FA Premier League

Manchester United vs Tottenham Hotspur

Old Trafford

Kick-off
Sun, 29 September 2024 @ 4:30pm BST
Status

Not Yet Started

Discussion Your Lineup Prediction

• Ange is a far superior coach to ETH, and this will show. People are saying Spurs have been shit this season. Don’t think they’ve been watching them.

If Spurs have been “shit”, what have we been?

1-3.
    I watched them draw 1-1 with Leicester, lose to Newcastle and get outclassed by Arsenal. Their two wins vs Everton and Brentford weren't on TV so I can't comment on them. No one's saying we haven't been underwhelming but Spurs have also underwhelmed and we have better players so I fancy us to come out on top.

Likely another loss, don’t have enough goals to win this match…could be writing on the wall for Ten Hag…not that I think that will solve anything.

Ten Hag needs a win in this one. Given we have Porto and Villa away after this, which I wouldn’t fancy us to get anything from even if we were in better goalscoring form. A loss against Spurs is probably the beginning of the end for him.

Last edited:
    Walking into a bookies tomorrow and backing large on Solanke any time scorer. You just know it’ll happen
    A fool and his money.
    Betting a mugs game especially when Utd are involved you have more chance picking the year man returns to the moon, in fact I think that's going to be sooner than Utd getting to win the PL.
    If we don’t get rid of Eric soon man will be on Mars before Utd win the fecking PL again.

We’ll batter them for 65 minutes without scoring, then Onana to concede with Mate’s first shot on target.

Cue desperation and we manage to scramble an equaliser through Dalot in the 90+4th minute, but it’s ruled out by VAR for a push on Romero.

I watched them draw 1-1 with Leicester, lose to Newcastle and get outclassed by Arsenal. Their two wins vs Everton and Brentford weren't on TV so I can't comment on them. No one's saying we haven't been underwhelming but Spurs have also underwhelmed and we have better players so I fancy us to come out on top.

Come on now. They had 63% possession against Arsenal, twice the number of shots and got ambushed by a goal from a corner, with Arsenal looking completely non-threatening otherwise. Yes, they struggled to break down Arsenal’s excellent defence but they definitely weren’t outclassed.

Onana
    Maz De Ligt Martinez Dalot
    Ugarte Casemiro Mainoo
    Amad Zirkzee Garnacho

Would never happen but play with 3 midfielders, Bruno isn't a midfielder and the #10 needs more defensive responsibility and more care over the ball than he offers currently at least.

If we don’t win 1-0, we don’t win at all. You can’t be a team that doesn’t score any goals, and expect to challenge for anything.
    But we keep signing players, particularly strikers with a poor goals record. You get what you overpay for.

Come on now. They had 63% possession against Arsenal, twice the number of shots and got ambushed by a goal from a corner, with Arsenal looking completely non-threatening otherwise. Yes, they struggled to break down Arsenal’s excellent defence but they definitely weren’t outclassed.
    I don't remember Raya making a single save which looked like a goal except one. While Martinelli missed a goal glut chance to put Saka in for a tap in. They didn't have a sniff. Also hilarious seeing possession stats being trotted out now but when we used to do the same for Wenger's team we'd hear only 3 points matter.

Spurs are poor hence their disasterous start to the league, United will kill them on the counter. I predicted a 3-1 Utd win. Spurs will gas themselves out with their high tempo and no bite and I can see Zirkzee, Garnacho and Rashford enjoying the space left behind.

Despite me thinking ETH will get the sack, I thought United looked excellent against Palace. Palace are no mugs at their ground.

If we lose, I'm convinced he will be sacked.

We really need to address the squad's attitude at some stage, though. They just give up too simply. Not willing to fight.

Mentality is not something you can coach like physical attributes.

I think the way Spurs plan means they may just hurt us really badly.

If we win it will be a scrappy and very close game. If Spurs win, I really wouldn't be shocked if it was 4 or 5. I think it could get messy.

Could be a season defining game in that without a win i think the fragile improvements in our play and confidence could collapse. Performances have improved but results haven't, it has to start now. Anything but a win is an awful result for us

We can hope and pray to have as good as a 60mins as we did against Palace.

0-1 Spurs. Sonny, 66.

I don't remember Raya making a single save which looked like a goal except one. While Martinelli missed a goal glut chance to put Saka in for a tap in. They didn't have a sniff. Also hilarious seeing possession stats being trotted out now but when we used to do the same for Wenger's team we'd hear only 3 points matter.

Spurs are poor hence their disasterous start to the league, United will kill them on the counter. I predicted a 3-1 Utd win. Spurs will gas themselves out with their high tempo and no bite and I can see Zirkzee, Garnacho and Rashford enjoying the space left behind.

Despite me thinking ETH will get the sack, I thought United looked excellent against Palace. Palace are no mugs at their ground.

I actually think Palace look really poor so far this season so, whilst I agree United looked really good in the first half, I’m waiting for us to produce that sort of display (hopefully also with some goals) against a team that has actually won a match this season.

I agree that Spurs should be perfectly set up for the Rashford-Zirkzee-Garnacho frontline to do damage. They are definitely no mugs though - it’s United’s second hardest match so far this season and the first didn’t end well.

If we win, we'll win well.

Thinking a draw, though.

Can foresee a few eventualities if we lose:

A) We dominate the early stages, create quality chances but do not take them. We are then forced into making multiple substitutions which don't work, ceding control and momentum. Any goal they score will be totally avoidable (you know what I mean).

B) We score first but are pegged back because we sat on our lead thinking the race was won. This remains the same even if we score the first three goals.

C) Our casual start allows Tottenham to take control and, with it, the lead. But we fight back and score a late equaliser, only to lose because we have switched off during injury time.

Yes.

Could make my head explode.

Honestly, I’m just looking to watch us play enjoyable football matches right now.

A team that has no plan b, should be easy to prepare for. We have pacey, counter attacking players and an element of solidity. Playing against a team that’s forever open with a high defensive line, should be fun.

I’d rather an exciting 3-3 than a sh1thouse 1-0 penalty win or 0-0. I just miss enjoying us play in a way I like watching.

Honestly, I’m just looking to watch us play enjoyable football matches right now.

A team that has no plan b, should be easy to prepare for. We have pacey, counter attacking players and an element of solidity. Playing against a team that’s forever open with a high defensive line, should be fun.

I’d rather an exciting 3-3 than a sh1thouse 1-0 penalty win or 0-0. I just miss enjoying us play in a way I like watching.

I dread our matches knowing the mood they put
    me into.

Even a spate of victories just feels like a preamble to the 'crazy'.

Can we please win this convincingly? They are bad and struggled quite a lot this season. But seeing as we struggled to create anything decent against fecking Twente at home, I'm not sure which of our players will actually turn up and how we will play actually.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Tottenham win
  • Draw

Detailed Results

• 17% Man Utd 1:2 Tottenham
  • 16% Man Utd 2:1 Tottenham
  • 11% Man Utd 1:1 Tottenham
  • 9% Man Utd 0:2 Tottenham
  • 7% Man Utd 1:3 Tottenham
  • 7% Man Utd 3:1 Tottenham
  • 7% Man Utd 2:2 Tottenham
  • 6% Man Utd 2:0 Tottenham
  • 5% Man Utd 0:3 Tottenham
  • 3% Man Utd 1:0 Tottenham
  • 2% Man Utd 2:3 Tottenham
  • 2% Man Utd 0:1 Tottenham
  • 1% Man Utd 0:0 Tottenham
  • 1% Man Utd 3:0 Tottenham
  • 1% Man Utd 1:4 Tottenham
  • 1% Man Utd 5:1 Tottenham
  • 1% Man Utd 0:5 Tottenham
  • 1% Man Utd 9:0 Tottenham
Compiled from 95 predictions.
Show more results Score Predictions League Table

Your Lineup Prediction

Closes tomorrow
Lineup prediction

Can you read the manager's mind and predict the starting XI and substitutes?