Maximillian Oyedele | Signs for Legia Warszawa

Happy to see we're getting much better at creating a career path for our less promising graduates. All the best to him!

A lot of respect for him to see that it will be tough to make it here and to instead try to get minutes elsewhere. Hope he does well!

Did a bit better in preseason than I was expecting from the u21s although he didnt play much. Best of luck to him at Legia

Maxi:
- I feel like I was meant to join Legia for a long time, so I'm glad this transfer has come to fruition. I'm very excited about playing on this pitch. Of course, I'm aware of what a great club Legia is. I want to win the championship with the club and be part of this team. For me, it's a huge chance to make my name. When I came here, I had a talk with the coach. He presented me with a detailed and extensive plan.

Legia Sporting Director Jacek Zieliński:
- We are joined by a player who is almost 20 years old, who began his football education in the cradle of football, in England, in one of the best clubs in Europe. He is a player who is a representative of Poland. He has incredible potential, and we want to create such conditions for him to have a chance to prove his scale.
- The competition in the midfield is strong. I think that Maxi - with his technical skills, physical condition and tactical sense - will not be in a lost position in this competition. We need more options in this area.
- I am glad that we have a large group of players from the Academy, who have been added to the first team, are developing in many aspects, gaining experience and adaptation to the conditions of senior football and the high requirements in Legia. They are definitely our future.
- Coach Feio's staff pays great attention to their individual progress. We are very close to achieving one of the most important goals for this season - playing in the league phase of the UEFA Conference League, which is why the team's staff must take into account several variants in each formation. This is also why we decided to acquire Maxi.

All the best to the lad, I’d love to see a Polish guy play for United but it doesn’t seem he had a chance here.

Good luck to him.

Always looked a decent player for the youth teams, but never felt like he had enough to get close to establishing himself with us.

I wasn't surprised his loan spells were only at NL and League Two level - they felt about right. But I was surprised how he struggled for games even with FGR in league two. I thought he'd do OK at that level.

Getting a move to one of the biggest clubs in Poland is great for him, and should help him internationally as well. Hope he can establish himself with them and also progress to Poland's senior national team over time.

Nice to see these kids going out and playing for big clubs in Poland and Greece. I’m always surprised that more don’t do this, as it’s far more exposure getting a chance to play European football than playing in League one.

Maybe a bit premature, and Poland has an easier league (with all due respect) but it looks like he offers more than Collyer and is younger.

Last edited:
Maybe a bit premature, and Poland is an easier league (with all due respect) but it looks like he offers more than Collyer and is younger.
No reason for “due respect”, Polish league is abysmal and the level is lower than you’d expect. Check the results of Polish teams in Europe in last decades, also Legia used to be the best in the country (due to their financial advantage) but now are in a big crisis. I wouldn’t read much from his games against Polish farmers

Nice highlights.

Didnt rate him at all from the matches I saw with him playing last season for the u21s. He didnt look particularly good at anything, and I was dissappointed that even though he was mostly trying simple passes he would make poor decisions and lose the ball. Similar to how I felt about Collyer.

So its good to see from those highlights that there are things to work with. Some nice pieces of skill, a few forward passes, some very nice tackles. Its obviously not a high level of football but at least he looks like he's playing well

Maybe a bit premature, and Poland has an easier league (with all due respect) but it looks like he offers more than Collyer and is younger.
Do you remember Lukas Podolski? Ages ago he warmed the bench for Arsenal and Bayern and won the World Cup 2014 with Germany. By now he is 39 years old, much more busy with other stuff (like his own Kebab restaurant franchise, being a TV pundit and whatever...), and still a starter for Gornik Zabrze. Says all you need to know about the league.