Newcastle United 24/25 - Eddie Howe Sack Watch

RedRocket9908

It'll be interesting to see what happens with Newcastle now Staveley and Ghodoussi have gone and the Saudi's are running the club.

Eddie Howe must surely be one of the favorites in the sack race now.

It'll be interesting to see what happens with Newcastle now Staveley and Ghodoussi have gone and the Saudi's are running the club.

Eddie Howe must surely be one of the favorites in the sack race now.

She has to have one of the most terrifying faces around.

I think Newcastle do well next season on basis of their statistics over both seasons, sacking Howe would be a mistake.

I'd even take him at United if Erik doesn't drastically improve performances next season. He could be in the running for England potentially with Potter if the English FA ditch Southgate.

It will all turn on what happens with Guimaraes. If he is sold, they, and Howe, are screwed.

I think with the Saudis fully calling the shots now they'll get more ruthless. No room for error for Howe this season and keeping Bruno G is a must.

Wouldn't be surprised to see them target McKenna/Frank/Iraola/Amorim to replace Howe if they have a bad season.

Definitely had a shit window. Can't believe they didn't get another centre back besides Lloyd Kelly on a free if they had the money for Guehi.

Palace loaned Chalobah, not sure why they couldn't have instead unless Chelsea didn't want to loan to a rival. Seeing as they loaned Sterling to Arsenal I don't think that would have been a barrier. Plenty of other options too.

Who did they actually sign this summer?
I suppose the degenerate gambler coming back is like a new signing.

They thought they were getting Sheikh Mansour, instead they’ve got some “No value in the market” Skeikh, what a silly little club.

Sad.

Eddie Howe sounds problematic and I would steer clear of him.

If only these restrictions were in place for Chelsea and City in the 2000s and 2010s. Things would have been very different.

Always amusing to see another club have a below average window. About the only thing that went right is they managed to keep the likes of Gordon/Isak and Guimeras (sp).

The stories about Howe and Mitchell clashing over the Guehi pursuit is one to keep an eye on though.

Quite funny reading Craig Hope's article in the Mail. Steve Parish cooked them all summer, seemingly being a WUM because he didn't like the way they approached Freedman.

Big problems at that club and can't see Howe lasting the season.

I was just reading about some property rascal in Newcastle that bought a tiny plot of land just feet away from the turnstiles of St. James Pk for £180k. It's literally about 3 or 4 parking spaces.
Now he wants 10m for it off the Saudis so they can use it for any potential expansion of the stadium.
Genius!

I was just reading about some property rascal in Newcastle that bought a tiny plot of land just feet away from the turnstiles of St. James Pk for £180k. It's literally about 3 or 4 parking spaces.
Now he wants 10m for it off the Saudis so they can use it for any potential expansion of the stadium.
Genius!
He can collect it from one of their many embassies.

https://www.independent.ie/sport/soccer/premier-league/newcastle-backed-away-from-70m-marc-guehi-deal-to-end-saudi-tax-on-transfers/a1467301521.html

Newcastle United’s sporting director, Paul Mitchell, has said he had to walk away from the deal to sign Marc Guehi from Crystal Palace to set a precedent that showed the club would not be taken advantage of in the transfer market.
The club’s hierarchy have complained that, ever since the takeover by Saudi Arabia’s Public Investment Fund almost three years ago, there is a so-called “Newcastle tax” being levied on the asking prices they are quoted for players.

Same club that was quoting 50m for Longstaff a few years ago :lol:

Ofcourse he'll get the sack at some point

All these sugar daddy clubs do this. Bring a stop gap decent manager and then built the team up and then sack him and bring in a top.guy.

Chelsea and City both did the same

He can collect it from one of their many embassies.
Very good.

Allegedly a bone saw used whilst the journalist was alive and his fingers were taken to show proof of death. Maybe not the smartest downside/upside risk assessment.

Sack watch?!!! :lol:

They're not playing that well but 10 points from 4 tricky games is pretty good. They're a hard to beat team with real quality in key positions and one game a week will also be a huge benefit for them.

Serious top 4 contenders considering they turned around today's game without Isak or Joelinton.

Newcastle were very lucky to win that, Eddies job was probably saved by those 2 goals.

You genuinely think he'd have been sacked if they'd lost that?!:o Sometimes people come up with odd posts on here.

Not sure it's a case of the sack but him walking out if England come calling given the boardroom upheavel.

Do people think they should be going toe to toe with Man. City or something? They're very much in the top 4 race imo if they keep all of Isak, Bruno G, Gordon and Pope fit which didn't always happen last year.

Sack watch?!!! :lol:

They're not playing that well but 10 points from 4 tricky games is pretty good. They're a hard to beat team with real quality in key positions and one game a week will also be a huge benefit for them.

Serious top 4 contenders considering they turned around today's game without Isak or Joelinton.

They have a really tough run of fixtures through September and October though and could be a good few points of the top 4 by November

They have a really tough run of fixtures through September and October though and could be a good few points of the top 4 by November

They'll win some of those tough fixtures.

Even last season when they were crippled by injury they still beat all of Man. United, Arsenal and Chelsea at home. If their away form remains solid they will be in serious mix for top 4 as I could easily see them in the 60-65 points range.

It's very dramatic to type Howe was getting sacked if they lost 1-0 at Wolves, think you're miles off personally as he's in a very strong position up there with the fanbase and the England interest.

Sad to say but Howe is a state of the art manager compared to ten Hag. Newcastle are still unbeaten, he's doing a great job, and not just this season. Yep, they were also haunted by loads of injuries last season but still, at least unlike United, you can see that they have a game plan, tactics, etc. If he's gonna be sacked i hope Ratcliffe will sign him to replace ten Hag.

They beat Arsenal controversially, whereas both United and Chelsea suffered serious injury.

Newcastle also had serious injury in that time, remember them playing 17 year old Lewis Miley for about 10 games straight because they had no other CMs. They didn't do that because he was a talent like Mainoo, they genuinely had no one else to play there.

I've just looked at their fixture list and it really isn't that bad, Fulham (A), Man. City (H), Everton (A), Brighton (H). Can see them getting 7-8 points there, indeed they're probably one of the few teams who might get something off Man. City if they can click on the counter attack in that game.