Israel - Iran and regional players | Please post respectfully and stay on topic

The eight IDF soldiers killed were between 21 to 23, and the conscription age is 18. So they weren't some kids who were just enlisted. They had plenty of experience and training.

They were hardly evil. They probably believed in the caused they were sent to Lebanon for, but it's hard not to when you grow up here and also after several years in the military. Those are very young people who lost their lives, before really getting a chance to live them, joining countless others in the past year.
They’re invading another sovereign nation after bombing and terrorising that same nation in the weeks previous. That’s plain evil.

Mainly next to the planes on the right, like I say, I'm extremely far from being an expert.

Those aren’t scorch marks, far too consistent.

Looks more like a shadow.

I’m still trying to work out mind you how destroying a building and the top of a hangar bay means Israeli air defense is now compromised.

I hate twitter so much when it comes to this.

I’m still trying to work out mind you how destroying a building and the top of a hangar bay means Israeli air defense is now compromised.

I've heard they have a dome made of iron. Will be hard to penetrate, no matter what they throw at it.

I've heard they have a dome made of iron. Will be hard to penetrate, no matter what they throw at it.
angry-face-looking-computer-vector-600nw-2027016299.jpg

You're probably not wrong here but it's a shame this sort of nuance is only ever allowed to be used for Israelis. I think you could say the exact same thing about Hamas and Hezbollah members.

In many ways, it's not that much different...

Ehud Barak, the former chief of staff of the IDF and former PM, once said that had he been a Palestenian, he probably also would have turned into a terrorist (or freedrom fighter, each would use a different term).

Yeah if you watch a doc about him through the years there is zero doubt in my mind he was directly involved with the assassination of Rabin.

I really want this not to be true, but I’ve a horrible feeling you’re right. At the very least he fanned the flames.

Oh, he ABSOLUTELY fanned the flames.

Was he directly involved in the assassination? No, and I don't believe he thought his actions would lead to that. Israel did not have any history with political murders.

I don't think Netanyahu of 1995 would have repeated his actions had he known how it would end. Unfortunately, the Netanyahu of 2024 would, and would not care about the consequence.

28 health workers killed in last 24 hours, WHO reportspublished at 15:30 British Summer Time
15:30 BST​

Twenty-eight health workers in Lebanon have been killed in the last 24 hours, the World Health Organization (WHO) reports.

WHO chief Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus told a news conference that many health workers are also "not reporting to duty as they fled the areas where they work due to bombardment".

Plans to deliver a large shipment of trauma and medical supplies to Lebanon will not be able to go ahead on Friday due to flight restrictions over the country, he added.

Where have we seen this story before?

It does look like shadow but there is nothing to cast the shadow.

They dont care about human life. They care about the retaliation. If 10 missiles would fall in a densely populated area killing 50 civilians, israel would flaten a couple or iranian areas (they might still do)

Iran regime is not as cruel as israelian regime because they cant
I agree, which feeds into my next point that Bibi claiming Iran wants a war is pure none sense.

It does look like shadow but there is nothing to cast the shadow.

Pallets or mobile generators or even, given the consistency of where the "shadows" are, step ladders. Especially since there are 2 each side and one in the middle, indicating some tooling for loading hardpoints + one for the plane itself.

8a158870-1cb3-40a8-acb0-d544757d6b4a_w1080_h608_s.jpg

0598eae405df45889780fcee60dc5e53.jpg

Anyway, we know it isn't aircraft being hit because its very obvious and different, this is what splat aircraft looks like

03-closer-view-of-destroyed-mig31-fighter-aircraft-belbek-airbase-crimea-ukraine-16may2024-wv3.jpg

62f4e1695b790400198af112

I agree, which feeds into my next point that Bibi claiming Iran wants a war is pure none sense.

Schrödingers Iran, they're both an existential threat that hates Israel whilst also being no threat to Israel according to Netanyahu.

If Iran and all it's so called proxies are failing to land a significant punch on Israel in the current circumstances it's laughable to hear the existential threat claim from them.

The unspoken bit is a nuclear Iran is an unacceptable threat to Israel and the US. How do they get to the point of justifying an attack to remove that threat I wonder.....

Pallets or mobile generators or even, given the consistency of where the "shadows" are, step ladders. Especially since there are 2 each side and one in the middle, indicating some tooling for loading hardpoints + one for the plane itself.

8a158870-1cb3-40a8-acb0-d544757d6b4a_w1080_h608_s.jpg

0598eae405df45889780fcee60dc5e53.jpg

Anyway, we know it isn't aircraft being hit because its very obvious and different, this is what splat aircraft looks like

03-closer-view-of-destroyed-mig31-fighter-aircraft-belbek-airbase-crimea-ukraine-16may2024-wv3.jpg

62f4e1695b790400198af112
Cool, thanks for the reply .

We're all opposed to the Shia regime but trust us we're completely neutral.
I mean that may very well still be the sentiment, but I do feel as if sectarian strifes between nations have dialled down a bit. With the foundation of global organisation like BRICS, the emergence of the global south, coupled to various regional moves like the Saudis pulling out of Yemen, and engaging in diplomatic relations once again with Iran courtesy of Chinese mediation, I feel like the US and by proxy Israel will have less luck attempting to impose its regional hegemony via exploiting sectarian fears. Heck the Gulf States have pretty much normalised relations with the Assad regime.

That and they realise their citizens are vehemently sympathetic to the Palestinian cause, so don't want to risk any sort of large scale domestic dissent if they were to appear directly aiding the Israeli war machine.

Israel’s political vocabulary is very unique…. Misunderstanding” isn’t what I’d call it.

They know they can do pretty much anything they want and still retain Americas support. Like a spoiled child, they have become accustomed to being let off and just keep pushing the boundary further and further.

I mean that may very well still be the sentiment, but I do feel as if sectarian strifes between nations have dialled down a bit. With the foundation of global organisation like BRICS, the emergence of the global south, coupled to various regional moves like the Saudis pulling out of Yemen, and engaging in diplomatic relations once again with Iran courtesy of Chinese mediation, I feel like the US and by proxy Israel will have less luck attempting to impose its regional hegemony via exploiting sectarian fears. Heck the Gulf States have pretty much normalised relations with the Assad regime.

That and they realise their citizens are vehemently sympathetic to the Palestinian cause, so don't want to risk any sort of large scale domestic dissent if they were to appear directly aiding the Israeli war machine.

Yep, pretty much this.

The ol divide and conquer approach of exploiting sectarianism isn't going to work as effectively anymore for Uncle Sam and their colonial partners unfortunately for them. And it appears Israel's genocidal exploits have now pretty much killed off any prospect of normalisation with the gulf states, all the while making the US look like a non-credible and hypocritical bulwark of democracy and human rights, and a weak one thats seemingly incapable of reeling in one of its allies hellbent on murdering thousands of civilians.

I live in the Gulf. This hasn’t been a thing for decades. Nobody cares about sectarianism.
You both being more closer to the middle east than me means I defer to you. I hope you're right guys.

Yep, pretty much this.

The ol divide and conquer approach of exploiting sectarianism isn't going to work as effectively anymore for Uncle Sam and their colonial partners unfortunately for them. And it appears Israel's genocidal exploits have now pretty much killed off any prospect of normalisation with the gulf states, all the while making the US look like a non-credible and hypocritical bulwark of democracy and human rights, and a weak one thats seemingly incapable of reeling in one of its allies hellbent on murdering thousands of civilians.
The leaders of the gulf care about one thing and one thing only. Their ability to stay in power. They move back and forth with the wind between Iran being the threat and their own populations. This just means that right now at this current period of time they see the dissent that will be caused from being seen by their populations as 'helping Israel' more of a direct threat to their power than Iran.

If this all blows over and people go back to pre October 7th the threat will be Iran again.

Oil price rise comes at a critical point
The price of oil has jumped 5% after US President Joe Biden said the US was discussing possible strikes by Israel on Iran’s oil industry. Asked on a visit if he would support Israel striking Iran’s oil facilities, Biden said: “We’re discussing that."

Iran is the seventh largest oil producer in the world, exporting around half its production abroad, mainly to China. Since Iran’s missile attack on Israel on Monday, the price of benchmark Brent crude oil has risen 10% to $77 a barrel, although this remains below levels seen earlier this year.
https://www.bbc.com/news/articles/cx250ygn9ddo

The leaders of the gulf care about one thing and one thing only. Their ability to stay in power. They move back and forth with the wind between Iran being the threat and their own populations. This just means that right now at this current period of time they see the dissent that will be caused from being seen by their populations as 'helping Israel' more of a direct threat to their power than Iran.

If this all blows over and people go back to pre October 7th the threat will be Iran again.

The Saudi-Iranian normalisation happened more than 6 months before October 7.