James Overy

top1whoisman

Meet the press(conference)
Scout
United have completed the signing of 16-year old right-back James Overy. The Aussie who is also eligible for England mainly played for Perth Glory's U21s this season. Since his family returned to England at the end of 2023 he's represented Newton Abbot Spurs.

He impressed when he played 45 minutes for the Perth Glory first team against West Ham in a friendly last summer. Overy was 15 at the time. After that at least West Ham, Everton and Leicester have been chasing his signature but United have won the race for the promising defender. He was on a trial at West Ham in September.

Overy visited United in May and watched the Newcastle match at Old Trafford.

GO6GcOsWEAAvgFK

I've heard he's eggsellent, he's very reproductive in the final third.

An interesting signing for a position we really needed a player for. Oh and have a look at that mullet!

Last edited:
I know people are getting hysterical over this but I'd advise against putting all your eggs in one basket.

How will he fit in with Kamason and Ogunleye on the books?
I guess they would have to do it in cycles.

How will he fit in with Kamason and Ogunleye on the books?
I guess they would have to do it in cycles.

Ogunneye will be 19 in November, he'll be in the U21s. Kamason more and more too, you'd hope. And as we know unfortunately there’s always injuries you have to prepare for too.

Last edited:
Ogunneye will be 19 in November, he'll be in the U21s. Kamason more and more too, you'd hope. And as we know unfortunately there’s always injuries you have to prepare for too.

Yeah i know. I added Ogunneye so my joke of Overy and cycles would flow better.

Also, who knows, by the second half of the season, Ogunneye might be on loan while Overy and Kamason get minutes in the U21s like Amass.

Yeah i know. I added Ogunneye so my joke of Overy and cycles would flow better.

Also, who knows, by the second half of the season, Ogunneye might be on loan while Overy and Kamason get minutes in the U21s like Amass.

Shit, I missed that :lol:

Sounds a promising signing.

We needed a RB at U16/18 level and nice to see that he was wanted by a number of clubs.

United have signed him after careful ovulation of his abilities.

Wonder if wordplay really is the English national sport rather than football? They really love it!

We have to be patient and not get any creampie in the sky ideas about him coming into the first team immediately.

To those wondering why we haven’t seen him play yet, he’s apparently out with an injury but it shouldn’t be anything major. So let’s hope he gets to make his debut soon.

Dreading his first bad game. You just know there will be Overy action.