Leonardo Spinazzola - Free Transfer

RedRocket9908

Since we dont have huge funds for transfers this summer would it be worth signing Leonardo Spinazzola on a free transfer to fill the vacancy at LB for a year.

Crocked unfortunately. Even when he's fit, I don't think he ever returned to his level after his injury at the last Euros.

He's off to Napoli apparently and he loves an injury as much as our other left backs

I really wouldn't recommend it. He has not been the same since his injury in 2021 and was frequently on the bench at Roma even when fit over the last two years. He is talented but struggled physically in Serie A last season and has no real pace to speak of, I think he would be a liability in the PL.

I really wouldn't recommend it. He has not been the same since his injury in 2021 and was frequently on the bench at Roma even when fit over the last two years. He is talented but struggled physically in Serie A last season and has no real pace to speak of, I think he would be a liability in the PL.

Aye, even if Sir Dave loads up him with the magic cycling roids and he stays fit all season, he'll probably look like Telles did in the PL.

Extremely injury prone. Shame as he looked excellent for Roma that season + the euros.

He is two footed also can play both left and right. . Talented player. But 31 , injury prone and probably wants big wages

Last edited:
Is he really though? He played 36 times for Roma last season and 40 the season before.

He didn't play 90 minutes in a lot of those games, either being subbed off or on in the majority of them. Roma have not had any interest in extending his contract at any point in the last two seasons and would have sold him if they could last summer so that alone should tell you all you need to know about his suitability for the PL. If I was signing a full back from Roma it would be Zalewski.

So much potential and it all gone down the drain with that injury.

A shame really.

That injury must’ve done a real number on him. He was recorded as the fastest player at the last euros, so for him to now have no pace….wow.

How much would it cost to bring him and Calafiori?

I’ll just check my Italian players menu list where all the prices are printed….

A cursory glance at the OP says Spinazzola is free. So I guess your question is how much would Calafiori cost?

No just no. I assume most people here don’t watch Serie A regularly. So they might think of the same player in last Euros. Well, he has gone backwards a mile. Can’t run, can’t defend, can’t concentrate and can’t be bothered to put a shift in.

I’ll just check my Italian players menu list where all the prices are printed….

A cursory glance at the OP says Spinazzola is free. So I guess your question is how much would Calafiori cost?
I don't know what would be fair in wages for Spinazzola but Calafiori looks pretty good but he will probably go to Juve so who knows what will happen. 22 year old Left footed CB and Spinazzola sounds good. Watch Calafiori to to Juve for 25 - 30 million and Spinazzola who knows but we will not go for him.

I would take Spina on a free.

As for Calafiori he’s going to be a star but he will stay in Italy as do most of the better Italian players.

I don't know what would be fair in wages for Spinazzola but Calafiori looks pretty good but he will probably go to Juve so who knows what will happen. 22 year old Left footed CB and Spinazzola sounds good. Watch Calafiori to to Juve for 25 - 30 million and Spinazzola who knows but we will not go for him.

We won’t go for Spinazzola. 31, knackered by injury, apparently lost his pace. Close to zero chance, and rightly so.

I’d bet my bottom dollar Calafiori will go to Juve too. Motta has gone there, and it’s an Italian player in Italy. It’s 103% Juve. Shame because he looks a quality player at a reasonable price. Versatile too. We’ll probably get Bremer for loads more and they’ll replace him with Calafirori

We won’t go for Spinazzola. 31, knackered by injury, apparently lost his pace. Close to zero chance, and rightly so.

I’d bet my bottom dollar Calafiori will go to Juve too. Motta has gone there, and it’s an Italian player in Italy. It’s 103% Juve. Shame because he looks a quality player at a reasonable price. Versatile too. We’ll probably get Bremer for loads more and they’ll replace him with Calafirori
Agree, absolutely.