Golden Ball nominees

Blackwidow

Brazuca at twitter just tells who is nominated for the golden ball. Angel di Maria and Hummels were the first ones. Now Toni Kroos. Do not know how many will follow.

https://twitter.com/brazuca

BsSCdlQCAAAPrMP.jpg:large

Last edited:
10 I believe

Hummels
Lahm
Kroos
Di Maria

Muller
Neuer
JRod
Messi
Robben
RVP

I'd guess.

Now Müller

I hope on Rodriguez, Robben, Neuer and maybe Neymar for the host next.

You do wonder about the credentials of a FIFA technical committee that voted Di Maria - as good a player as he is - onto a shortlist for player of the tournament.

You do wonder about the credentials of a FIFA technical committee that voted Di Maria - as good a player as he is - onto a shortlist for player of the tournament.

Thought the same. Di maria is an fantastic player, but during the tournament he convinced me in just 1 game.

Robben is #9 on the list. Rodriguez is #10

Neuer is missing...
And they had a tweet with Lahm's picture - but then it was gone again.

Angel di Maria and Lahm are for me the ones I would not have mentioned. Neymar maybe should not be there either but that is courtesy to the host.

Neuer instead of Lahm and someone else (maybe a french player like Valbuena or Benzema?) instead of Di Maria - then it would be perfect.

Hummels for me. Even though defenders never get rated. Sad stuff btw.

edit: Have Lahm been forgotten again? :lol: He's in the list but he didn't get introduced. Exactly the same happened when EA introduced the top 50 players of WCFUT.

Di maria,lahm and neymar must not be there in the list.

GOLDEN BALL NOMINEES:
DI MARIA, HUMMELS, KROOS, LAHM, MASCHERANO
MESSI, MULLER, NEYMAR, ROBBEN, RODRIGUEZ
BEST YOUNG PLAYER NOMINEES:
DEPAY, POGBA, VARANE
GOLDEN GLOVE NOMINEES:
NAVAS, ROMERO, NEUER
WORLD CUP FINAL REFEREE:
NICOLA RIZZOLI

4 of the 10 nominees are bayern academy prospects. we should send our youth training staffs over there for some weeks.

Di Maria on the list is so stupid. But then it is FIFA, so stupid decisions are always present.

There have been many good players but no player has really stood out among the rest and would be an obvious winner. Although if argentina win it will definitely go to messi. Even if argentina lose but messi scores I still think he will win it. If Germany win and muller gets a goal then I feel it will be him. The way fifa rank players is weird. Di maria should not be there and robben 9th and rodriguez 10th is absurd.

There have been many good players but no player has really stood out among the rest and would be an obvious winner. Although if argentina win it will definitely go to messi. Even if argentina lose but messi scores I still think he will win it. If Germany win and muller gets a goal then I feel it will be him. The way fifa rank players is weird. Di maria should not be there and robben 9th and rodriguez 10th is absurd.

Agree with this. It makes no sense, they might aswell just pick names out a hat. Mugs!

They're 9th and 10th because it's in alphabetical order ;)

Why Di Maria??? I don't think he was that good except in one or two games.It was merely his performance against Swiss that intrigued FIFA i guess.

Personally,I reckon it has to be between Messi,Muller,Kroos,Rodriguez and Robben.Though,I admire Hummels.He was Fab in the last two games.
K.Navas clearly a stand out performer.
Depay edges a bit over Varane/Pogba.

Regarding of position Hummels is the winner. Hes the best defender I saw at world Cup

Goalkeeper nominees:

Navas, Neuer, Romero

Last edited:
Neuer instead of Lahm and someone else (maybe a french player like Valbuena or Benzema?) instead of Di Maria - then it would be perfect.
Yeah this sounds reasonable. French players is a good shout, or a Colombian. Yepes? Cuadrado probably ruined his chances with his quarter final display.

What has Neymar done this World Cup to warrant a place on this list? Vastly overrated imo, and just another example of the massive FIFA/Brazil love-in.

It's ridiculous, he should be on the list of most disappointing players of this World Cup.

What has Neymar done this World Cup to warrant a place on this list? Vastly overrated imo, and just another example of the massive FIFA/Brazil love-in.

Courtesy to the host I guess. And I think that there are 6 or 7 players that really have to be on the list - and some are just an addition. E.g. Lahm this time has not been a standout.

And I guess there has to be a player of each semi finalist in it. So it was the choice between Neymar and Thiago Silva - and usually the offensive player wins...

4 of the 10 nominees are bayern academy prospects. we should send our youth training staffs over there for some weeks.

I think the actual quality of the players (= the youth system) has less to do with the criteria of these awards than simply which team gets furthest and who "looked" worthy. FIFA awards rarely made me go "Oh yeah, that sounds right".

Di Maria has no business in the shortlist. It'll be interesting to see who wins it, because there's no player who really stands out. James Rodriguez has consistently shown, but going out in quarter-finals will have a say.

In the end it should win a player, that played in the final; only if a player from another team was way way way better, he should win it. J. Rodrigues and Neymar both missed the two most important rounds. Robben wasnt decisive enough against Argentina and is missing the final as well.
Lahm and Kroos werent the best german players and neither was DiMaria for Argentina.
It should be between Hummels, Müller, Messi and Mascherano.
When Argentina wins, Messi will win the golden ball and thats reasonable. If Germany wins either Müller or Hummels should win it. Both would deserve it equally.

In the end it should win a player, that played in the final; only if a player from another team was way way way better, he should win it. J. Rodrigues and Neymar both missed the two most important rounds. Robben wasnt decisive enough against Argentina and is missing the final as well.
Lahm and Kroos werent the best german players and neither was DiMaria for Argentina.
It should be between Hummels, Müller, Messi and Mascherano.
When Argentina wins, Messi will win the golden ball and thats reasonable. If Germany wins either Müller or Hummels should win it. Both would deserve it equally.
I'm pretty sure it's decided before the final though.