g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Kieran McKenna | Ipswich manager | Brighton, United and Chelsea Interested

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
I never understood why he and Carrick got criticized cuz we don't know who does what.

Also he was brilliant with our U18 as far I remember. He was highly rated as a coach which is why he got promoted to first team.
Well our fanbase on the caf is always looking for scapegoats, in that case I think it very easy to understand. The likes of Phelan etc also got the same treatment

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Top scorers again. Remarkable as their joint top goal scorers scored only 13 goals each. They had 19 different players score this season. Who needs a Kane when you can get the whole team chipping in.
That’s so impressive. Just proof that the system/tactics with correct profiles > the actual players. Obviously at the very top level you need both, but still.

Wrecking ralf

Has anyone come across a detailed breakdown of how Ipswich play under McKenna. Be interesting to see his style given he came from us

Maagge

enjoys sex, doesn't enjoy women not into ONS
Great achievement. No matter what he goes on to do in the rest of his career he will always be the manager to have won back to back promotions in his first two full seasons in charge.

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Hopefully he keeps Ipswich in the prem in his first season in the prem and then he may get big job offers

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
The ones that scapegoated him on the first few pages if you must know. It's okay though, your post about him wasn't funny at all.
So you have no examples from the first page. Good to know.

Redivy

I’d take a punt on him now.
He has pedigree, he was highly rated when we brought him over and quickly worked his way up into our first team set up. So the talent has always been there.

He will have by far the weakest squad in the PL next season, so it might be a case of survival tactics for the first season.

Buster15

Go on Didier
Supports
Bristol Rovers
He has done an absolutely remarkable job for Ipswich and is obviously doing something right. He did take a lot of stick when he was at OT when he was blamed for some of the coaching problems. So maybe he was not given a proper chance to show how good he is.

Oranges038

He has pedigree, he was highly rated when we brought him over and quickly worked his way up into our first team set up. So the talent has always been there.

He will have by far the weakest squad in the PL next season, so it might be a case of survival tactics for the first season.
Lets see how he does in the PL first. Lots of coaches have taken teams up and not been able to step up as well.

BelfastRed2021

He'll manage United one day, pretty sure of it. He's English, something INEOS would look for, he knows the club, is a great coach and is liked by every body he's worked with here and elsewhere.
Kieran McKenna is not English he is Northern Irish\Irish.

rimaldo

All about the essence
Supports
arse

if he’s that good, he’ll have them challenging for europe. if not, then he’s not the right man for united.

CloneMC16

Hopefully our fanbase will have learnt not to make assumptions about our coaching staff again.

Apokalips

I never understood why he and Carrick got criticized cuz we don't know who does what.

Also he was brilliant with our U18 as far I remember. He was highly rated as a coach which is why he got promoted to first team.
There was a desperation from some to absolve Ole of the blame for our performances.

TrebleChamp99

Supports Liverpool
I’d take him over Ten Hag any day. Championship is infinitely better than Eredivise.

gearoid

Last Man Standing 2 finalist 2023/24
Fair play to him and his team. That’s some achievement.

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
That’s so impressive. Just proof that the system/tactics with correct profiles > the actual players. Obviously at the very top level you need both, but still.
on the flip side, Szmodics has scored 31 for Blackburn who only just avoided relegation on the final day. That's astonishing

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
21 assists.

Their squad is nowhere near being ready for the PL. Yes I know people probably said the same about the Championship, but the jump in quality is huge.

If they can extend the loans of Hutchinson & Sarmiento at least there’s two attacking players who I believe will become Premier League players long-term.

I love Sam Morsy’s attitude but that only takes you so far. Luongo the same. Reliable workhorses but that’s probably not enough. They like to play out from the back, even under intense press, so they need better players on the ball to do that in the PL.

Broadhead probably deserves a chance in the Premier League.

Hladký has impressed me, but it’d probably be ideal if he was the experienced no.2. It’s usually pretty easy to find a PL level keeper on loan from the other PL clubs.
Their squad as is stands, let’s just say I’d put them as cannon fodder for next season. He’s done an amazing job getting them promoted but it will be an extremely tough job keeping them up. If he does, then for me that’s more of an achievement

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff

Because “cry cry. Something about jobs for the boys. They’re not best in class. We need to bring in new staff that have been interviewed. Cry cry”

Lee565

I am open to the idea of mckenna being hired by united, I mean is the Dutch league really stronger than the championship?

Also when you consider this is mckenna's first go at management and achieved what he has whilst playing good football it is up there with what another young manager in howe had achieved with Bournemouth and he hasn't done too bad.

JackRowley

Kieran has done really well at Ipswich. The problem with any up and coming manager is that when you arrive at a club like United, or Liverpool, Arsenal, Chelsea expectations are higher, you done get much time to make an impact. I think maybe a recent exception to this was Arteta, first managerial appointment, even he was doubted even though he won FA Cup in his first season, and to be fair they look a good side and I fancy them to win the PL. I also believe he will be the next City manager.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
There was a desperation from some to absolve Ole of the blame for our performances.
There was more than that. People who wanted Ole out shat on McKenna and Carrick, with some shit takes like "jobs for the boys"

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Because “cry cry. Something about jobs for the boys. They’re not best in class. We need to bring in new staff that have been interviewed. Cry cry”
Probably they are moaning about Fletcher now.

Apokalips

There was more than that. People who wanted Ole out shat on McKenna and Carrick, with some shit takes like "jobs for the boys"
Ah yes, I did forget about that whole "jobs for the boys" nonsense. Funny considering how many mention both Carrick and McKenna as desired future managers.