Gaming Football Manager 2024

Chipper

Adulterer.
Slight moral dilemma here even though it's only a game. My PC froze this morning just after we'd lost the CL final and having completed a domestic treble.

Got to go back and replay the FA Cup final, the 2nd leg of the CL semi, and from the point the league table looked like this:

Winning the league again will be no problem. Should be able to replicate at least making the CL final as we're 3-0 up from the first leg with a visit to the Etihad looming. Originally drew that 2nd leg 1-1.

Would feel like savescumming if we did the quad, but I don't like the thought of possible having to replay the 2 cup finals a few times to emulate what happened if it came to that either. Can't be arsed.

Think I'll just replay everything once and take whatever happens, even if we lose both cups.
Right, about to play the FA Cup final again.

I don't know what's happened but my player recovery rates have dropped off massively, similar to when you're managing a national team in the world cup/euros etc. I noticed that first time around. It's to the degree where it doesn't seem normal, players barely being fit enough to play again with 1 week of no matches.

Previously I played my best XI in the FA Cup final (Wednesday) and then had to rotate a lot for the CL final (Saturday). I'm going to play a completely rotated first XI in the FA Cup this time instead. Only won 1-0 in the FA Cup vs Spurs on the first go so I could well lose this and then who knows when it comes to the CL final (Barcelona).

Chipper

Adulterer.
So the second XI did better than the first XI in the FA Cup final, winning 4-1 instead of 1-0.

No idea what's going on with player fitness though. Had some players not being able to start the CL final with 10 days rest on around 85% fitness. Had to switch to our secondary formation of 4-3-3 instead of the the usual 4-2-4 as we had more midfielders fit than wingers/forwards.

Lost to Barcelona again 2-1, exactly the same as the first try before the game crashed so no feeling like it was savescumming.

Domestic treble plus European Super Cup, I'll take it!

Flying Fox

So the second XI did better than the first XI in the FA Cup final, winning 4-1 instead of 1-0.

No idea what's going on with player fitness though. Had some players not being able to start the CL final with 10 days rest on around 85% fitness. Had to switch to our secondary formation of 4-3-3 instead of the the usual 4-2-4 as we had more midfielders fit than wingers/forwards.

Lost to Barcelona again 2-1, exactly the same as the first try before the game crashed so no feeling like it was savescumming.

Domestic treble plus European Super Cup, I'll take it!

I've found that as well, even when rotating well, the odd player will still decline in fitness far too quickly.

Still, a very good effort!

About to begin my second season with FFK in Norway. My DoF spreading the cash around like no ones business. Pivk of the bunch so far might be Simen Hestnes or Niklas Castro

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Started another Journeyman save.

Started off by getting the job at Orebro SK in the Swedish First division. Finished 4th. Another season. Finished 1st. Finished 7th in our first season in the Swedish Premier Division.

Left and took the IF Brommapojkarna job. Won Swedish Premier Division. Left.

Joined AaB in Danish Superliga. Finished 5th in first season. Just won the cup and league double in the second season and got to the QF of the ECL. Will try see if I can do another league and european adventure and then move on again.

Zebs

Clare Baldings Daughter plays too much Wordscapes
Well, the island-of-Ireland-eligible-only Shamrock Rovers are English Premier League and Champions League double winners in just their third year in the country's top division. My first crop of academy graduates all hit 20 years old this season and, with three years of regular first-team football behind them, they all reached the upper echelons of their ability, leaving us with a team of eight regens plus Jobe Bellingham, Liam Delap and Evan Ferguson. Alas, Bellingham was capped by England in the March of the most recent season so I'll have to sell him now. The bench featured a number of real-life players including Andrew Moran, Jamie Donley, Conor Coventry, Liam Scales and Gavin Kilkenny.

It's 2029 so I've just missed out on qualifying for this year's World Club Championship, and I'm not sure if I have it in me to play another four seasons so that I can complete a sweep of all the trophies available from League Two onwards. I still need the Europa Conference League and the FA Cup to properly fill the cabinet. I was offered the Ireland job in my second season and took it on top of the Rovers job but decided that was too much effort and resigned a day later, so I'm not sure the FAI are going to come knocking any time soon, as much as I'd love to lead a team of what are essentially all my own players to international glory.

I haven't done a starting out unemployed with minimal reputation save before so I think that might be my last save before I start thinking about FM25.

Chipper

Adulterer.
Tried doing the silly Peterborough United save only using players called Peter, Pedro, Pierre, Pietro etc. but as soon as I started trawling through potential players to sign it instantly bored me. Sounded fun on paper but the reality was very different. Didn't even play a single friendly match before abandoning that.

I asked reddit a couple of weeks ago about ideas for saves featuring players from certain nationalities. Received a suggestion of Bellinzona or Lugano from the Italian-speaking region of Switzerland with a focus on buying Italian players supplemented with Swiss players. The other idea that came through was SFC Opava (Czech 2nd tier) from the historical region of Silesia that incorporates parts of modern-day Czech Republic, Poland and Germany and to only use players from those nations. Might do one of those if nothing else takes my fancy.

Kind of liking my own idea of Turkgucu Munchen as well, a Turkish diaspora club in Germany, signing the obvious kind of players for that team too when it comes to nationality.

Flying Fox

Tried doing the silly Peterborough United save only using players called Peter, Pedro, Pierre, Pietro etc. but as soon as I started trawling through potential players to sign it instantly bored me. Sounded fun on paper but the reality was very different. Didn't even play a single friendly match before abandoning that.

I asked reddit a couple of weeks ago about ideas for saves featuring players from certain nationalities. Received a suggestion of Bellinzona or Lugano from the Italian-speaking region of Switzerland with a focus on buying Italian players supplemented with Swiss players. The other idea that came through was SFC Opava (Czech 2nd tier) from the historical region of Silesia that incorporates parts of modern-day Czech Republic, Poland and Germany and to only use players from those nations. Might do one of those if nothing else takes my fancy.

Kind of liking my own idea of Turkgucu Munchen as well, a Turkish diaspora club in Germany, signing the obvious kind of players for that team too when it comes to nationality.
There's also clubs like Sudtirol, Victor San Marino, Syrianska.

Clayts did a good one on fm23, fc Melilla in Spain, but only African players

Chipper

Adulterer.
There's also clubs like Sudtirol, Victor San Marino, Syrianska.

Clayts did a good one on fm23, fc Melilla in Spain, but only African players
Cheers! Certainly food for thought, I'll look into those clubs. Taking a little break from the game for a few days, gone way back in time to play the very first Assasin's Creed game the past couple of days as I'd never played it before. Was feeling a bit FM'ed out, but I'm sure I'll get the bug again very soon.

Flying Fox

into the third season at Frederikstad. 2024 ended up like this. Was in the mixer for the title with three games to go, but dropped points where I shouldn't have. Still, European football is a plus.

Having to do a bit of wage shedding at the moment, as I'm quite deep in the red. Going homegrown/Norwegian only this season has helped bring it down a lot, but my stupid DoF brought in a 31 yo RB on 3800 eur/week, just over 9% of my total wage bill!