Jadon Sancho - Chelsea (loan) watch (Dog status: missing - responds to “Sanch” or promises of FUT packs)

You sound like a hater.

Hate away all you like.
Not really , was a player I just never saw the appeal of. He struck me as a bit of a Tom Cleverly type - neat and tidy playing the short simple passes but just not quite at the higher level of the top players. Only my opinion though.

You are so deep in some imaginary argument I cant help you. For some reason youve shoehorned me into the personification of your imaginary argument. I wont even go into details about the service I have for football streaming and how highlights are given to me, but even if your summary were true, which it isnt, you are basically saying that unless somebody can watch all 90 minutes of a player, all the time, they cant judge them. Then you arrive at some bizarre conclusion about what I value in a player, and suggest Sancho has some under the radar utility that basically everyone missed for the two years he drained the life out of United in whatever position he laboured in. I watched him countless times at dortmund, ive seen plenty of him at chelsea, and he is bog standard wide player and nowehre even remotely close to one of the best or most effective wingers in the league.

Not that the papers are the source of all knowledge but even a quick google shows a damning assessment of how sancho was at the weekend, regardless of what obscure tactical nous you picked up on.

Now, given that youve engaged me in your fandom off the back of a completely unrelated post, I can only assume you're looking for somebody to hammer on about Sancho. Please find somebody else. My well formed opinion is that he is absolutely woeful, and lacks the fitness and discipline to improve, and I was simply pointing out the cherry picking that goes on with United fans, who race in here any time he manages something kind of close to productivity. As I said, if youre looking for someone to argue about sancho with, get someone else.
What is absolutely amazing is that a few months ago, that same poster argued for ages about a specific performance, only to then admit they hadn't seen the game and were just basing their argument on stats :lol:

What is absolutely amazing is that a few months ago, that same poster argued for ages about a specific performance, only to then admit they hadn't seen the game and were just basing their argument on stats :lol:

No I didn't. What actually happened is that somebody claimed Havertz had a terrible performance and I was skeptical because his stats looked good. I then watched a compilation of all Havertz touches in that game (yeah, not a match highlight video) and turns out he had a good performance, not a terrible one.

And the reason I was skeptical were posts like the one which started this discussion. Basically United fans feeling the need to shit on players purely because of minority complexes.

He's played 4 games. 75% ratio of assists to games will be incredible.
That will be 28 assists and a PL record, so yeah, it will most definitely be incredible - but also impossible. It is Sancho we're talking about here. My point is that he isn't going to keep assisting if he doesn't create big chances, which he doesn't really do enough. He has been very lucky with his assists.

Crazily enough, yes, I do think you should have watched the match or at least more than 10% of his touches to judge the performance of a player :lol:

What you think about him as a player is a complete different story. It pretty much confirms that I put you into the exactly right box, though ;)

You're too deluded to engage with, so much so that you might actually be related to the guy. Revert back to my previous post

Crazily enough, yes, I do think you should have watched the match or at least more than 10% of his touches to judge the performance of a player :lol:

What you think about him as a player is a complete different story. It pretty much confirms that I put you into the exactly right box, though ;)
That's very rich of you to only look through your Sancho-lens at 90 minutes at Chelsea for 4 matches and ignoring all of us who've watched full games of him in 2 seasons with his woeful games at United.

I believe the fact that so few Manchester United fans pay attention to those details is one reason for why this transfer didn't work out. You only value the spectacular. But if players are only applauded if they do the spectacular and nobody does the little things right, everybody on the pitch will have less highlights up until even a "bang average" performance produces more output than 180 minutes of United wingplay. Ah, and it is funny to wind you guys up for your ignorance, of course.

... And the stereotypical impression you give us United-fans is that we haven't really watched him up close, else we'd know. Yet, we've watched him week in week out at United, and you haven't - else you'd know too he was also quite average besides your mentioned situations of doing "spectacular stuff". He was simply quite average and anonymous for the full 90 minutes. Never the leader, never good without space, anonymous in 90% of his appearances, yet he was a decent finisher and decent when given space - which we now see at Chelsea (Credit to Enzo for setting up the team for that). Also he mostly did well against lesser teams (Insert Bundesliga-reference here) and never stood out against big opponents.

You could even argue that's the exact opponents he's thriving against in these moments as he haven't yet played a big team/top team. He's done his 4 Chelsea-assists against teams placed 9th, 11th and 12th last season: Brighton (2 assists, very leaky at the moment) + West Ham (very leaky at the moment) and Bournemouth (very leaky at the moment). All teams who are in the bottom half of conceding goals this season (ranked around 14th-ish).

I gotta say I dislike your generalisations of United-fans - you come to a United-board, unwilling to listen to what we've all been watching for years, generalize us and pretend to know better.

His assists are barely assists. They are pretty much akin to when Busquets did a 2 yard pass to Messi, who then dribbled past 4 players and scored. Sancho has assists on paper, but he hasn't been a creative maestro.

I hope he sorts his head out long term and does well.

First season will always be a honeymoon, but his problem at united was lack of persistence, professionalism, and ability to battle back through any tough times.

Which admittedly, there have been alot of at United!

That's very rich of you to only look through your Sancho-lens at 90 minutes at Chelsea for 4 matches and ignoring all of us who've watched full games of him in 2 seasons with his woeful games at United.

... And the stereotypical impression you give us United-fans is that we haven't really watched him up close, else we'd know. Yet, we've watched him week in week out at United, and you haven't - else you'd know too he was also quite average besides your mentioned situations of doing "spectacular stuff". He was simply quite average and anonymous for the full 90 minutes. Never the leader, never good without space, anonymous in 90% of his appearances, yet he was a decent finisher and decent when given space - which we now see at Chelsea (Credit to Enzo for setting up the team for that). Also he mostly did well against lesser teams (Insert Bundesliga-reference here) and never stood out against big opponents.

You could even argue that's the exact opponents he's thriving against in these moments as he haven't yet played a big team/top team. He's done his 4 Chelsea-assists against teams placed 9th, 11th and 12th last season: Brighton (2 assists, very leaky at the moment) + West Ham (very leaky at the moment) and Bournemouth (very leaky at the moment). All teams who are in the bottom half of conceding goals this season (ranked around 14th-ish).

I gotta say I dislike your generalisations of United-fans - you come to a United-board, unwilling to listen to what we've all been watching for years, generalize us and pretend to know better.

I simply don't take the common opinion on here as gospel because I found myself disagreeing with it completely far too often. As an example, you've seen Sancho countless times as you claim and still believe he's a player who requires space. In my opinion, that is so fundamentally wrong that it disqualifies your opinion on the subject. It's not meant offensively or personal, actually I think it's been rather pleasant to discuss with you, but it simply goes completely against my perspective on football. And I've experienced this so many times in here that my first instinct is to be skeptical when somebody criticizes a player for being "bang average", especially when it is somebody which a large proportion of United fans wants to fail.

By the way, you won't hear me judging a player based on match highlights or even statistics. If you read through my posts in here, I never claimed he had a good performance, I just voiced my skepticism that he had a bad one. There still is no highlight video out yet (a positive when he played for United was that the gigantic fanbase alone ensured that there would be a all touches compilation of every game in no time) so it is hard to say but at this point, I'm pretty sure we'd disagree on his performance even if we watched the whole match together. Part of the experiences I spoke of for example consist of having watched a United match or at least watching all scenes Sancho was involved in and disagreeing fundamentally with the notion that he had a bad game. As said: To me it seems as if we simply value certaain types of players differently. I don't give too much on assists or goals for example because I think a preassist or even pre-pre-preassist can be a more valuable play than the final touch that puts the ball into the net. Each sequence of play is a little bit different but most people seem to think the farther you get towards the end of a sequence that lead to a goal, the more important the touch was.

You do know that Paez, Neto and Estevao are left-footed right wingers, right? Not sure how they’re relevant for Sancho’s competition.
Neto can very much play on the left equally as good. If I'm not mistaken then that's where he has played majority of his PL games.

The most ridiculous video I've seen. Lardarse Sancho controlling the ball (no-one doubts he’s good at that) and doing feck all with it.

The most ridiculous video I've seen. Lardarse Sancho controlling the ball (no-one doubts he’s good at that) and doing feck all with it.

Legit take? I mean it's far from 'poetry in motion' but the body feints to unbalance Aina while creating space for the overlap is as far from 'doing feck all' as you can get. Eden Hazard's unmatched PL MOTM award count was built on moments like that.

Legit take? I mean it's far from 'poetry in motion' but the body feints to unbalance Aina while creating space for the overlap is as far from 'doing feck all' as you can get. Eden Hazard's unmatched PL MOTM award count was built on moments like that.
Hazard had end product. Sancho did this for United quite often too, but ultimately it resulted in absolutely nothing, so not sure what this is about.

Yeah but it was followed with something that is ‘poetry in motion’. This part is something any decent winger could do.

Sancho is a better RW than a LW. His preference to play only one role probably says alot about him, Rashford & even Mbappe; interestingly all LW's.

His best performances for us (still only a max 7/10) came on the RW.

Same vs PSG at dortmund & went to crap in the final playing from the left.

He is like a more all rounded Aaron Lennon.

He takes on his man from both inside & outside when playing on the RW.

He was good at LW in his first years in the Bundesliga because he would simply beat a high line of the Bundesliga and send an assist to Haaland to tap in.

Sancho is a better RW than a LW. His preference to play only one role probably says alot about him, Rashford & even Mbappe; interestingly all LW's.

He was good at LW in his first years in the Bundesliga because he would simply beat a high line of the Bundesliga and send an assist to Haaland to tap in.

Sancho played RW in his first full season at Dortmund, then switched to LW which fits his playstyle much better. Haaland joined Dortmund much later than Sancho, too, so that part is factually wrong as well. I also couldn't think of a more inaccurate comparison than Aaron Lennon. They're literally nothing alike.

Haaland joined Dortmund much later than Sancho, too, so that part is factually wrong as well.
By now I actually like when someone makes this point. It shows that he has no idea what Sancho actually did in the Bundesliga and didn't watch him play. The amount of people who claim this BS instead of just saying they don't know is truly amazing.

No better way to spot an idiot in this thread then whenever Haaland is mentioned as a reason for Sancho's breakthrough.

God knows what this place would be like if he got himself back in the england team....

By now I actually like when someone makes this point. It shows that he has no idea what Sancho actually did in the Bundesliga and didn't watch him play. The amount of people who claim this BS instead of just saying they don't know is truly amazing.

No better way to spot an idiot in this thread then whenever Haaland is mentioned as a reason for Sancho's breakthrough.

Yeah, it is so stupid. By the time Haaland arrived in Dortmund, Sancho had already scored 26 goals and 37 assists for the their first team within 2.5 years.

Sancho played RW in his first full season at Dortmund, then switched to LW which fits his playstyle much better. Haaland joined Dortmund much later than Sancho, too, so that part is factually wrong as well. I also couldn't think of a more inaccurate comparison than Aaron Lennon. They're literally nothing alike.

Sancho played RW on 2018-19, 2019-2020.

Those were his best years at Dortmund. Just look at his highlights of the season and where he plays, scores & assists from. He may play LW sometimes but most of his goals and assists came from the right.

His worst high season was when he scored 8 and set up 11 during the 2020-21 season when he started playing more like a LW.

He is a better RW than he is a LW.

If Aaron Lennon is wrong, then an Antonio Valencia or Nico Williams RM that can dribble, cross, pass and finish is Sancho, a much all rounded player that ultimately stopped playing his best position. All I'm trying to do is show that he is a right footed RW than a right footed LW. It slows his game down too much playing LW.

I can't post highlights so do it for me - show me the bundesliga highlights of 2018-2019, 2019-2020 & finally 2020-2021.

2019-2020 he went from 33 g&a in 32 games to 18 non penalty goals and assists in 26 games in his 2020-21 season.

Soon as he started playing LW is when I knew we shouldn't sign him because he started becoming slower and trying to play more creative like current City players to break that lack of pace than playing by his instincs and at pace directly taking a player on from RW and the defender not knowing whether Sancho was cutting in or going out wide.

This is exactly what we saw vs PSG in the champions league. Him terrorising the opposition LB & then not terrorising the RB as we saw in the final.

Ole bought him to play at RW aswell, not to play LW because Rashford was our first team starter LW & even his best performances at United came as a RW.

I remember even under Ten Hag - Sancho started to deliver 2 consistent RW performances for United @ 7/10-7.5/10 & all of a sudden Ten Hag dropped him for Antony for no reason just like Rashford was dropped for Garnacho when he just started finding his form.

Last edited:
Is Sancho's loan permanent? Chelsea have to buy no matter how he plays? On Sky Sports it says there's an obligation to buy only if targets are met?

Wow :lol:

Comparing a player whose greatest(technical) *flaw* is the lack of elite speed with a bunch of players whose greatest *strenght* is elite speed is...a choice :o

Also Sancho played mostly on the right wing/inside channel in the CL final, btw

Chelsea need only to finish 14th or above, so I’d wager it’ll happen.
From what was being talked about the loan of Hall to Newcastle was thought to have just one clause ( Newcastle staying up) but in the end there were two one of which was about his health at seasons end. I am certainly not in the know but pretty sure there will be a secondary clause

Sancho played RW on 2018-19, 2019-2020.

Those were his best years at Dortmund. Just look at his highlights of the season and where he plays, scores & assists from. He may play LW sometimes but most of his goals and assists came from the right.

His worst high season was when he scored 8 and set up 11 during the 2020-21 season when he started playing more like a LW.

He is a better RW than he is a LW.

If Aaron Lennon is wrong, then an Antonio Valencia or Nico Williams RM that can dribble, cross, pass and finish is Sancho, a much all rounded player that ultimately stopped playing his best position. All I'm trying to do is show that he is a right footed RW than a right footed LW. It slows his game down too much playing LW.

I can't post highlights so do it for me - show me the bundesliga highlights of 2018-2019, 2019-2020 & finally 2020-2021.

2019-2020 he went from 33 g&a in 32 games to 18 non penalty goals and assists in 26 games in his 2020-21 season.

Soon as he started playing LW is when I knew we shouldn't sign him because he started becoming slower and trying to play more creative like current City players to break that lack of pace than playing by his instincs and at pace directly taking a player on from RW and the defender not knowing whether Sancho was cutting in or going out wide.

This is exactly what we saw vs PSG in the champions league. Him terrorising the opposition LB & then not terrorising the RB as we saw in the final.

Ole bought him to play at RW aswell, not to play LW because Rashford was our first team starter LW & even his best performances at United came as a RW.

I remember even under Ten Hag - Sancho started to deliver 2 consistent RW performances for United @ 7/10-7.5/10 & all of a sudden Ten Hag dropped him for Antony for no reason just like Rashford was dropped for Garnacho when he just started finding his form.
Why did you quote me as if I disagreed? You just confirm the discussed point which was that he performed well and got G+A long before Haaland arrived and didn't rely on Haaland.

This is some of the biggest BS I've read so far in this thread, and that says a lot because dear God this thread is a rollercoaster. This perfectly represents the absolute ignorance of some fans on Sancho's time in the German league and how he actually played. It just shows most people simply judged him by YouTube highlights(which just shows goals, assists and some dribbles) instead of watching how the player actually plays and the particular system he is playing in that's producing said results.

People!! Youtube highlight reels and extended highlights of a match are the worst forms of judging a particular player's performance and playstyle. Mudryk is one of the best players in the world on YouTube, you can't say the same when you actually watch him play a full 90mins of football now can you?
If you have such a big hard on for Sancho that much, it's probably best to take the time to watch him play so you can love him or hate him without coming off as an absolute egghead, or simply just don't bother and spare us all the cringe.