Lots of Ads

UnitedSofa

You'll Never Walk Away
Was using the site without being logged in this evening and I received loads of ads on the newest Xavi thread:

One in the OP
Two at the bottom of the page, one static and one video ad.
A banner ad actual page itself (so it followed me as I scrolled the webpage)
Plus the video one at the bottom would double up on the banner ad as I got to the bottom, so if I scrolled back up it would be layered on top of the banner ad, so essentially you had 4/5 ads on one page.

I was on iOS18 on an iPhone.

So you were using the site as an unregistered guest and got a lot of ads that mean your membership is free. What's the problem, again?

So you were using the site as an unregistered guest and got a lot of ads that mean your membership is free. What's the problem, again?
Because I want the site to be useable by those visiting the site as just a guest and thus attract more users.

Ads are are necessity to run a website, but when there's an excessive amount of ads, it's off-putting for people who may otherwise have been interested in joining.

Because I want the site to be useable by those visiting the site as just a guest and thus attract more users.

Ads are are necessity to run a website, but when there's an excessive amount of ads, it's off-putting for people who may otherwise have been interested in joining.
4 or 5 ads per page isn't bad. Have you seen some of the tabloid websites?

We don't care if unregistered people are inconvenienced by the advertising and the site has been set up like this on purpose. Someone can register, or login if registered, if they don't like it.

Last edited: