Gaming Ghost of Yōtei

SilentWitness

Has a Dutch member.
Staff
Supports
Everton

I was late to the party with Tsushima but it was one of my favourite games I've played recently on Playstation and a good platinum/DLC.

This looks absolutely gorgeous and after watching Blue Eye Samurai I'm excited to see the dynamics of a female protagonist!

Usually non-gameplay focused trailers don't do much for me, but this is how to do them. That shot of the Mount Yotei just after the Sucker Punch logo at 1:49 is magnificent.

Apparently set some 300-400 years after the first. I don't mind going with a different protagonist, Jin was voiced well but not all that interesting as a character. And I've always been interested in finding out more about Hokkaido, so the setting works perfectly for me.

If it builds on the excellent gameplay foundations of the first game and delivers a more compelling tale, this could be great.

So excited for this. Enjoyed GoT on launch but truly loved it when I played it on PS5. The combat is just wonderful.

Good decision to go with a new story too. Jin was good but between the base game and the expansion I thought his story ran its course.

Usually non-gameplay focused trailers don't do much for me, but this is how to do them. That shot of the Mount Yotei just after the Sucker Punch logo at 1:49 is magnificent.

Apparently set some 300-400 years after the first. I don't mind going with a different protagonist, Jin was voiced well but not all that interesting as a character. And I've always been interested in finding out more about Hokkaido, so the setting works perfectly for me.

If it builds on the excellent gameplay foundations of the first game and delivers a more compelling tale, this could be great.
Yeah I agree. Jin was a safe character in that while he was definitely well voiced, likeable and looked the part, he also lacked a bit of personality to go beyond.

For example, Geralt was essentially the perfect stoic / quiet / serious protagonist because despite having such a demeanour, he expresses so much wit, aggression, etc within the words he does speak. Whereas Jin also had the traits but without that personality that Geralt. Of course I’m not expecting SP to suddenly write one of the best portages it’s ever but in this case, I think change is good.

And yes that ode Geralt was a bit much :lol:

I loved the combat and world of the first game, and the way you explored the world, but the story was dull, Jin was crap, and I hated all the Ubisoft fetchy follow this crap. Definitely something to build on, though.

Loved the first game, did everything and got the platinum even if it was a bit of a drag doing some of the open world stuff, it helped that the world was so bloody pretty.

Can’t wait to play this, and think it’ll scratch that Blue Eye Samurai itch waiting for season two.

Really excited for this. I must have played GoT 3/4 times - I just never got bored of it.

I'll be interested to see what's actually different this time around. Changing the protagonist kind of gives them license to just do practically the same story over again, which I hope they avoid.

It looks great, even better news is them making it for PS5 only by the looks of it, none of the last gen holding it back.

I dont care about the protagonist I'd just like them to cut down the bloatware. I can already see the map having 100 wolf dens to find.

Love this. First game was weird in that it was great yet I barely finished more than half of it. Played it when it came out and then recently on ps5, both times stopped mid way through the 2nd island. Bit too many assassin's creed style quests as someone else said. But the combat and visuals were amazing, and I loved the online mode too.

Love this. First game was weird in that it was great yet I barely finished more than half of it. Played it when it came out and then recently on ps5, both times stopped mid way through the 2nd island. Bit too many assassin's creed style quests as someone else said. But the combat and visuals were amazing, and I loved the online mode too.
It'll be interesting to see if they're going to continue the online mode. For the first game, I was already done with it by the time Legends became available, so it was hard to jump in again. If they'd include it from the start this time, I could see myself trying more of it. That's the sort of online modes I want from Sony, not a game that is built from the ground up as a live service, but one that uses excellent single player foundations to build on.

I dont care about the protagonist I'd just like them to cut down the bloatware. I can already see the map having 100 wolf dens to find.
Good thing about the first game was that it was all optional

The main thing to improve on imo is the writing / dialogue.

Seeing games like this are making me hate my long-term Xbox affinity more and more:annoyed: . I managed to pick up a ps4 for peanuts a few years ago just to play the exclusives like GoT and Horizon, but now this will only be PS5 I am gutted.

The outrage has already begun. At least that’s what what my feeds indicate. Lead character is a woman and the actress who plays her has liberal progressive views. Horrific combo.

The outrage has already begun. At least that’s what what my feeds indicate. Lead character is a woman and the actress who plays her has liberal progressive views. Horrific combo.
It's a shame that Blue Eye Samurai pulled that story move first because it would've been a cool twist if you were 10 or so hours into the game and then you find out you're playing as a woman.

That frothing internet rage would've been great.

The outrage will probably die down once they announce they're keeping the hot spring scenes as they are.

"Bloody wimen boo!"
"Naked wimen hooray!"

It's a shame that Blue Eye Samurai pulled that story move first because it would've been a cool twist if you were 10 or so hours into the game and then you find out you're playing as a woman.

That frothing internet rage would've been great.
Can you imagine the Samus Aran reveal at the end of the first Metroid game happening today? Those poor incels would probably never recover.

Some of the best games I've played the main character has been a woman, tomb raider, horizon, the last of us, and I played a couple of the assassins creeds as the women.