FA Premier League

Manchester United vs Tottenham Hotspur

Old Trafford

Kick-off
Sun, 29 September 2024 @ 4:30pm BST
Status

Not Yet Started

Discussion Your Lineup Prediction

• I don't see how we can lose this one. We're at home, we have millions of pounds worth of new players and our modern, amazing manager is well into his third season. He'll have the lads playing Ten Hag-ball by this game for sure!

I'll go for a 0-2 loss, BUT we won't really have lost because we'll see those improvements and our xg will look similar to Spurs'.

Zirkzee hatrick incoming. This is where it all begins for him.
    It'll need to happen soon.

He's a good player, links the attack well but he's not what was needed as he cannot consistently score goals.

With Hojlund also failing on that score, it could prove another expensive mistake.

Onana
    Maz--MDL--Martinez--Dalot
    Casemiro--Mainoo
    Amad--Mount--Rashford
    Zirkzee

Eriksen cannot start 4 games in 14 days. Bruno needs dropping.

Tossup between Ugarte and Casemiro.

Bring Hojlund, Eriksen and Garnacho from the bench.

I don't see how we can lose this one. We're at home, we have millions of pounds worth of new players and our modern, amazing manager is well into his third season. He'll have the lads playing Ten Hag-ball by this game for sure!

I'll go for a 0-2 loss, BUT we won't really have lost because we'll see those improvements and our xg will look similar to Spurs'.

And in our stadium which is far far more modern than that out dated stadium Tottenham have just built. We are a far more progressive club than them.

We can hope and pray to have as good as a 60mins as we did against Palace.

0-1 Spurs. Sonny, 66.
    We'll give him a goal much earlier than that, then gift someone who hasn't scored in about five years or never at OT.. or some such record-breaker

You mean third last? He has got Porto away next.

After Sunday:

Phone Rings

SJR: (abruptly) Yes? What?

GS: Well, Jim. Hullo.

SJR: What? Who is this?

GS: Jim, it's me! Gazza!

SJR: Who?

GS: Gareth!

GS: Gareth Southgate!

GS: Dan's mate.

SJR: Oh yes, Garth. What do you want?

And so on...

I loved this fixture when they had Hoddle, Archibald, Perryman, Jennings etc. I always thought Hoddle would have been a great player for us.
    We were very similar teams, were never going to win the league but were both very entertaining teams and good in the cups.
    I think Sundays game will be a decent match but not on a par with the matches from that era, still I’m going for a controversial 1-3 win for Spurs and Eric will be left hanging by a shoe string.

Boring 1-1 (where Spurs probably deserve to win based on chances created) and a crucial nail in the coffin for ETH.

Can’t see us winning this. I’ll go 2-2.

Onana

Maz
    De Light
    Martinez
    Dalot

Amad
    Ugarte
    Mainoo
    Garnacho

Bruno
    Hojilund

What I want:

—— Onana
    Mazr - De Ligt - Martinez - Dalot
    ——- Ugarte — Mainoo
    Amad - Zirkzee - Garnacho
    ——— Hojlund

What we will get:

—— Onana
    —— Ugarte — Mainoo
    Amad - Bruno - Rashford
    ——- Zirkzee

I loved this fixture when they had Hoddle, Archibald, Perryman, Jennings etc. I always thought Hoddle would have been a great player for us.
    We were very similar teams, were never going to win the league but were both very entertaining teams and good in the cups.
    I think Sundays game will be a decent match but not on a par with the matches from that era, still I’m going for a controversial 1-3 win for Spurs and Eric will be left hanging by a shoe string.

Funny you should say that because when I was a kid, Spurs at home was the first fixture I looked for. It was always a cracking game with both teams attacking end to end. One of the best games I saw was a 3-3 draw in the Charity Shield in 1968. Both sets of supporters applauded the teams at the end.

Ten Hag’s record against Spurs: W, D, L, D.

I reckon it’ll be another 2-2. I can see us scoring, but think they will too. They typically have more goals in them than we do.

Funny you should say that because when I was a kid, Spurs at home was the first fixture I looked for. It was always a cracking game with both teams attacking end to end. One of the best games I saw was a 3-3 draw in the Charity Shield in 1968. Both sets of supporters applauded the teams at the end.
    :+1:

I‘m giggling those line up predictions without Bruno - albeit being out of form, you do not drop a player of his calibre and Ten Hag definitely won’t.

Defence with Mazraoui, De Ligt, Martinez & Dalot pretty much picks itself. Mainoo, Bruno also certains, imo.
    Then we have good options at last:
    Ugarte or Casemiro or even Eriksen (fourth game in fourteen days?). Doubt it but not extremely unlikely though.
    Amad, Garnacho, Rashford, Zirkzee & Hojlund for the remaining three positions.

Reckon, EtH will start with:

Onana
    Mazraoui De Ligt Martinez Dalot
    Eriksen Mainoo
    Amad Bruno Rashford
    Zirkzee

Mount, Garnacho, Hojlund off the bench.

I‘m giggling those line up predictions without Bruno - albeit being out of form, you do not drop a player of his calibre and Ten Hag definitely won’t.

Defence with Mazraoui, De Ligt, Martinez & Dalot pretty much picks itself. Mainoo, Bruno also certains, imo.
    Then we have good options at last:
    Ugarte or Casemiro or even Eriksen (fourth game in fourteen days?). Doubt it but not extremely unlikely though.
    Amad, Garnacho, Rashford, Zirkzee & Hojlund for the remaining three positions.

Reckon, EtH will start with:

Onana
    Mazraoui De Ligt Martinez Dalot
    Eriksen Mainoo
    Amad Bruno Rashford
    Zirkzee

Mount, Garnacho, Hojlund off the bench.
    Says who? Top clubs drop their players all the time if they are not performing. That's why they're a top club. You don't reward consistent poor performances with more playing time, that's just ridiculous. Ten Hag won't because he is a poor manager that makes poor decisions.

I cant see how we have any chance of winning this or even drawing to be honest when we couldnt even beat Twente at home while Spurs beat Qarabag 3-0 despite being down to 10 men for 90 minutes.

We should really win but I can't really see it happening. It depends how Spursy this Spurs side decide to be I guess. They'll still probably carve us open a couple of times.

Never change United…every weekend is the next MUST win game.

Spurs, Porto, Villa in 8 days has the potential to be brutal.

I hope Ange sets them up to be wide open for the counter.

What I want:

—— Onana
    ——- Ugarte — Mainoo
    Amad - Zirkzee - Garnacho
    ——— Hojlund

What we will get:

—— Onana
    —— Ugarte — Mainoo
    Amad - Bruno - Rashford
    ——- Zirkzee

I'm almost there with you. I'd love to see:

-------------------------Onana
    Mazraoui----de Ligt--Martinez----Dalot
    ------Casemiro---Ugarte----Mainoo
    Amad--------------------------------------Garnacho
    -----------------------Zirkzee

I'd prefer Hojlund in that XI, but I don't think it's wise to start him given his recent injury lay-off, but eventually that would be a team I'd prefer. Casemiro with Ugarte as insurance policy will be more of a box to box and he does come up with good passes and he's invaluable defending set pieces and a danger at the other end too.

Don’t wanna hear any excuses from ETH for this one. They’ve had a day less as they played yesterday and we played Wednesday.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Tottenham win
  • Draw

Detailed Results

• 17% Man Utd 1:2 Tottenham
  • 16% Man Utd 2:1 Tottenham
  • 11% Man Utd 1:1 Tottenham
  • 9% Man Utd 0:2 Tottenham
  • 7% Man Utd 1:3 Tottenham
  • 7% Man Utd 3:1 Tottenham
  • 7% Man Utd 2:2 Tottenham
  • 6% Man Utd 2:0 Tottenham
  • 5% Man Utd 0:3 Tottenham
  • 3% Man Utd 1:0 Tottenham
  • 2% Man Utd 2:3 Tottenham
  • 2% Man Utd 0:1 Tottenham
  • 1% Man Utd 0:0 Tottenham
  • 1% Man Utd 3:0 Tottenham
  • 1% Man Utd 1:4 Tottenham
  • 1% Man Utd 5:1 Tottenham
  • 1% Man Utd 0:5 Tottenham
  • 1% Man Utd 9:0 Tottenham
Compiled from 95 predictions.
Show more results Score Predictions League Table

Your Lineup Prediction

Closes tomorrow
Lineup prediction

Can you read the manager's mind and predict the starting XI and substitutes?