FA Premier League

Manchester United vs Tottenham Hotspur

Old Trafford

Kick-off
Sun, 29 September 2024 @ 4:30pm BST
Status

Not Yet Started

Discussion Your Lineup Prediction

• Weirdly I think we'll avoid getting beaten here, so I'm going for a draw or win. We're due a bit of luck in front of goal but we also have to be more threatening and clinical without relying on luck.

If we nab a win and put in a half-decent performance then I can see ETH once again getting some breathing space and backing from the more fickle fanbase. It'll be another false dawn though.

What I want:

—— Onana
    Mazr - De Ligt - Martinez - Dalot
    ——- Ugarte — Mainoo
    Amad - Zirkzee - Garnacho
    ——— Hojlund

What we will get:

—— Onana
    Mazr - De Ligt - Martinez - Dalot
    —— Ugarte — Mainoo
    Amad - Bruno - Rashford
    ——- Zirkzee

sounds about right. I was optimistic about this before Wednesday night. I think this will probably be another draw where we have a lot of the ball but struggle to create good chances and Spurs are dangerous on the counter but we hold on. The attack needs to get going asap. The goalkeeper and defenders are very promising I have to say. It’s a big improvement in a short space of time on the defensive side. That’s a good foundation. Our attack is looking hapless yet again

sounds about right. I was optimistic about this before Wednesday night. I think this will probably be another draw where we have a lot of the ball but struggle to create good chances and Spurs are dangerous on the counter but we hold on. The attack needs to get going asap. The goalkeeper and defenders are very promising I have to say. It’s a big improvement in a short space of time on the defensive side. That’s a good foundation. Our attack is looking hapless yet again
    Just think we need a prolific striker and we will look a very good team. Huge mistake, imo, bringing in kids with no established striker. Happy to get young potential, but I think a short term established player - something like Cavani or Ibra - would have done wonders for the progression of zirkzee and hojlund.

Could be a shoot-out, a 3-3 etc. We can beat Spurs as they tend to be their own worst enemy. But, but.. we need to be careful and really focused in this game. Can't play for 30 mins, or 60mins... we can't.

Just think we need a prolific striker and we will look a very good team. Huge mistake, imo, bringing in kids with no established striker. Happy to get young potential, but I think a short term established player - something like Cavani or Ibra - would have done wonders for the progression of zirkzee and hojlund.

Totally agree.
    We just don't have the fire-power, up front.

I'm not sure what ETH was thinking.

Crazy take. Let’s get a short term option in who can propel us into the top 4 but becomes deadwood in a year or two. Exactly the reason we’re in the top 4 boom bust cycle is because the old regime would’ve done exactly that. Glad to see this regime is thinking long term and building a team that can eventually go further than just finishing top 4.

It’s not a crazy take. We lack a proven goal scoring centre forward. Ivan Toney hastily overlooked may prove costly. Hojlund and Zirkzee are not in the same league. I hope they both prove me wrong.

Oh for a Rooney RVP Cole Yorke. RVN.

We have historically been famed for our outstanding strikers, it’s seems a low priority for the clubs recruiters despite our obvious struggles to score last season and now this seasons looking about the same.

Ange is a far superior coach to ETH, and this will show. People are saying Spurs have been shit this season. Don’t think they’ve been watching them.

If Spurs have been “shit”, what have we been?

1-3.
    We have been no better or worse than spurs. Both won 2 lost 2 drawn 1.
    Ange a superior coach is open to debate. Maybe a better motivator, coach, I doubt.

Crazy take. Let’s get a short term option in who can propel us into the top 4 but becomes deadwood in a year or two. Exactly the reason we’re in the top 4 boom bust cycle is because the old regime would’ve done exactly that. Glad to see this regime is thinking long term and building a team that can eventually go further than just finishing top 4.
    Well no, because the whole purpose of it would be to buy time for Hojlund and Zirkzee to learn their craft off a more established striker. Because they’re miles off it, at the moment, and it’s costing. Crazy take, indeed.

Well no, because the whole purpose of it would be to buy time for Hojlund and Zirkzee to learn their craft off a more established striker. Because they’re miles off it, at the moment, and it’s costing. Crazy take, indeed.
    Right, both of whom are working with Ruud everyday in training and wouldn’t be playing anywhere near as much if we had a more established striker. They’re slightly lazy comparisons, but if you look back you can see what signing Ibra did to Martial and signing Ronaldo did to Rashford. If we signed someone solely for that purpose like you suggest, it wouldn’t necessarily materialise like that.

The best learning they can get is playing week in week out in the Prem.

It’s not a crazy take. We lack a proven goal scoring centre forward. Ivan Toney hastily overlooked may prove costly. Hojlund and Zirkzee are not in the same league. I hope they both prove me wrong.

Oh for a Rooney RVP Cole Yorke. RVN.

We have historically been famed for our outstanding strikers, it’s seems a low priority for the clubs recruiters despite our obvious struggles to score last season and now this seasons looking about the same.
    Ivan Toney? You should really look at his stats.

Ange a superior coach is open to debate. Maybe a better motivator, coach, I doubt.

Spurs played better football than us this season unfortunately, I worry about this game, if we play Eriksen and Mainoo in midfield it will be same old open highway through the middle.

Spurs have a leaky defence but can score goals. We have a slightly better defence but struggle to score. If they sit deep and hit us on the counter we're boned.
    But by that logic, if we sit deep and hit them on the counter then they are boned too?

I think that ETH will chose this line-up

.......................Onana...........

Mazraoui.De Ligt.Martinez.Dalot

.............Mainoo......Ugarte...............
    .....................Bruno..........................

Amad.......................................Garnacho
    .....................Højlund.............................

I would prefer a different formation witn 1 change in line-up:

.......................Onana.................

..................Mainoo.Ugarte.............
    ..............Bruno..............Rashford......
    ......................Højlund......................

I think that ETH will chose this line-up

.......................Onana...........

.............Mainoo......Ugarte...............
    .....................Bruno..........................

Amad.......................................Garnacho
    .....................Højlund.............................

I would prefer a different formation witn 1 change in line-up:

.......................Onana.................

..................Mainoo.Ugarte.............
    ..............Bruno..............Rashford......
    ......................Højlund......................
    You wanna play with 10 men?

I watched some of Spurs-Coventry. Coventry was better.

A decision has been taken to develop young strikers rather than buy off the shelf. It's probably a good decision. But it will take time

If we lose, I'm convinced he will be sacked.

We really need to address the squad's attitude at some stage, though. They just give up too simply. Not willing to fight.

Mentality is not something you can coach like physical attributes.

I agree that lack of fight seems to be our biggest issue at the moment. But a lot of the players we’ve signed recently have been signed with that in mind. They’ve been players who have shown plenty of fight for their past clubs.

If it’s not the coaching, then where’s the problem?

Last edited:
    Genuinely think we need to start Zirkzee and Hojlund together in this one. It won't happen, they seem like they could be the perfect foil for each other. Hopefully Bruno picks up enough yellow cards to allow this to happen at some point. Cause he's not getting dropped. Let's be real.

We have been creating plenty of chances this season but finishing has let us down. I believe this is the game where things turn around and the goals start to flow. United 5-1 Spurs

Start Mount where Bruno would be.

I just want to see how we operate without the chaos ball Bruno creates, how we would fare with a creator who tries a dozen less trivelas a game and is a bit more mundane and sensible.

I've seen most of Tottenham's games this season, and I think they've been pretty impressive. They dominate the ball and their press is ridiculous (they're league leaders in possession and PPDA). Against Brentford last week it was unreal how they were swarming all over them in the first 20 minutes - I think there were ten shots on goal in the first ten minutes alone.

Their problem has been converting turnovers and possession into quality chances. They dominated at Leicester and Newcastle but without ever really looking incisive, and then end up conceding too easily. I don't think Ange is too bothered about clean sheets, so if they do get the attack firing, they'll be pretty strong.

Playing out from the back in this one could be hazardous, and I wouldn't expect much of the ball. It's winnable if we can transition on them quickly though.

Weirdly I think we'll avoid getting beaten here, so I'm going for a draw or win. We're due a bit of luck in front of goal but we also have to be more threatening and clinical without relying on luck.

If we nab a win and put in a half-decent performance then I can see ETH once again getting some breathing space and backing from the more fickle fanbase. It'll be another false dawn though.
    New Dawn Fades can be the new entrance music.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Tottenham win
  • Draw

Detailed Results

• 17% Man Utd 1:2 Tottenham
  • 16% Man Utd 2:1 Tottenham
  • 11% Man Utd 1:1 Tottenham
  • 9% Man Utd 0:2 Tottenham
  • 7% Man Utd 1:3 Tottenham
  • 7% Man Utd 3:1 Tottenham
  • 7% Man Utd 2:2 Tottenham
  • 6% Man Utd 2:0 Tottenham
  • 5% Man Utd 0:3 Tottenham
  • 3% Man Utd 1:0 Tottenham
  • 2% Man Utd 2:3 Tottenham
  • 2% Man Utd 0:1 Tottenham
  • 1% Man Utd 0:0 Tottenham
  • 1% Man Utd 3:0 Tottenham
  • 1% Man Utd 1:4 Tottenham
  • 1% Man Utd 5:1 Tottenham
  • 1% Man Utd 0:5 Tottenham
  • 1% Man Utd 9:0 Tottenham
Compiled from 95 predictions.
Show more results Score Predictions League Table

Your Lineup Prediction

Closes tomorrow
Lineup prediction

Can you read the manager's mind and predict the starting XI and substitutes?