Music Jeff Beck is dead

A bit of a punch to the face, this one. Second only to Hendrix as an innovator and pioneer in my eyes. A bit of a "guitarist's guitarist", but a truly unique and immensely tasteful player, and one who seemed 100% connected to his instrument. He summoned some incredible sounds out of the thing with total control of both the volume knob and the whammy bar.

Since We've Ended As Lovers is one of the most emotional and beautiful guitar pieces ever.

His music is something else entirely.

I have seen Santana, Page , Clapton, Eddie Van Halen, Stevie Ray Vaughn, and Jeff Beck all live and Beck was just on a different level and stayed on that level for a longer time.
RIP

Beck was an amazing guitarist, and perhaps the best of the Elite Brithish guitarists of the time (even though my preferences are Peter Green and Blackmore). He didnt stay only at blues as Clapton did. He didnt go too much to folk music (like Page), neither to classical (as Blackmore did) nor in Indian music (like Harrison). But he was a frontrunner of fusion and his tone was something else.

Astonishing control and expression. Master of his art. Tal Wilkenfeld on bass was great with him, and Vinny Coliuta on the kit.

Legend and his use the the whammy bar was decades ahead of its time. One of those guys who left an unmistakeable print on guitar playing.