Estêvão aka "Messinho" | 17 year old Palmeiras winger

Malkovich

He doesn't go by Messinho, but Estevão if anyone is wondering

Gehrman

Phallic connoisseur, unlike shamans
I can remember the thread "We have to buy the next Messi". With a name like that you can't go wrong.

SparkedIntoLife

It’s very early to say but the indications are that this guy is one of the surest things coming out of Brazil in years. Normally I’d advocate his signing 100% in line with Radcliffe’s comments about finding the next Mbappe rather than buying the actual Mbappe. Real took a risk signing Vinicius Jr for huge money as a youngster and have repeated this with Endrick.

The thing that gives me pause for thought is that we have two fantastic right wingers in Lacey and Mantato. I agree with the principle of encouraging competition and trusting the cream of the crop to rise to the top but this may be too far given the talent of our homegrown lads. It would send a poor signal to them, especially with Mantato currently in contractual uncertainty.

André Dominguez

Supports
Benfica, Académica
The Messinho nickname is only from one spanish news article about him, in Brazil he is know as Estevão or Estevão Willian.

André Dominguez

Supports
Benfica, Académica
Also, Messinho (Little Messi) is a bit of a weird name, no?

Little Messi? What is he, Valbuena's height? Danny DeVito?
Danny DeVito :lol:

Pretty sure was an attempt of making some humour simply because Estevão is left footed, both started making part of the main team at 16 y.o. and he is also starting his career as right winger like Messi, but the similarities end there.

B20

HEY EVERYONE I IGNORE SOMEONE LOOK AT ME
Supports
Liverpool
Tell you what, if Messi had -inho at the end of his name, I bet you lot would rate him a lot higher.

devaneios

Supports
São Paulo FC
If you want a potential world class dribbler and creator from the wing, sign Wesley(Corinthians).

twitter thread suggester
Everything points to him going to Chelsea. And by all accounts coming from Brazil, he is the biggest talent in a long time :(

That is the type of signing that would get me excited about next season.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Don't understand why Flo is abandoning his policy of kidnapping any Brazilian kid who can run and kick a ball without falling on his arse for this guy

It's worked so well so far and by all accounts this is their biggest talent of them all. More than Endrick even. Why Flo?

pascell

Everything points to him going to Chelsea. And by all accounts coming from Brazil, he is the biggest talent in a long time :(

That is the type of signing that would get me excited about next season.
When will we be at the front of the queue for one of these wonder kids :(
The figures I've seen reported that Chelsea are having to pay as Bayern pushed them all the way, it would be massively naive and irresponsible for us to pay since we need to prioritise our first team.

STYLOISRED

I don't care how talented he is. He has to be putting up Neymar numbers in that league to be worth 65mil guaranteed.

ROFLUTION

Don't understand why Flo is abandoning his policy of kidnapping any Brazilian kid who can run and kick a ball without falling on his arse for this guy

It's worked so well so far and by all accounts this is their biggest talent of them all. More than Endrick even. Why Flo?
Because Mbappé costs a lot?

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Estevao’s team played against Kendry Paez’s team this week in the Libertadores. I thought it was a good opportunity to watch them both properly for the first time. Neither really stood out much, nor did Endrick for that matter. All 3 showed flashes here and there but it was a pretty crap game overall. Paez probably looked the most accomplished or the most advanced in his development out of the 3.

It was probably just an unfortunate choice of games. In the previous meeting Endrick and Paez scored 2 each in a rollercoaster of a game.

TPM

Supports
Real Madrid
What's the 'grand scheme of things' here? The overall cost of climate change?
He coming on a free (yes I know he'll get a signing bonus but that will be divided in 5 or 6 year payments) and his salary from all respectable Spanish journalist is he's getting paid in the same region of vini and Bellingham. This operation would have been enormous in comparison if he had come last year on transfer or 2 years ago when everyone thought he was coming.

Powderfinger

Supports
Arsenal
He has 3 career goals in senior football and only like 500 minutes played.

I don’t doubt that he is a huge talent but his resume is essentially academy football and word of mouth.

FortunaUtd

He coming on a free (yes I know he'll get a signing bonus but that will be divided in 5 or 6 year payments) and his salary from all respectable Spanish journalist is he's getting paid in the same region of vini and Bellingham. This operation would have been enormous in comparison if he had come last year on transfer or 2 years ago when everyone thought he was coming.
Why don't you put 1+1 together? :lol:

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
He has 3 career goals in senior football and only like 500 minutes played.

I don’t doubt that he is a huge talent but his resume is essentially academy football and word of mouth.
He basically has a similar body of work as Endrick when Real Madrid signed him in 2022. At least at club level. Endrick had already impressed at the U17 World Cup though.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
With the mess that is our first team, I doubt we can afford that kind of outlay on a player like him.

WouterWeghorst

Supports
Bald Managers
It's a gamble, but Chelsea are signing a lot of top top talents around the world. The ones that are not going to Real, that is.
Boehly is playing Footy Manager after a few pints, isn't he?

ForFuchsSake

Of course Chelsea sign him. Another young talent for them to just hoover up.

A series of loan moves before a permanent transfer to someone in his early twenties would not surprise me one bit. Might stick a bet on that actually.

TheMagicFoolBus

Supports
Chelsea
Of course Chelsea sign him. Another young talent for them to just hoover up.

A series of loan moves before a permanent transfer to someone in his early twenties would not surprise me one bit. Might stick a bet on that actually.
Wow, spoken like someone who definitely gambles and is good at it. Let me know what odds you can find for that parlay