Nicolo Zaniolo | Heading to Bournemouth?

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
So, all-action, super promising Nicolo Zaniolo of Roma is now being linked to Spurs in a daylight-robbery move (similar to that regarding Dani Olmo).

He's 190 cm, has had a breakthrough season now with Roma that has earned him a call-up to the Italy national team.

Is there such a thing as too much logic?

Arsenal maybe getting Tierney for a pittance, Spurs getting Olmo and Zaniolo for maybe a combined 50-60m - how much did Fred cost again, what is the quoted price for Longstaff? This is killing me.

Spurs really setting themselves up to challenge for major honours next season. Good to see. Can we buy Levi please :lol:

Spurs are fools, don't they know they should sign a homegrown lad he will be hungry! Not some foreign fairy!

Such a strange time to be a united fan. We lose the battle every window.

Not that I know anything about this player. More that we could not dream of completing a signing for a fee of that nature.

Not usually a doom and gloom merchant either.

Why would Alderweireld go to Roma? He would currently be their highest earner on his Spurs contract? I'm not so sure I believe this one.

Feck that. Let's buy Harvey Barnes. Won't need any time to settle in. /s

Sounds like he should be in a Dr Seuss cartoon with Olmo.

Why would Alderweireld go to Roma? He would currently be their highest earner on his Spurs contract? I'm not so sure I believe this one.
Yeah doesn't make sense. Alderweireld will be looking for a huge last contract. No way he'll go to Roma.

Big fan of his?

Looks impressive from what I have seen, my sigh is more about the fees/deals Spurs seem to be doing vs us. If they can add quality depth to that team we are going to have problems surpassing them let along catching the rest

Yeah doesn't make sense. Alderweireld will be looking for a huge last contract. No way he'll go to Roma.
Yeah the article says he may prefer to not have competition from Vertonghen and Sanchez, with the promise of first team football. He'll also give up CL football for this!?

So, all-action, super promising Nicolo Zaniolo of Roma is now being linked to Spurs in a daylight-robbery move (similar to that regarding Dani Olmo).
If we have decided to buy English players, we will be scourged with price.

He's 190 cm, has had a breakthrough season now with Roma that has earned him a call-up to the Italy national team.

Arsenal maybe getting Tierney for a pittance, Spurs getting Olmo and Zaniolo for maybe a combined 50-60m - how much did Fred cost again, what is the quoted price for Longstaff? This is killing me.

Yeah the article says he may prefer to not have competition from Vertonghen and Sanchez, with the promise of first team football. He'll also give up CL football for this!?

Spurs often play with a back 3, so i dont know why he should fear competition, since they only have 3 ready made CB starters.

Roma would also be as dumb as Inter to let him go when they can fish for more money and buy Toby for 25m. It doesnt make sense to me this deal.

Spurs often play with a back 3, so i dont know why he should fear competition, since they only have 3 ready made CB starters. Roma would also be as dumb as Inter to let him go when they can fish for more money and buy Toby for 25m. It doesnt make sense to me this deal.
Yeah, it's not really stacking up for me. I'm calling bullshit.

Looks impressive from what I have seen, my sigh is more about the fees/deals Spurs seem to be doing vs us. If they can add quality depth to that team we are going to have problems surpassing them let along catching the rest
I think getting upset over a player you've never seen being linked to a rival shouldn't be a reason for getting upset.

We're being linked to like a million midfielders and I wouldn't be surprised if we didn't sign a single one unless Eriksen leaves, in which case I can only see one like Lo Celso.

This link screams bullshit.

I think getting upset over a player you've never seen being linked to a rival shouldn't be a reason for getting upset.

Then you are a bit silly given my post clearly states "from what I have seen"
Think you are doing mental gymnastics and trying to read minds over the internet for no reason...

We're being linked to like a million midfielders and I wouldn't be surprised if we didn't sign a single one unless Eriksen leaves, in which case I can only see one like Lo Celso.

This link screams bullshit.

You'll flog Wanyama imo which opens up room for another midfielder. He's not been reliable for Tottenham for a while now.

You'll flog Wanyama imo which opens up room for another midfielder. He's not been reliable for Tottenham for a while now.

Maybe, but I doubt it'll be a big name signing.

Right now I'm mostly ignoring the links, far too many players popping up.

No smoke without fire. Fact you're still being heavily linked to several midfielders tells me you're still after a CM irrespective of Eriksens future. Flog Wanyama and bring in a technical central midfielder to replace him. I still think your biggest weakness in the squad has been no squad replacement for Eriksen, you can't rest him as nobody in your squad can do what he does. Wouldn't be shocked if you signed Eriksens replacement this Summer even if he did stay for another Season. Then you have a seamless transition when he does leave and it also gives the club a big signal of intent with massive investment this summer.

Same for us but for some reason united fans like to take transfer rumours of our rivals as gospel.

Desperate thread.

Then you are a bit silly given my post clearly states "from what I have seen"
Think you are doing mental gymnastics and trying to read minds over the internet for no reason...
And what have you seen? It's OK, just say YouTube highlights.

Zaniolo and Ndombele... If both adapted well to the premier league that would strengthen spurs (though they may still loose Erikson but people who could afford him must be limited)

I do wonter if Zaniolo wouldnt benefit from another year or 2 in Italy though

Zaniolo is a proper talent. I see him like a young De Bruyne.

No way are Roma selling their most prized asset for 25m plus a 30+ year old defender :lol:

No smoke without fire. Fact you're still being heavily linked to several midfielders tells me you're still after a CM irrespective of Eriksens future. Flog Wanyama and bring in a technical central midfielder to replace him. I still think your biggest weakness in the squad has been no squad replacement for Eriksen, you can't rest him as nobody in your squad can do what he does. Wouldn't be shocked if you signed Eriksens replacement this Summer even if he did stay for another Season. Then you have a seamless transition when he does leave and it also gives the club a big signal of intent with massive investment this summer.

Maybe, but getting over-excited (or in the reverse, over concerned) about tenuous links is really a bit weird. I highly doubt we'll be signing Zaniolo, don't see Roma letting him go at all for 20m and a 30 year old cb.

Maybe, but getting over-excited (or in the reverse, over concerned) about tenuous links is really a bit weird. I highly doubt we'll be signing Zaniolo, don't see Roma letting him go at all for 20m and a 30 year old cb.
Correct.

And what have you seen? It's OK, just say YouTube highlights.

If you really want to know.

Roughly about 7/8 league games and 2/3 in the UCL

EDIT: Do you think football only exists in the PL?

Last edited:

Where's our scouts then All 63 of them.???

Personally I don’t think Italians adapt very well in English football

Although I do agree with your assessment based on recent stats, Zaniolo is still pretty young (20) and impressionable. He could adapt to English football if given a couple of years. PS: I think most Italian footballers who've come to England were in their mid 20s.

Personally I don’t think Italians adapt very well in English football

How many Italian big talents or stars have moved to English football the past 10 years for substantial money? And how did they do afterwards?

Balotelli is the only one I can think of. Maybe Aquilani, who didn’t really make it in Italy afterwards either.