Joao Neves: PSG watch

Benfica have been robbed blind. They have to pay 10% of the transfer fee to intermediaries.
Yeah, but not the 10s of millions above market rate sponsorship deal they'll no doubt have with Qatar airways in a season or two.

Yeah, but not the 10s of millions above market rate sponsorship deal they'll no doubt have with Qatar airways in a season or two.
Is this really true? I was wondering how PSG got Neves for just 60m.

Sorry I haven’t really been following the Neves trade to PSG much.

Apparently they’re sending Renato Sanches the other way. Not sure if it’s a loan or permanent deal but could explain the “softened” transfer fee? Also means less payment over to intermediaries. But again, I read that on a tweet, so not sure if Renato is really going the other way.

Apparently they’re sending Renato Sanches the other way. Not sure if it’s a loan or permanent deal but could explain the “softened” transfer fee? Also means less payment over to intermediaries. But again, I read that on a tweet, so not sure if Renato is really going the other way.
What a strange career he's had.

It's probably just me being cynical about how state owned clubs do business, but it wouldn't shock me at all.

Remember Trippier being sold to Newcastle for 12m after Atletico had quoted us 50m? Then a year later Atletico are being sponsored by a Saudi airline that doesn't even have any planes yet.

Annoying we weren’t in for him at that price. Unless we literally don’t have 60m to give them.

Yep, massive money moves. Played for some of the biggest clubs in Europe. But had next to zero impact at any of them. Another Benfica prodigy sold for ridiculous money.

PSG has no idea what to do with him, it's his second loan already.

Sanches is not worth from than 10-15m I’d assume.. I’d actually forgotten him in the last couple years..
I’m just shocked in general at the valuation because last I’d read, the asking price was a 100m
It's probably just me being cynical about how state owned clubs do business, but it wouldn't shock me at all.

Remember Trippier being sold to Newcastle for 12m after Atletico had quoted us 50m? Then a year later Atletico are being sponsored by a Saudi airline that doesn't even have any planes yet.
That’s crazy!

Such a shame we never were really in for him, he's a proper talent.

Two assists on his home debut. Not too shabby. Although the first one was all because of Barcola but what a way to start off you career at a new club. Looked very impressive in those highlights.

Last edited:
A bit annoyed that this guy is going to cost the same as Ugarte costs us.

Looks like they are playing Vitinha as a deep lying playmaker and Neves and Zaire Emery slightly more advanced.

What a group of young midfield talent.

This one is still a mystery. Quite clearly put in a bid for him, then all of sudden, nothing is mentioned.

Wonder if that cnut Di Maria got into his head?