Match of the Day 2023/24

Pickle85

Apologies if there's a thread already...I searched and couldn't find one but I'm also a tech moron so could have missed it.

Either way, I just heard Martin Keown use the adjective dominant about fifteen times in thirty words to describe James fecking Tarkowski and needed a space to vent. Mods please do merge with the inevitable thread I've missed.

Last edited:
Someone please explain to me how that Nunez goal was one of the best goals this season.

Is it because he managed to not hit the ball straight straight at the keeper like he normally does?

Someone please explain to me how that Nunez goal was one of the best goals this season.

Is it because he managed to not hit the ball straight straight at the keeper like he normally does?

Because it was voted best goal of that month, pretty simple.

Because it was voted best goal of that month, pretty simple.
I didn't even realise that was how this worked :lol: I assumed they picked some bangers and then put it to a vote.

It's mad to see us having 3 strong goal of the season contenders after the season we've had.

Good - no more drivel from Ian Wright. Great player, dull as f*ck pundit

I think I didn't watch a single episode of MOTD this year . The dire football we played all season must be why .

I think I didn't watch a single episode of MOTD this year . The dire football we played all season must be why .

Sky & BT putting up the highlights has been great.

I used to record or just pause MOTD for 20 mins, just so I could skip through those boring gowls Shearer,Jenas, Warnock or whoever they had on.

I may have only watched one or two episodes the last couple of years. It’s not what it once was.

Yeah I never watch it anymore. The pundits on Sky and BBC talking about Man City was difficult to listen to. Most football fans are fed up of them

Sky & BT putting up the highlights has been great.

I used to record or just pause MOTD for 20 mins, just so I could skip through those boring gowls Shearer,Jenas, Warnock or whoever they had on.
It's a shame they don't offer the option of cutting the punditry section out, as that MOTD where they refused to show up in support of Linekar's suspension was great.

Andy Townsend, co-commentator on MOTD Bournemouth v Chelsea

Nothing about it makes sense. MOTD never have co-commentators and Townsend to best of my knowledge has never worked for the bbc

Andy Townsend, co-commentator on MOTD Bournemouth v Chelsea

Nothing about it makes sense. MOTD never have co-commentators and Townsend to best of my knowledge has never worked for the bbc
Was very odd. Think they might have used the global commentary feed because they couldn't be bothered sending anyone down south

Was very odd. Think they might have used the global commentary feed because they couldn't be bothered sending anyone down south
Yeah you might be right

But that would also be very odd. Don’t think they have ever not had their own comms before

Yeah you might be right

But that would also be very odd. Don’t think they have ever not had their own comms before
I'm assuming it was down to the 8pm Saturday kickoff time. That's a bit of a pisstake regardless of how far away the stadium is - but especially Bournemouth.

The way Murphy gave it “no need to panic” as though it’s serial title winners Liverpool who will inevitably come alive in the business end, and not a declining squad with a new manager losing at home to Nottingham Forest. Can’t be arsed with the scouse media.

Townsend was co-commentator for our game at Soton. So all it would've taken is a 20 min journey from Southampton to Bournemouth.
Very likely he was at Dean Court.