g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

NHL 2023/2024

londonredmaniac

I suffer delusions of grandeur
Stars survived an 0-2 hole on the road, bring it back home at 2-2. Which means Vegas will probably win game 5.

Heard on the ESPN telecast last night that 1987 (I think) was the last time no first round series was 2-2 after four games. Dallas ended that possibility, thankfully.
Big big win that

RedDevilQuebecois

Silovs played well and will play tonight too. He was always a wildcard with his run in the world championship tournament last year
What is even more incredible is that Silovs used to play on loan to our (Montreal's) ECHL team in Trois-Rivières only 2 years ago. It takes real guts to jump from the ECHL to the NHL in such a short time.

londonredmaniac

Silovs played well and will play tonight too. He was always a wildcard with his run in the world championship tournament last year
He was excellent in both games. I like Silovs slot. He's done really well. Who goes in for game 6 I wonder?

Just cursing the luck for Demko really.

Last edited:

atkar83

He was excellent in both games. I like Silovs slot. He's done really well. Who goes in for game 6 I wonder?

Just cursing the luck for Demko really.
Has to be Silovs. They probably can't sign DeSmith, so may as well give the series to Silovs and see if he can build momentum into a backup job next season. He has better rebound control and overall confidence anyway (although DeSmith looked really good in game 3).

They really need to figure out how to keep Zadorov. He'll be so important to any team we have in the future. Just a bully that can also play the game

Tribec

The Oilers killed all hope that LA had of taking it to game 6 in the second period this morning, it's got to be a killer for any team to mentally kill our PP, only for it to score 4 or 5 seconds after the kill's ended. You may as well add those 2 goals on to the PP tally. The PK once again shut down everything that the Kings threw at them, and for the second game running only gave up on penalty. Happy for the players to have a few days rest and relaxation before the next series comes our way.

The Nucks v Preds was the only series that I felt any shock could come from in the West, all the rest of the match up's wouldn't be a big shock for either teams to win (though I didn't expect the Kings to get through). Would it shock me to see the Preds take it to 7, no and it wouldn't shock me if they stole the series. It would be huge especially after throwing away the 2 goal advantage with 3 or 4 minutes to play earlier in the series.

Good to see the Stars go to 3 straight, and whilst not wanting to jump to far ahead of ourselves a Stars/Avs v Oilers play off series evokes so many memories of those in the mid to late 90's.

RedDevilQuebecois

I don't know if any of you is watching Game 6 of the Bruins/Leafs series right now, but Boston is nothing short of sluggish out there. Tonight is the second time in a row that they have a bad first period (SOG: Leafs 11-2 Bruins in Game 5 and Bruins 1-12 Leafs in Game 6). I also have to remind that Auston Matthews has not played for Toronto since some time during Game 4.

Anyway, the losing side of this series will be this year's biggest meme in the NHL.

Last edited:

RedDevilQuebecois

So the Leafs have forced a Game 7 for Saturday night. Tree has officially coined a new term for the much bigger meme to describe whoever will lose.

THE ULTIMATE PAIN.

Last edited:

londonredmaniac

Has to be Silovs. They probably can't sign DeSmith, so may as well give the series to Silovs and see if he can build momentum into a backup job next season. He has better rebound control and overall confidence anyway (although DeSmith looked really good in game 3).

They really need to figure out how to keep Zadorov. He'll be so important to any team we have in the future. Just a bully that can also play the game
Silovs has been excellent again. Genuinely pleased for him. What a time for him.

Big Z is a great pick up. He's rapidly becoming a big big favourite in Vancouver. Like you say, mite than just a big body, guy can skate.

londonredmaniac

I don't know if any of you is watching Game 6 of the Bruins/Leafs series right now, but Boston is nothing short of sluggish out there. Tonight is the second time in a row that they have a bad first period (SOG: Leafs 11-2 Bruins in Game 5 and Bruins 1-12 Leafs in Game 6). I also have to remind that Auston Matthews has not played for Toronto since some time during Game 4.

Anyway, the losing side of this series will be this year's biggest meme in the NHL.
Game 7 is going to be a great watch

RedDevilQuebecois

Was never in doubt
We had the Ultimate Meme when the Bruins pissed away a 65-win season and a 3-1 series lead last year. This is rightfully labelled as THE ULTIMATE PAIN.

Steve Dangle has morphed into the Joker.

Florida should destroy Boston in the next round if that's the best that the Bruins can come up with.

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
We had the Ultimate Meme when the Bruins pissed away a 65-win season and a 3-1 series lead last year. This is rightfully labelled as THE ULTIMATE PAIN.

Steve Dangle has morphed into the Joker.

Florida should destroy Boston in the next round if that's the best that the Bruins can come up with.
That's the thing, I think we will find out pretty quickly that we lost to a very average Bruins team.

Marner and Tavares contracts are killing us.

MrMarcello

In a well-ordered universe...
Fantastic Game 7 between Dallas and Vegas. The Knights will rue some missed golden chances but Dallas looked in control most of the game.

Will be a tough matchup with the Avs who took a 3-1-0 mark against Dallas, 1-2-1, this season but Dallas won the last meeting in March, 7-4.

RedDevilQuebecois

Pandemonium! :lol:
OLD TIME HOCKEY!!! DU HOCKEY COMME DANS LE TEMPS!!!

Some people say that they didn't like Tkachuk drawing Pastrnak into a fight, but Pastrnak tried to get into scrap with Sam Reinhart a moment before the fight took place. Nothing but 2 consenting adults, superstars of their respective teams. I can't wait for Florida to have a go at the Bruins again in Boston.

What a fecking game!!!
IT WAS 4-1! :lol:

The Canucks really impressed me as much as the Oilers went full LOilers again with the same kind of comical defending/goaltending that cost them for years. That series can still go in a lot of directions, but it's already a great start.

londonredmaniac

OLD TIME HOCKEY!!! DU HOCKEY COMME DANS LE TEMPS!!!

Some people say that they didn't like Tkachuk drawing Pastrnak into a fight, but Pastrnak tried to get into scrap with Sam Reinhart a moment before the fight took place. Nothing but 2 consenting adults, superstars of their respective teams. I can't wait for Florida to have a go at the Bruins again in Boston.

IT WAS 4-1! :lol:

The Canucks really impressed me as much as the Oilers went full LOilers again with the same kind of comical defending/goaltending that cost them for years. That series can still go in a lot of directions, but it's already a great start.
That bit of luck for the Lindholm goal might have just turned it.

I think Edmonton come back strong, but just felt Canucks needed that first game to set the tone.

Whatever happens we've shown we can mix it. Zadorov and Joshua have become the absolute must signs.

Going to watch the Panthers highlights this morning. The East is stacked with talent. Game 3 will be really interesting.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Just checking in to say name a better duo than the Leafs and first round exists :D

RedDevilQuebecois

The Rangers take game 3 of their series against Carolina with another OT win to earn a commanding 3-0 lead. For a team with one of the deepest rosters known to man, Carolina sure find new ways to lose in very painful ways inflicted on their own fanbase. Anyway, I will have a laugh with UrinatingTree donning his Canes Man persona for the second time in 2 years after a comical elimination of Carolina is confirmed.

As for Dallas, they almost fecked up by going from 4-0 to only 4-3 late in the third. They hung on and scored the empty netter, but Dallas will have to do a lot better defensively if they hope to go all the way.

londonredmaniac

The Rangers take game 3 of their series against Carolina with another OT win to earn a commanding 3-0 lead. For a team with one of the deepest rosters known to man, Carolina sure find new ways to lose in very painful ways inflicted on their own fanbase. Anyway, I will have a laugh with UrinatingTree donning his Canes Man persona for the second time in 2 years after a comical elimination of Carolina is confirmed.

As for Dallas, they almost fecked up by going from 4-0 to only 4-3 late in the third. They hung on and scored the empty netter, but Dallas will have to do a lot better defensively if they hope to go all the way.
Rangers are going to be some team to beat by the looks.

RedDevilQuebecois

Three times Edmonton came back from behind before they finally won the game in overtime on a lucky 4-3 goal by Evan Bouchard. Tough one for the Canucks, but I guess it was expected that we would have this kind of high-octane hockey series. Now the series goes to Edmonton with a 1-1 tie and it will be a test of character for the Canucks. This has about everything to go the distance of 7 games.

In the East, the Florida Panthers blasted the Boston Bruins in Boston by a score of 6-2. Sam Bennett came back in the lineup for Florida and left his mark on Brad Marchand, who left with an upper body injury. If Game 2 and Game 3 are indications of what is going to happen next, my previous prediction of Boston getting destroyed will come true now that the rust from Game 1 is now gone.

Tribec

Three times Edmonton came back from behind before they finally won the game in overtime on a lucky 4-3 goal by Evan Bouchard. Tough one for the Canucks, but I guess it was expected that we would have this kind of high-octane hockey series. Now the series goes to Edmonton with a 1-1 tie and it will be a test of character for the Canucks. This has about everything to go the distance of 7 games.

In the East, the Florida Panthers blasted the Boston Bruins in Boston by a score of 6-2. Sam Bennett came back in the lineup for Florida and left his mark on Brad Marchand, who left with an upper body injury. If Game 2 and Game 3 are indications of what is going to happen next, my previous prediction of Boston getting destroyed will come true now that the rust from Game 1 is now gone.
Zach Cole with the winner for the Oilers, though Shaq was right behind him if he didn't get the deflection. After the first game when the Oilers had to cover for Drai, which I feel hindered the rest of the forwards D work, we got a 70% Drai skating 25 minutes, now he's home and can get some intense treatment on his back, hopefully he'll be back to 80% or more and able to go back to the 2nd line on Sunday. The refs had a stinker in this game, so many missed calls on both sides and a few softy calls as well. I'd predicted this in 6 elsewhere and I'm happy to stick with that, though I'd got the split the wrong way round.

Tribec

In all my years, did I ever think I'd see Team GB take the lead against Canada in a hockey match? I know it lasted only 30 seconds, but it's a lead and to be level after 1 period is magical... Now if we can keep it tight for the rest of the game I'll be happy.

Mickson

Great quote from the big United fan Victor Hedman to the Swedish commentator. "It feels good. My only concern right now is Manchester United".

RedDevilQuebecois

Great quote from the big United fan Victor Hedman to the Swedish commentator. "It feels good. My only concern right now is Manchester United".
Nice.

As for yesterday's NHL results, Boston really shot themselves in the foot in their "vengeance tour" following the unpunished sucker punch that Sam Bennett gave to Brad Marchand. The Bruins wasted a 2-0 lead to then lose by a score of 2-3 with goals from Sam Bennett and Aleksander Barkov in the third period. On Public Enemy no. 1 Sam Bennett's goal though, there was controversy as he seemingly shoved a Boston's Charlie Coyle into Jeremy Swayman prior to the goal. But when the goal was given, that was total chaos! I don't need to say that Montreal-born head coach Jim Montgomery didn't need much to start cursing in native Quebec French to the 2 Quebec-born referees. All lip readers out there got that one.

Mange d'la marde, osti! MANGE D’LA MARDE! :eek: :lol:
Anyway, I feel that incident is only a small piece of karma for the ton of things that the Bruins got away with in the last 15 years.

The Vancouver/Edmonton game was another one of see-saw, in which Brock Boeser scored a natural hat-trick after Edmonton opened the score. Nevertheless, it was another result decided by one goal. The question ahead of Game 4 is whether or not the Edmonton head coach is so fed up of Stuart Skinner's poor tenure in goal to give Calvin Pickard the next start. Personally, I think he should make the change once and for all. I just do NOT rate Stuart Skinner at all.

londonredmaniac

What a crazy series this is.

Whatever happens the Canucks have gone toe to toe with Oilers and that wasn't really on the cards start of the season.

It's going 7

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Wow. What a call that was. If I were a stars fan I don't know what I'd do honestly :lol:

I know what I'd think, but I better not say :nervous:

Tribec

What a crazy series this is.

Whatever happens the Canucks have gone toe to toe with Oilers and that wasn't really on the cards start of the season.

It's going 7
It certainly wasn't the way the Oilers started the season, dead last and McDavid 114 on the scoring charts, no one had the Oilers coming back and making the play-off's let alone being back amongst the favourites. Odd stat that I heard was that IF the Nucks win it would the first time ever the 4 divisional leaders would have made the conference finals.

Tuesday morning is going to be tense mind you, I think we've got it in us to win it. Two of our strongest points haven't been firing of late, McDavid seems off it, rumours that he and Hyman were ill before game 5 and the powerplay, that's not scored in 8 straight attempts. McDavid got 3 assists last night, but still looked a little off, his stick handling wasn't as slick as normal and that PP can't go 3 straight games without a goal.