Liverpool Defeat | Bad Days for Casemiro & ETH | Transfer Window Round-Up - United Hour Podcast

Vault Dweller

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Dearie me...how often are we going to find ourselves in this position?

Nik(@Rood) and Jamie(@Vault Dweller) get the depressing job of reviewing United's 3-0 loss at Old Trafford to Liverpool. They discuss what went wrong, Casemiro's day to forget, and the pressure now on Erik Ten Hag. They also take some time to give McTominay a proper farewell, and give their overall thoughts on the Summer Transfer Window.

https://podcast.sport-social.co.uk/podcast/united-hour/

Where do we go from here troops? What needs to change?

Check out our Linktree for other listening links, social media, Patreon, podcast history etc https://linktr.ee/unitedhour

Hope you guys enjoyed the episode! Any questions or thoughts for next time?

Look forward to listening later on my evening walk.

I once said I'd like to be on this podcast, but given how I feel right now, I reckon your listeners would be jumping into rivers if they had to hear my views at the moment :lol:

I once said I'd like to be on this podcast, but given how I feel right now, I reckon your listeners would be jumping into rivers if they had to hear my views at the moment :lol:

Well I was happy @Annihilate Now! didnt make it on to the pod or I'd have been outnumbered by strong Ten Hag Outters

He deserves criticism but can't write off a manager 3 games into the season

:lol:think we all feel a bit like that mate!
McTominay will be missed. I'm pretty sure EtH would have kept him if given the choice.
Yeah I think he will be and as I said, if we could have made the money elsewhere I'd definitely have kept him.

Well I was happy @Annihilate Now! didnt make it on to the pod or I'd have been outnumbered by strong Ten Hag Outters

He deserves criticism but can't write off a manager 3 games into the season
Are you saying that you can't write off the manager at one of the biggest clubs in the world and spending hundreds of million who had -1 goal difference last season, -3 this season and has had countless hammerings from rivals?

Do you honestly see him turning it around?

Are you saying that you can't write off the manager at one of the biggest clubs in the world and spending hundreds of million who had -1 goal difference last season, -3 this season and has had countless hammerings from rivals?

Do you honestly see him turning it around?

Last season was obviously crap, saved only by the cup but this is a fresh start as far as Im concerned

Even if we lost all 3 matches I wouldnt want him sacked in 1 month - we have 5 matches left in September, lets see where we are at then

Last season was obviously crap, saved only by the cup but this is a fresh start as far as Im concerned

Even if we lost all 3 matches I wouldnt want him sacked in 1 month - we have 5 matches left in September, lets see where we are at then
That's probably fair but do you see him turning it around?

A fresh start towards what. Do you see this manager winning the league within the next three years?

Didn't they also lose in clumsy fashion? He must have felt like he never left United ;)
Haha true! The penalty they gave away in stoppage time was something else man :annoyed: but he played well himself, drove Scotland forward and scored while having another ruled out. Definitely interested to see how he gets on in Serie A, would assume that will help him push on further too.

But aye, Clarke and ETH both need to go :lol:

Haha true! The penalty they gave away in stoppage time was something else man :annoyed: but he played well himself, drove Scotland forward and scored while having another ruled out. Definitely interested to see how he gets on in Serie A, would assume that will help him push on further too.

But aye, Clarke and ETH both need to go :lol:

So glad he's gone abroad and we don't have to face the inevitable of him scoring against us for Fulham/West Ham/etc

We probably got our xG up with the chances created when we were already 0-3 down, which makes it look better than it was.

Even so it looks closer than the match was. It's a reminder that xG is just a stat and isn't the be all and end all in football. What we actually see remains more important.

We probably got our xG up with the chances created when we were already 0-3 down, which makes it look better than it was.

Even so it looks closer than the match was. It's a reminder that xG is just a stat and isn't the be all and end all in football. What we actually see remains more important.
Good point.

Correct - it's only in the last 30mins that we created any significant chances based on xG

There were 3 significant opportunities: the 2 Zirkzee chances from Rashford crosses and 1 shot for Martinez from a corner - the rest were very low on thd xG scale