Television Mr McMahon - Netflix series

Gabriel Djemba-Bebe

This was an entertaining watch for people like myself who grew up watching WWE but lost interest a couple of decades ago. I forgot how mad some of the shit was that they got away with putting on television. Back then, there was the attitude of "if you don't like it, then turn over to a different channel".

Despite interviewing Vince, and so many people close to him who would defend him to death, I thought Netflix did a job of being critical. It could have easily ended up being a fluff piece if it were in different hands.

never followed wrestling and it was a brilliant story, some of it really funny, some really sad

so many crazy parts to it, like when they kept going after Owen Hart's fall or someone dropped the undertaker on his head and he just carried on concussed to feck

Vince is a strange character with a very cold and ruthless side to him, but also a kinda nice side to him... he must have been an absolute nightmare as an employer

Looking forward to watching this. Haven't watched wrestling since the attitude era but always been fascinated by the industry, so many extraordinary stories from the 80s & 90s.

Judging purely from the trailer I get the feeling this did start life as a puff piece after the Netflix deal was done but theyve had to rework it given the subsequent controversy. Be interested in how deep they've gone on that, I doubt they'll be any talking heads from within the industry going in too hard on vince even now