Graham Potter | turns down Ajax job

I don't think he'll survive this. There's some decent alternatives available at the moment so I expect they'll be tempted. Only thing is I think their squad still needs work/players back. They need a CF or wingers to play off Felix that can score goals.

Crazy that he can't get a tune out of these but he did with a worse Brighton team. Maybe in time he would but I don't think he'll be given time.

They are doing fine without him.

Every manager deserves to get at least 3 years. Hope Chelsea give him that.

So he'll get a pile of cash. Where will he go next? Poch for Chelsea - would be fun. Hope Enrique is not tempted by them in the slightest.

Let's put it this way, he isn't going to win Manager of year award.

I don't think he'll survive this. There's some decent alternatives available at the moment so I expect they'll be tempted. Only thing is I think their squad still needs work/players back. They need a CF or wingers to play off Felix that can score goals.

Crazy that he can't get a tune out of these but he did with a worse Brighton team. Maybe in time he would but I don't think he'll be given time.

It's madness how much they have spent and the squad still needs more work.

The owners are as much to blame as Potter. Massive bloated squad but missing a goal scorer. Auba the only experienced one and been cut seemingly.

Fair to say any investors going to think twice about buying a team after watching the Clearlake disaster unfold.

Not an ideal situation for him with new owners and chaotic spending. Nevertheless yet another example that a manager doing well with a mid table club doesn’t mean he would also do well at a big club with better players and more resources.

Just a horrible fit for that club.

If you're just going to spaff hundreds of millions on whoever the owner fancies, you need an Ancelotti-type man manager to make it work. Potter might still be a top manager for another side, but I can't see it being Chelsea.

Managing a smaller club is different to managing a big club. Never know how they'll handle a big club even if they play good football at a smaller side. At the same time, he's still new and all that. But i don't think he's good enough regardless. Brighton doing better without him too kind of adds to Potter maybe just being nothing special?

He's obviously out of his depth, but I'm glad they're too proud to admit they made a mistake hiring him.

Can they even afford to sack him? A 5 year deal on £10m a year, which is what he is reported to be on, would cost them £50m to pay off in full including wages already earned this year. Whack on the £20m compensation they paid Brighton for him and you’re looking at £70m burnt for 6 months

2 wins in 15, no manager comes back from that surely. I reckon Poch will be their manager within two weeks.

The owners are as much to blame as Potter. Massive bloated squad but missing a goal scorer. Auba the only experienced one and been cut seemingly.

Fair to say any investors going to think twice about buying a team after watching the Clearlake disaster unfold.
We are playing the Burnley striker mate. It's much more then lacking an elite striker for Chelsea. They are poorly coached and all the zilions in the World are not going to change that.

He’s doing a truly terrible job. His reputation will be done for good if he doesn’t turn it around.

Is he not a record transfer for a manager and paid a buck load ?

Keep the good work Graham !

I don't see how this particular situation would deter investors from a potentially massive cash cow (football club)? If this has done anything its hammered home the point that just because you dish out the dosh on these lavish transfers it in no way shape or form guarantees points in the bag. The spending has been absolutely wreckless at Chelsea this season.

They're as big of a shambles as us when Woodward was CEO. Throwing money around willy nilly without any thought or direction

He'll be a rich man and have no shortage of suitors from mid table clubs come summer. Reckon Poch would do well with this squad, but if Chelsea want a shot at CL qualification they'll probably act soon..

"Why did you buy so many players, Mr Boehly?" - " I didn't know you could only play eleven at a time."

He won three league games out of 25 last season. Only the beginning and end made him look much better than he actually is. So far out of his depth.

Do managerial payoffs count towards ffp? Can they sack him slowly over 8 years?

Potter is a brilliant manager and will find his feet again. This was too big a jump too soon for him.