Manchester United vs Tottenham Hotspur

Old Trafford

Kick-off
Sun, 29 September 2024 @ 4:30pm BST
Status

Not Yet Started

Discussion Your Lineup Prediction

• Lucky McLuckerson

The saviour of our season (ask Maradona10)
    oVgxfU7.png
    ...................VS...........................
    SUWeGpx.png

Date: Sunday, September 29 2024
    Kickoff Time: 1630 Hrs BST
    Venue: Old Trafford, Manchester

KZBdZhg.jpeg

League Standings And Form Guide

11. Manchester United: WLLWD
    10. Tottenham: DWLLW

Previous League Meetings

Manchester United 2–2 Tottenham

Tottenham 2–0 Manchester United

Tottenham 2–2 Manchester United

Manchester United 2–0 Tottenham

Manchester United 3–2 Tottenham

All-Time League Record

Manchester United wins: 86
    Tottenham wins: 43
    Draws: 45

Pre-Match Pressers

Erik ten Hag

Ange Postecoglou

Team News

Manchester United

Leny Yoro, Luke Shaw and Tyrell Malacia ruled out. Victor Lindelöf doubtful.

Tottenham

Richarlison and Wilson Odobert ruled out. Son Heung-min doubtful.

Know The Opposition

ANOnC1f.jpeg

Tottenham Hotspur Football Club, commonly referred to simply as Tottenham or Spurs (and nicknamed The Lilywhites), are a professional football club based in Tottenham, London. The Hotspur Football Club was formed in 1882 by a group of school boys, mostly aged 13 to 14, from Tottenham Grammar School and Saint John's Middle Class School who were members of the Hotspur Cricket Club formed two years earlier. Initially, the boys that formed Hotspur Football Club played games between themselves and friendly matches against other local clubs. The team entered their first cup competition in the London Association Cup, and won their first competitive match on 17 October 1885. The club turned professional on 20 December 1895, and in the summer of 1896 they were admitted to the Division One of the Southern League. On 2 March 1898, the club also became a limited company, the Tottenham Hotspur Football and Athletic Company.

Tottenham were the first club in the 20th century to achieve the League and FA Cup Double, winning both competitions in the 1960-61 season. After successfully defending the FA Cup in 1962, in 1963 they became the first British club to win a UEFA club competition – the European Cup Winners' Cup. In 1967, Spurs won the FA Cup for a third time in the 1960s. In the 1970s Tottenham won the League Cup on two occasions and were the inaugural winner of the UEFA Cup in 1972, becoming the first British club to win two different major European trophies. In the 1980s Spurs won several trophies: the FA Cup twice, FA Community Shield and the UEFA Cup in 1984. In the 1990s the club won the FA Cup and the League Cup. When they won the League Cup once more in 2008, it meant that they had won a major trophy in each of the last six decades – an achievement only matched by Manchester United.

Tottenham supporters have rivalries with several clubs, mainly within the London area. The fiercest of these is with north London rivals Arsenal (with matches between them termed the North London derby). They also share notable rivalries with fellow London clubs Chelsea and West Ham United. Tottenham play their home games at the Tottenham Hotspur Stadium.

Referee

Chris Kavanagh.

Familiar Faces

N/A.​

I actually thought this could be the game to get our season going but after the last couple of performances I’m not so sure.

After personal circumstances have kept me from travelling over to OT for 6 years, I am going to this.

Haven't timed it well, have I?

Spurs have been shit lately and mateball plays right into our hands. But on the other hand, we're erm, not particularly consistent yet either.

We could twat them or make them look like prime Real Madrid and I don't think either would surprise me at all.

If we don’t win 1-0, we don’t win at all. You can’t be a team that doesn’t score any goals, and expect to challenge for anything.

Spurs have been shit lately and mateball plays right into our hands. But on the other hand, we're erm, not particularly consistent yet either.

We could twat them or make them look like prime Real Madrid and I don't think either would surprise me at all.
    I’d definitely be surprised if we dominated them. We haven’t won against them in three games.

I would like to see

Rashford - Hojlund - Diallo
    Mainoo
    Casemiro - Ugarte
    Dalot - Martinez - De Ligt - Mazraoui
    Onana

Three draws in the last three matches on the cards here? best hope of United winning here is that Big Ange leaves his defence exposed when turned over then again I wouldn't trust United to be clinical enough to exploit them.

They're capable of scoring goals and we pretty much aren't.

Could be a tight match but I do think they'll win.

Can we squeeze out another draw? Spurs has the firepower to hand us our asses, need to be careful.

Could be a difficult game, they all look difficult to be fair when we have such an inept and clumsy attack.

Spurs are shit this season so we should beat them? Is this the Spurs that are above us in league and have scored almost twice as much as us? I guess it really is a battle of a very mediocre team vs just a mediocre one.

1-2 or 1-3

Don’t care what team he picks. Just on my personal count down until he picks his last line up.

……………..…….Onana
    Maz…..De Ligt….Martinez…Dalot
    …………Ugarte……..Mainoo
    Amad……..Zirkzee…..Rashford
    ………………..Hojlund

Would like this but Bruno will play ahead of Zirkzee.

How we should lineup

----------------------Onana
    Mazraoui-de Ligt-Martinez-Dalot
    ----------------Ugarte-Mainoo
    Amad-----------Zirkzee---------Rashford
    -------------------Hojlund

Bayindir, Garnacho , Bruno, Mount, Eriksen, Casemiro, Maguire, Antony, Evans

……………..…….Onana
    Maz…..De Ligt….Martinez…Dalot
    …………Ugarte……..Mainoo
    Amad……..Zirkzee…..Rashford
    ………………..Hojlund

Would like this but Bruno will play ahead of Zirkzee.

Agreed I think we should go with this too but you know Bruno will be in and short of getting a knock is playing the full match

Walking into a bookies tomorrow and backing large on Solanke any time scorer. You just know it’ll happen

All I want to see if Bruno dropped, with Amad playing in between Rashford and Garnacho.

Garnacho is a different player on the right, and Amad is a better link up player than Bruno.

I think it'll take losses to Spurs and Villa for him to get sacked.

And there's a very good chance we do lose to both.
    Nah, he will probably scrape a win in one of the two games that will earn him another month and a shift in the poll. We're doomed to be stuck with him. He should have been sacked before the final, that was our chance to get rid off him.

Onana, Mazraoui, de Ligt, Martinez, Dalot, Ugarte, Mainoo, Mount, Garnacho, Rashford, Bruno.

People won't Bruno to be dropped but not sure it'll happen. Also is Hojlund ready to start a game? Could be Mount starting again with Bruno as fake 9. Amad should be on the bench with Garnacho starting as RW definitely. Not sure which 2 out of Ugarte/Casemiro/Mainoo will start but first PL start for Ugarte could happen.
    If he loses this, he is definitely sacked.
    Don't think there's a scenario where ten Hag gets sacked before International break. But lose to Spurs and his position is in danger before trips to Porto and Villa.

Ange to play his high line (mate) and gift us a victory thanks to our fast attackers and Bruno's long range passing. 2-1 United.

Ange is a far superior coach to ETH, and this will show. People are saying Spurs have been shit this season. Don’t think they’ve been watching them.

If Spurs have been “shit”, what have we been?

1-3.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Tottenham win
  • Draw

Detailed Results

• 17% Man Utd 1:2 Tottenham
  • 16% Man Utd 2:1 Tottenham
  • 11% Man Utd 1:1 Tottenham
  • 9% Man Utd 0:2 Tottenham
  • 7% Man Utd 1:3 Tottenham
  • 7% Man Utd 3:1 Tottenham
  • 7% Man Utd 2:2 Tottenham
  • 6% Man Utd 2:0 Tottenham
  • 5% Man Utd 0:3 Tottenham
  • 3% Man Utd 1:0 Tottenham
  • 2% Man Utd 2:3 Tottenham
  • 2% Man Utd 0:1 Tottenham
  • 1% Man Utd 0:0 Tottenham
  • 1% Man Utd 3:0 Tottenham
  • 1% Man Utd 1:4 Tottenham
  • 1% Man Utd 5:1 Tottenham
  • 1% Man Utd 0:5 Tottenham
  • 1% Man Utd 9:0 Tottenham
Compiled from 95 predictions.
Show more results Score Predictions League Table

Your Lineup Prediction

Closes tomorrow
Lineup prediction

Can you read the manager's mind and predict the starting XI and substitutes?