Israel - Iran and regional players | Please post respectfully and stay on topic

Racism, zionism doesn't explain the strategic stupidity to piss off the World even more.

This serves nothing more than base cruelty for the sake of it.

i agree that it could be stupid, but if you look at the history of israel, and especially how they see themselves, it is a tiny nation, the survivors of the genocide, against the world, and which has an almost unbroken streak of 80 years of wins against that world.
going by precedent, there's no reason for them to ever think that escalation is a bad strategy.

Racism, zionism doesn't explain the strategic stupidity to piss off the World even more.

This serves nothing more than base cruelty for the sake of it.

The UNIFIL stands in their way and they don't want witnesses on the ground. Israel can't really bomb them, so it resorts to its usual mob tactics to intimidate them and get them out.

As for pissing off the world even more, as long as the US, the UK and Germany are fully behind them there will be zero consequences. I'm personally certain that the US has green-lighted whatever Israel is planning to do there.

Behind the scenes, Hochstein, McGurk and other top U.S. national security officials are describing Israel’s Lebanon operations as a history-defining moment — one that will reshape the Middle East for the better for years to come.

Literally seems like they are just kind of drunk with power, and want to see how far they can take it. Nothing has stopped them so far, so they continue to push the boundaries. With a demented Zionist in the White House, they are not likely to hit that wall anytime soon. Netanyahu has already run circles around Biden.

What would help is not making things up. The scenario “I created” proved to be a viable and discussed option amongs IRGC proxies (not a fantasy). For various reason it didnt happen (luckily).

So you were not using it as a justification for what's happening in Lebanon?

The scenario you created involved simaltaneous attacks from Hamas in the south. Hamas and other armed groups in the east in the West Bank. Iran and Iraqi militias even further east. Hezbollah in the north. Syrian militias even further north. And the Houthis from the south.

That.....didn't happen.

If we take that article as gospel, Hamas offered the chance to do this simaltaneous attack, with Iran at least (who we assume would be able to communicate with those other proxies)....and they said no.

So what exactly was your point?

Low heat combustion WP rounds usually used for Armoured Vehicle screening...

Why the feck would you fire this on a UN peacekeeper base....

There's only one country that matters and it will rabidly support Israel almost without question.

As for the reason, I assume it's to make it all harder to figure out what they're actually doing there.

That can't be real. That guy is at least 3 decades too old to be in the Israeli army.

Twitter is such a disgusting cesspit of everyone hurling the most fecked up comments.

I'm not seeing this from reliable sources so I would wait.

Who’d be a peacekeeper? Jesus, what a task. I wish I had that level of bravery and goodwill to humanity

Another day more mass murder disguised as a heroic effort to rid the world of terrorism (irony) and make the Middle East a place of joy and harmony and a region without conflict and nothing but love.

What a fecking joke.

UN: Among 22 killed in Israeli strike in northern Lebanon were 12 women and two children

But they all had Ak-47's and mini guns from their bedroom windows. They were all trained drone pilots and had drones on the roof ready to fly over Israel and drop dirty bombs all over the place.

Those pesky women and children, can't trust em.

now that Lebanese christians are being slaughtered (what other word can their be when its not just bombs being dropped, but artillery and drone strikes on remote villages) wonder if the US evangelical christian groups will take notice. Also the right wing twatterati in the UK who often point to attacks on christians in places like Egypt, will they comment?

now that Lebanese christians are being slaughtered (what other word can their be when its not just bombs being dropped, but artillery and drone strikes on remote villages) wonder if the US evangelical christian groups will take notice. Also the right wing twatterati in the UK who often point to attacks on christians in places like Egypt, will they comment?
Why would they? They're brown people.

I don't even have to open the link to know the replies are just a long line of complete contemp for this thick bastard and his lies.

No one is buying this shit anymore and yet they will keep selling it because they have nothing else. Inert failures as politicians and as people. They deserve to recieve torrents of scorn wherever they move.

What do you mean now? There were reports in the first week of towns with a 100% Lebanese Christian population being hit by air strikes and missiles.

Nothing was said and done then and it's continued since. The fact media reporting on this is being kept quiet is no surprise. Just look at how many times the media, be it mainstream or social media sites have been quoted in this thread and the Palestine thread for the incredibly biased reporting or even false reports and especially for events that don't get reported at all aside from a Tweet from an independent journalist that suddenly turns up dead a day or so later.

It's the same in Lebanon and has been since October 7th last yearr where Israel are systematically killing journalists in Gaza, The West Bank and Lebanon. Multiple news agencies including Al Jazeera and Reuters have made complaints and written reports of this and multiple agencies and world organisations have strongly condemned Israel for this too. It's widely reported that the last year long conflict has been the deadliest conflict for journalists since records began.

I wonder why Israel are targeting them :confused:

Can't believe anyone in the arab world still takes the Americans at their word.

The same thing they did in Gaza, going after civil employees to ensure maximum chaos. Their terrorist ways never change.

This was almost one year ago. If nobody gave a shit then, they won't give a shit now.

(that's a former U.S. congressman)

They just killed the mayor of a town in Lebanon. Fecking ridiculous that they'll still get away with it.

They can do what they like. It's only until the general public of the western countries put pressure on the Governments will anything actually change.