Mourinho on Darren Fletcher

^Red Devil^

Inter Milan boss Jose Mourinho has spoken of his great admiration for Manchester United midfielder Darren Fletcher.

In his column for the Telegraph, Mourinho wrote: "If Barcelona will miss Dani, Man United will miss Darren Fletcher. Fletcher is more important than people think. His work in midfield, especially in the midfield 'wars', in crucial matches is very important. Man United will miss his pace and aggression in defensive actions: he 'eats' opponents in defensive transition.

"In possession he is not magic like Ryan Giggs or a superb passer like Paul Scholes, but he is dynamic, he makes movements, he creates spaces. I like him a lot and I believe it is not an easy decision to replace him. I believe Xavi and Andres Iniesta are happy Fletch is not playing."

He's right of course. But he really loves us doesn't he? Can't stop mentioning his admiration for our club and our players.

Before the 2nd leg of the semis, Mourinho predicted a Barca/Chelsea win in the final against United. Wonder if he still stands by that statement.

He'll take over United and make Fletcher his Lampard.

Lampard was already lampard at chelsea.
Fletcher is ferguson's fletcher. Mourinho had feck all to do with establishing either of there careers.

Hehe Just how badly does he want this job...

We'll miss him, but let's face it, there are probably 6-7 players whose absence would hurt us more. As well as he's done, winning it or losing it does not depend on Fletcher.

We'll miss him, but let's face it, there are probably 6-7 players whose absence would hurt us more. As well as he's done, winning it or losing it does not depend on Fletcher.

I don't agree with that. He is the one player who will stop Barcelona's midfield playing. As good as Carrick and Anderson are at it, Fletcher is simply better at getting in amongst the opposition midfield. He wouldn't give them a second. If he was playing, I'd be far far more confident of winning, not that I am not confident as it is. Big loss in my opinion. Big game player.

Ronaldo, Rooney, Rio, Vidic, VDS...etc. Equally important.

No, he's not. And if we don't win it, I don't expect anyone to be talking about his sending off as the decisive decision.

If we're insistent on someone running around in the middle, disrupting Barcelona and all that, play Park there. He'll do the job.

Normally I'd agree, but in a game like this, against opposition like Barcelona he'd be my first name down on the team sheet.

I m very happy for Fletcher and credit to Fergie that persisted with him even when the crowd turned against him.

Remember when he was called "THE scottish player"?

Looks like he's looking forward for the United job. He's spending more time thinking over our squad rather than Inter..:D

I guess the English media really miss him, he's always asked question about Premier League teams. He's right about Fletcher, stupid Rosetti, I've always said he's a wanker.

Inter Milan boss Jose Mourinho has spoken of his great admiration for Manchester United midfielder Darren Fletcher.

In his column for the Telegraph, Mourinho wrote: "If Barcelona will miss Dani, Man United will miss Darren Fletcher. Fletcher is more important than people think. His work in midfield, especially in the midfield 'wars', in crucial matches is very important. Man United will miss his pace and aggression in defensive actions: he 'eats' opponents in defensive transition.

"In possession he is not magic like Ryan Giggs or a superb passer like Paul Scholes, but he is dynamic, he makes movements, he creates spaces. I like him a lot and I believe it is not an easy decision to replace him. I believe Xavi and Andres Iniesta are happy Fletch is not playing."

and that;s why gotta love Jose :cool:

Fletcher will be missed for his unique qualities but in his absence comes an opportunity for others. We have some decent options we can bring into our side that will give Barcelona just as many reasons to worry.

I can't see us missing Fletcher that much in that I think Fergie will set up the team to stifle Barca as much as possible whenever they have the ball, it'll just be someone else having to do the leg work rather than Fletcher - it all depends on how well said stand-in does in that role.

I also think that the players supposedly not fit to play (Iniesta, Henry.....) mean that we will not miss The Scottish Player as much. If they really are struggling to play then we should be able to cope with or without Fletch.

I also agree that no-one in their right mind will possibly say that the reason we did not win, should this happen, was Fletcher not being able to play

I can't see us missing Fletcher that much in that I think Fergie will set up the team to stifle Barca as much as possible whenever they have the ball, it'll just be someone else having to do the leg work rather than Fletcher - it all depends on how well said stand-in does in that role.

I also think that the players supposedly not fit to play (Iniesta, Henry.....) mean that we will not miss The Scottish Player as much. If they really are struggling to play then we should be able to cope with or without Fletch.

I also agree that no-one in their right mind will possibly say that the reason we did not win, should this happen, was Fletcher not being able to play

Disagree with that. Fletcher is our best player at stifling the opposition, ask Arsenal.

Carrick isnt a natural tackler, Andersons engine is nowhere near as good as his. Giggs isnt in the team for that role.

Trust me he'll be missed.

I agree we will miss him but I said it would not be that much or as much as if Barcelona had a full strength 100% first XI against us!

I think the rest of the team will be set up in such a manner that Barca will remain stifled without having to rely on Fletcher to do all of the stifling

Xavi and Iniesta will defo have an easier time without Fletcher. Will be a miss but with the squad we have, we should be good enough to make sure we dont really miss him.

he knows our team inside and out and if fergie retires within the next three years, without doubt he'll be the new gaffer. the glazers wont take a punt on 20legend or larry white as they'll want to go for the 'safe' and conservative choice.

I think a majority of the Caftards don't hate him like they used to. I blame Special1TV

he knows our team inside and out and if fergie retires within the next three years, without doubt he'll be the new gaffer. the glazers wont take a punt on 20legend or larry white as they'll want to go for the 'safe' and conservative choice.

If mourinho takes over, its more than likely that fletch may actually be the first name on the team sheet, believe it or not!

Then again fletch is probably mourinho's type of player - as we know mourinho likes to win games based on superior tactics - fletch is probably the kind of player that's able to take instruction and carry it out to perfection.

The Special One knows all. His destiny is Old Trafford.

Seriously, when Fergie finally decides he's had enough, and if we're to build the next new dynasty, it has to be under Mourinho. My only concern is his itchy feet, but if he'll stay here for 10+ years i'll be happy.

Seriously, when Fergie finally decides he's had enough, and if we're to build the next new dynasty, it has to be under Mourinho. My only concern is his itchy feet, but if he'll stay here for 10+ years i'll be happy.

10+ years?

Gotta love your optimism man :p

I agree on the optimism, just hope he fecks off to madrid first so he can handle the 10+ years

Well. Cantona and Ronaldo are not exactly known for their humbleness, yet no one can doubt their abilities. Unless a fountain of youth is discovered to turn back the clocks of Fergie and Lippi, there's no other tactician I'd trust over Jose. Like Fergie, he is a born winner. The names that have been touted around like Blanc, O'Neil, Moyes, Keane, I dont think any of them possess the required quality and personality to start a new dynasty at this club.

Before the 2nd leg of the semis, Mourinho predicted a Barca/Chelsea win in the final against United. Wonder if he still stands by that statement.

He got that spot on!

I like him to be our next Ferguson.

I do see Mourinho taking over United at some point. Ferguson will stay for another three or four years, Mourinho will go to Real Madrid, get sick of the way things are done there and replace Ferguson.

Larry White, saved my life
And Larry White, will save your life
Leading United is his birthright
Sing Larry White, Larry White, it's alright.

I do see Mourinho taking over United at some point. Ferguson will stay for another three or four years, Mourinho will go to Real Madrid, get sick of the way things are done there and replace Ferguson.

Mourinho isn't a type of manager who would stay at any club for years. He gets too bored.

I think what we should do would be get in another SAF. In other words, deal with the rebuilding process for a couple of years as we did with SAF, and then hope that manager goes on to build an empire! A manager who will manage the club for 20 years. That's the way to do it!