Israel - Iran and regional players | Please post respectfully and stay on topic

Doesn't Israel have ability to intercept all these missiles?
I may be talking nonsense but I think the Iron Dome is really effective against that home-made missiles from Gaza but a huge scale ballistic missile attacks is an entirely different matter.

From Israel and Netanyahu's perspective, what was the reason behind the massive escalation with Hezbollah that has now led to this? Was their really anything serious going on at the northern border beyond small skirmishes?

Seems to me they were close to wrapping up the Gaza situation (in their own twisted way), and now have a much larger conflict on their hands. Maybe I am missing something.

Jordan, Iraq and Iran closes its airspace.

Friend in IDF posted in whatsapp group that it the attack seems to be over.

ARD are also reporting that there has been a terror attack in Jaffa shortly before the rockets were fired.

Iran has fired hundreds of ballistic missiles, no coutry on earth has the ability to intercept all missiles in an attack of this scale.

A CSG can, an embedded Aegis-Ashore + Patriot/THAAD can, but yes, only US really can intercept this kind of attack.

Some unconfirmed reports that some missiles have reached the Netzarim Corridor in Gaza, the one separating the north from the south.

From Israel and Netanyahu's perspective, what was the reason behind the massive escalation with Hezbollah that has now led to this? Was their really anything serious going on at the northern border beyond small skirmishes?

Seems to me they were close to wrapping up the Gaza situation (in their own twisted way), and now have a much larger conflict on their hands. Maybe I am missing something.

Feeling emboldened by their success and complete support from the usa I guess.

Iran has fired hundreds of ballistic missiles, no coutry on earth has the ability to intercept all missiles in an attack of this scale.
Officials are just saying that they are shooting them all down and that only fragments are falling down on the ground.

You just know the war criminal Netanyahu is barking out orders from his bunker that they take out Khamenei.

Netanyahu's goal always was to expand the war not only for his own political reasons, but also because the circumstances have never been so auspicious to deal the Palestinians, Hezbollah and Iran once and for all.

This would give Israel a free reign to expand its territory over the years (Gaza's more or less gone, the West Bank is on the way and Southern Lebanon's next) and definitely assert itself as the regional hegemon.

They've been trying to goad Iran for almost a year. First the bombing of the Iran Embassy in Syria, then the assassination of Haniyeh, then Nasrallah's and the current Lebanon war. There was no way Iran would let it slide, no matter the consequences.

People referring to Iron Dome is starting really grate me.

"But why didn't the fly swatter work against the honey badger!"

What kind of missiles are this? I know shit about weapons but i thought that explosions are much bigger when rocket hit something (compared to basic cannon shells for example).

A CSG can, an embedded Aegis-Ashore + Patriot/THAAD can, but yes, only US really can intercept this kind of attack.
From what I'm reading it's 300+ missiles. Can a CSG really get that many SM-3/SM-6 missiles in air in that short of a time window to intercept all incoming missiles?

Iran had absolutely no choice. Israel is absolutely bent on a war no matter what they do.

It banked on appeasement and look at how it turned out.

They just couldn't let Hezbollah go down without any kind of response. That's their whole strategy in the region going out the window.

And you can bet on them now trying to get nukes by any means necessary.

No choice?

From what I've heard, no real damage done in terms of casualties.

But that just exemplifies the asymmetrical nature of this. Israelis have the luxury of bunkers and being able to fly out to their jollies or first/second nations. The people of Gaza and Lebanon have no such protection beyond a prayer. Existential threat my arse.