Most influential people in Manchester United History

red.knight

Who are the most influential people who have played a significant role in shaping Manchester United into the club it is today?

In my lifetime, I have seen the impact of Sir Alex and Eric Cantona in shaping Manchester United's modern identity and winning culture, so they are at the top of my list. The remaining individuals are important figures from United's history that I've learned about.

1. Sir Alex
2. Eric Cantona
3. Sir Matt Busby
4. Sir Bobby Charlton
5. Jimmy Murphy

The main men were sir Matt Busby and Jimmy Murphy without them united would have been just another team

1. Matt Busby
2.Alex Ferguson
3. Louis Rocca
4.Jimmy Murphy
5. James Gibson
Nice to see James W. Gibson here. United might not even be in existence today without him. And almost certainly not as the beast it is today.

I'm not going to post a load of my Chelsea opinions in this thread.

Stop trying to take the thread off topic.

Please create a thread to share the history of Chelsea in the FF.

I think many of us literally have no idea what it entails so i know it would be well received.

Sticking a new name in there , all the others covered - John Henry Davies

Put some money in when were in debt, the club actually became Manchester United while he was there, started playing in red, white and black and moved to Old Trafford.

We were in debt again by the time he died.

Who are the most influential people who have played a significant role in shaping Manchester United into the club it is today?

In my lifetime, I have seen the impact of Sir Alex and Eric Cantona in shaping Manchester United's modern identity and winning culture, so they are at the top of my list. The remaining individuals are important figures from United's history that I've learned about.

1. Sir Alex
2. Eric Cantona
3. Sir Matt Busby
4. Sir Bobby Charlton
5. Jimmy Murphy

How on earth do you have Cantona above Sir Matt? Sir Matt is also easily above Sir Alex.

1. Workers of the Lancashire & Yorkshire railway
2. Harry Stafford
3. John Henry Davies
4. John W Gibson
5. Matt Busby
6. Jimmy Murphy

Without these 6 we wouldn't have what we have today

1. Matt Busby
2.Alex Ferguson
3. Louis Rocca
4.Jimmy Murphy
5. James Gibson
I’ve found out my wife is related to Louis in the last few years. Pretty cool considering how influential he was.

Michael Knighton believes he should be up there in the top 5.

Jimmy Ryan was a big part of our treble season and served many years at the club as player and coach.

Fun fact: First United player to get two champions league medals.