tunnel-v0-1t28851rfmhd1.jpg

So much nicer. As someone else has said, entirely cosmetic, but I do like the attention to detail on little things like this. It's a sign of showing pride in the club again. Such a simple fix, but it requires someone in charge who actually cares about the club in order to notice, and want to act on small things like this.

I know they've been doing some other stuff around the ground too, such as the change in seating at the Stretford end. All nice to see.

Nicer, but looks like something a teenager with the PES stadium editor would come up with

An improvement but at the same time looks a bit kids bedroom-y

I like it. A sort of Death Star / Sith vibe. Just don't have Darth Glazer out waving his sword about.

Definitely going for the Shankly method of trying to intimidate the opponents in the tunnel.

The hole in the bucket in the corner of the hospitality suite that you piss in, has been partially repaired too.

Its like on Only Fools and Horses where Boycie sells Del Boy a car, and Rodneys had goes through the bodywork.

Looks nice, though.

We definitely need the rocky fanfare back too. That sense of occasion for every match at old Trafford is missing with the stone roses

If they are moving to a new ground then why bother? A complete waste of money. Fixing the roof and other important fixes I can understand, but not cosmetics that wasn’t needed really

If they are moving to a new ground then why bother? A complete waste of money. Fixing the roof and other important fixes I can understand, but not cosmetics that wasn’t needed really
Looks like it cost a few bag at the most

I don’t know why people are being snidey about this. It looks great, it’s a big improvement from what was there, and it was never going to be a stadium rebuilt this summer. No harm in continuous improvement whilst the task force compile their report. Let’s be honest, there’s much to be improved on!

It’s definitely had it’s annual paint freshen up.
We parked there when we went to see Green Day in June and there was a strong smell of paint down by the Stretford End.

The tunnel reminds me of a few clubs I went to in the 80s.
Seriously though, it’s a big improvement.

The hole in the bucket in the corner of the hospitality suite that you piss in, has been partially repaired too.

You’ve been pissing in it?! That’s for shagging in case someone tries to make you a City fan.

Agree about the kids room look but the before picture is borderline depressing so it's still a huge improvement.

Let's hope they do a better job with the new build or refurb, that tunnel is awful.

Couldn’t find a generalised Old Trafford refurb thread. Didn’t want to make another.

But it’s Open House weekend in London this week, and an architectural rabbit hole lead me here;

Brutalist Stadia

I’ve been to Braga, and San Siro.

Can we all agree that our new stadium needs to built fully super sized Brutalist, and not in the modern LED covered uber capitalist manner?

If not, tell me why you’re wrong. Jokes

Couldn’t find a generalised Old Trafford refurb thread. Didn’t want to make another.

But it’s Open House weekend in London this week, and an architectural rabbit hole lead me here;

Brutalist Stadia

I’ve been to Braga, and San Siro.

Can we all agree that our new stadium needs to built fully super sized Brutalist, and not in the modern LED covered uber capitalist manner?

If not, tell me why you’re wrong. Jokes

Love an old school stadium. I wonder if it’s possible to do some sort of hybrid of the two, blending the powerful brutalist, fortress-like type with a modern touch.

Love an old school stadium. I wonder if it’s possible to do some sort of hybrid of the two, blending the powerful brutalist, fortress-like type with a modern touch.

There’s good and bad Brutalism, but to me it’s forever young when it was done well.

The cavernous spaces they afford in Stadia are incredible. Even if finished smoothly and painted white as a nod to modernism is incredible. The science museum in Valencia is spectacular. They looks like it was made yesterday.

Obviously we’ll end up with a stadium that was designed by committee and is there to maximise the amount the club extracts from fans pockets.

But if we are to build a new one, it would be a real state of intent to buck the trend of identikit stadia and just make the worlds best looking stadium. Almost a shame not to.