Jadon Sancho - Chelsea (loan) watch (Dog status: in him)

Just a question. Do you think Mudryk can eventually live up to his hype or it's just one of those failed promises kind of a thing. I am asking cuz all I ever hear from Chelsea fans is how bad he is.
Shown nothing recently that suggests to me he’ll turn it around.

If he genuinely wants to salvage his career he wouldn't have signed for Chelsea. It's probably the only club where he gets to fade into the background longer term without the coaching staff getting on his back. To an extent, I think we used to be like that.
He didn't really have much choice. Perhaps he could have tried to force a move through to Juve but I doubt we were going to then just cave into their demands.

He can feck the right off.

I hope he is even bigger shit for Chelsea than he was for us.

He didn't really have much choice. Perhaps he could have tried to force a move through to Juve but I doubt we were going to then just cave into their demands.
Or possibly Saudi. But being a marquee player would be too much pressure.

He's a big fish small pond player. Poor professionalism and attitude yet not enough talent to coast at a big club.

He should have gone to Juve, the Premiership isn't for him.

Also very telling that Dortmund never came in for him given the sort of fee we were willing to accept.

Indeed. Dortmund had a close look at him last season and evidently weren't enamoured with what they saw - from what I saw, he didn't really perform for them.

He's played under three managers at United and been crap throughout. I think his physical limitations have really held him back in the EPL - he just can't keep hold of the ball in this league. I agree that Serie A is a better fit for him. He’s never been any good for England, either, and consequently hasn't been involved with the national team for three years. Attitude problems and reports about his poor effort in training have followed him since he was in City's youth teams. Overall, United have done well to get him out (and get his wages off the books). Time we all moved on.

So Dortmund couldn’t even force themselves to pay £25m for him.

But…they never forgot his game. Right?

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Won't start more than 5 premier league games.

I think he'll do quite well as a rotated winger but continue to lack for goals and assists compared to overall performances. I'll say 22 starts 8 assists and 4 goals with £25 million being too low a fee.

He'll end up back with you if he and us really shit the bed!
Only if you finish below 14th though? The likelihood of that sounds minimal, unless FA decides this is the year to find out about all the shady financial crap your new ownership is pulling and drduct points

Every United fan hopes you will finish somewhere between 8th and 12th this season :)

He should have gone to Juve, the Premiership isn't for him.

Also very telling that Dortmund never came in for him given the sort of fee we were willing to accept.

Dortmund couldnt afford Maatsen either and he was one of their best players in the 2nd half of the season. They had a single signing for Sancho money Beier a 2nd striker, who with Guirassy will take over from the departing Fulkrug as a forward. They didnt sign a winger or a leftback although they loaned Couto who is a rightback, and maybe they'll have to use him as a leftback cover option.

Point is the little money they did have they spent on a couple of strikers. They didnt spend money on a winger or a leftback

So Dortmund couldn’t even force themselves to pay £25m for him.

But…they never forgot his game. Right?

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
They can’t afford his wages though and there is no way he takes a pay cut to go to Germany cause he plays there every week.

The fact that he still refers to himself as a young player at 24 years old says it all. Seventh season as a pro and probably halfway through his playing career.

I can't believe he's already 24. Chelsea doesn't seem the place for him to turn into the player we all hoped he'd be for us, but I wouldn't be shocked if he's a bit better there. Just because the bar is pathetically low with how shite he was here. Overall, glad we've washed our hands of him.

So what happened when he returned this summer, btw? I’ve just been watching some YouTube footage of his time at Dortmund and it looks like he balled out there. Dribbling players for fun, scoring a few goals etc.

I seem to recall there being a lot of positivity really early this summer from a lot of you and even Ten Hag. So why did things go south again?

So what happened when he returned this summer, btw? I’ve just been watching some YouTube footage of his time at Dortmund and it looks like he balled out there. Dribbling players for fun, scoring a few goals etc.

I seem to recall there being a lot of positivity really early this summer from a lot of you and even Ten Hag. So why did things go south again?
Nothing changed. It was a public front to engineer some kind of move to make both parties happy.

If something did change, it’ll have been a reality check making it clear that he is the lowest in the pecking order at United.

‘Balling’ out as a young hungry talent who was earning he way to bigger things is one thing, but clearly it was ruined by the idiotic moneybags United of old who handed him the second biggest outfield contract in the clubs history (if reports are to be believed) as his entry level contract here.

From what he has shown here at United, Sancho seems to want the lifestyle of a footballer but not the life of a footballer. He seems like one of those people who have a lot of natural talent and excels through it early on but fails to evolve and that same talent ends up being a crutch that he uses to tell himself he doesn't need to work hard and good things will just come naturally.

I'm glad he's gone and I won't have any regrets even if he does well at Chelsea because I'm sure that he wouldn't have done it at United. The pressure is too much, the criticism is ten fold whenever you feck up here and he can't take it.

He had a handful of good games. He did ball out anywhere.

:lol: Funny you say that, because he referred to himself as a young player in his Chelsea quotes:

I think in his head he's still that young kid still learning his trade and hasn't matured at all, which by the age of 24 he really should have!
There you go. Speaks volumes.

Just a question. Do you think Mudryk can eventually live up to his hype or it's just one of those failed promises kind of a thing. I am asking cuz all I ever hear from Chelsea fans is how bad he is.
I hate to disagree with Orc, but what worries me about just getting rid of Mudryk instead of loaning him is I get Mo Salah vibes: he was SO bad for us. He had to find his confidence in Italy and then…. We have watch him light it up at Liverpool.

It isn’t just practice Mudryk tears it up. He generally does so in the closed scrimmages as well. He is incredibly gifted physically and technically, and he presses and works like a mad man, but when he gets to those final moments he looks like someone in a dream that realizes they are naked at school. He’s overthinking things. He’s probably letting the constant mockery wear on him and it gets in his head “am I gonna mess something up people make fun of” every time he gets close.

He needs a loan. Somewhere away from his price tag, where he can just build confidence. As Maresca said “he needs fixing”

From an outside perspective just judging by preseason, he was among several players who started slow. Whereas for example Casemiro started playing well at the end, Sancho didnt take his chances. He looked happy to have a couple of dribbles at the rightback, may beat him and then end up doing nothing with that position and he had several chances to shoot which were all poor either weak at the keeper or over the bar.

So he's certainly coming in having had a poor preseason showing after doing well at Dortmund. But as I said before my prediction has him playing a fair bit and having a little more cutting edge than hes had here.

"Lot of positivity" is overstating it a tad. Got the impression the club/skipper made a point of saying in public the hatchet was buried but it had that empty calories quality (we get a lot of those in football).
I don't think whatever happened was ever mended, really. There was more patience the year before that when Sancho was shipped to get his own boot camp (in retrospect, maybe less benevolent than presented then) but the row last year about a fairly benign controversy was the point of no return. Curious if we'll ever get a post mortem but it feels Sancho's "attitude problems" were probably there for his whole presence here and the club never found a way to work them off or around them.

I've read that Chelsea are covering a large proportion of his wages, which implies he is still being paid the full amount. Not that there is much clarity on these types of deals nowadays. Do you have a source?
Yahoo sports, goal.com, espn … like everything?

He had to agree to “fit into the salary structure of the project” for this to even be a possibility. You can just google it.

All Chelsea related pictures on his social media accounts now he didn't do that for his return to United instead left the Dortmund stuff up.

I can understand that a bit though

He’s just played his last match there in a CL final and was a regular

At United the last few years he’s been either frozen out or putting in stinkers. Better a brief “so long” - and everyone knows he doesn’t like the manager