Kyran Durnin - missing presumed murdered

Pogue Mahone

Closet Gooner.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
Can’t get my head around this investigation at all.

Police have taken the unusual step of opening a murder investigation even though no body has been found in the case of Kyran Durnin, who was reported missing along with his mother on 30 August.

Detectives said they were told the pair were last seen two days previously. The boy’s mother has since been located, but police said there was no sign of the child and he was presumed dead.

“Despite extensive enquiries … Garda Síochána (Irish police) have been unable to either locate Kyran, identify any information on his current whereabouts or any evidence that he is currently alive.

“Following enquiries to date investigating Gardaí now believe that Kyran is missing, presumed dead,” the police said, appealing for anyone who has any information that might be connected to the case to contact them.

Police believe he may have disappeared two years ago and said he was known to have been a pupil at a local school until “approximately the end of the 2021/2022 primary school year”.

WTF?

Been reading a lot about this Kyran Durnin case the last few days, couldn't see anything about it on here. It's extremely sad situation and one you really wouldn't expect to hear about in this day and age.

The young lad should be 8 now, but apparently he's been missing or at least hasn't been seen for just over 2 years. Gardai seem to think he was murdered around 2 years ago.

Search and case has been gathering pace over the last week, his mother who they thought he went missing with has been located in England. Gardai are now looking for the boys remains at the families former home in Dundalk.

https://www.rte.ie/news/ireland/2024/1022/1476739-kyran-durnin-investigation/

https://www.irishcentral.com/news/k...e-shares&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter

It's all kinds of messed up. Talking to people from Drogheda and there's all kinds of stories doing the rounds in the town.

One report I read said they had another child present at some point for a social services meeting or something like that.

I might be way off here, but if a mother doesn't report her son missing for two years, isn't it fairly likely she is covering up a murder?

Social services, the school’s safety teams, local safeguarding teams…..don’t you guys do stuff like that in Ireland?

Why did it take 2 years for someone to notice that he was missing if they had suspicions about her before they "disappeared"?
Apparently they told the school that they were moving up to Northern Ireland.

It sounds to me like the whole family are lying. They know what happened to this poor kid