FAO Tottenham Hotspur | Fighting Cock Goes Into Meltdown | Glast...gone

Johnson, Maddison and Solanke do not look like players that are at the level they want to be and with Son looking on the downwide slide I'm not sure where their goals will come from.
Kulusevski as well. He started well for Spurs but his output isn't anything special.

110m for Brennan Johnson and Solanke. Yikes.
Yeah the £50m for Johnson goes under the radar but that was a ridiculous fee to pay for an average player. Solanke isn’t going to be good enough either to push the forward in their development.

Johnson, Maddison and Solanke do not look like players that are at the level they want to be and with Son looking on the downwide slide I'm not sure where their goals will come from.
Exactly! Add Richarlison, Odobert and the useless Werner to the list. And they spent a fortune signing all those players. Should have used the funds to target 3 elite level players

I don't agree with that. They're all good players who happened to be at lesser clubs at the time.

Maddison is quality but prone to injury, Solanke was bought at an inflated price but will come good given time. Johnson I feel has been misused - he looked great at Forest. I'd take any of them.

But Spurs are gonna Spurs whoever they sign. That's the rules.

Timo Werner is a joke of a player. How the guy is a professional footballer amazes me. Not sure who the bigger flop and donkey is - Havertz or Wener

Arsenal now have more wins at the Tottenham Stadium in just five years (3) than Spurs have at the Emirates in 18 years (2).

Romero retweeting a journalist about Spurs not taking care of his return flight from the Argentina game. Johnson desactivating his social media account because of the abuse.Ange Mate getting mocked for his lack of preparation and doubling down on his trophy winning.

They are not taking this defeat very well :angel:

I don't agree with that. They're all good players who happened to be at lesser clubs at the time.

Maddison is quality but prone to injury, Solanke was bought at an inflated price but will come good given time. Johnson I feel has been misused - he looked great at Forest. I'd take any of them.

Johnson is rubbish

Johnson looks so far out of his depth, he panics every time he has the ball. Maddison has talent but since his injury he's been woeful.

Not sure on Solanke yet, but he was poor but he's still new to the team

Johnson looks so far out of his depth, he panics every time he has the ball. Maddison has talent but since his injury he's been woeful.

Not sure on Solanke yet, but he was poor but he's still new to the team
Johnson is absolute quality when he plays where he should. Ange has had him as a winger when he's really a forward, getting between the FB and CB to go at goal.

They've overpaid for both him and Solanke, but that's kind of a given.

He was quality at Forest in a 352. Two-footed, quick and strong, good shot on him. Play him as a touchline hugger in a 433 and yeah, he's bad.
I think he was a little better than average and massively overrated. He was about as good as Elanga is now and his deficiencies were clear then

They're all players who probably should be around mid table premier league teams, not players who will take you to the top of the league. That is with the exception of Johnson who looks for all the world like a player who should be playing for relegation fodder.

Maddison has talent, but is too often style over substance, and for about 6 months a season not even that, and Solanke has had one good Premier League season in his career. I think he'd have been a decent pick up at half the price to provide cover off the bench, but to be a starter for a team with top 4 aspirations looks a huge, huge stretch.

I think he was a little better than average and massively overrated. He was about as good as Elanga is now and his deficiencies were clear then
A little better than average is definitely something I'd contest. But then so is a £50m price tag.

They're all players who probably should be around mid table premier league teams, not players who will take you to the top of the league. That is with the exception of Johnson who looks for all the world like a player who should be playing for relegation fodder.

Maddison has talent, but is too often style over substance, and for about 6 months a season not even that, and Solanke has had one good Premier League season in his career. I think he'd have been a decent pick up at half the price to provide cover off the bench, but to be a starter for a team with top 4 aspirations looks a huge, huge stretch.
These are the players Tottenham can sign. Of course they come with caveats. I've already addressed Johnson so I won't repeat myself, but an on form Maddison is great. This is what Spurs are - signing players who have problems and hoping they get fixed.

A little better than average is definitely something I'd contest. But then so is a £50m price tag.

These are the players Tottenham can sign. Of course they come with caveats. I've already addressed Johnson so I won't repeat myself, but an on form Maddison is great. This is what Spurs are - signing players who have problems and hoping they get fixed.

I disagree. They're not looking at Solanke and Maddison and thinking 'here are flawed players who we can fix', but rather here are Premier League proven players entering their prime who are ready to contribute immediately.

They're going after these players becaus they think they're as sure a thing as you can get, and they're paying a premium to get them.

I disagree. They're not looking at Solanke and Maddison and thinking 'here are flawed players who we can fix', but rather here are Premier League proven players entering their prime who are ready to contribute immediately.

They're going after these players becaus they think they're as sure a thing as you can get, and they're paying a premium to get them.
I'm not sure we disagree at all.

There are some pundits that play an edge lord role in order to create tension and provoke clicks and debate amongst idiots.

There are others that are employed by companies looking for clicks and debate amongst idiots, who have no idea that they’re employed as a useful idiot.

O’Hara is the latter. He’s so utterly wrong headed about absolutely everything.

There are some pundits that play an edge lord role in order to create tension and provoke clicks and debate amongst idiots.

There are others that are employed by companies looking for clicks and debate amongst idiots, who have no idea that they’re employed as a useful idiot.

O’Hara is the latter. He’s so utterly wrong headed about absolutely everything.
he’s actually a really famous soccer player from
england, and he’s got one of the biggest radio shows in europe.

Yup. Ultimately Spurs have done quite well buying outside the PL in recent years, from both a value and quality perspective - Udogie, Van de Ven, Romero, Dragusin, Porro, Sarr, etc. But the "PL proven" and prime age players they've spent the bigger share of their resources on just haven't been all that good. Richarlison was just a poor buy from the start, never a player for a top side. Johnson is a pace merchant with nothing else. Bissouma is another that is a top athlete but a limited footballer. Maddison is a moments player that hasn't had enough moments since his ankle injury last fall. The jury remains out on Solanke but at his previous clubs he's shown similar traits as some of these disappointing buys - top athlete, technically and skill wise just not a top level player.

I think buying within the PL is just a bad strategy for a club like Tottenham that is very attractive relative to the entire universe of clubs out there but isn't going to beat out City, Arsenal, Liverpool, United, or Chelsea for top players within the PL. You can scout well outside the PL and find guys with high ceilings that these other clubs have missed or aren't prioritizing, like a Van de Ven. But if you're looking in the PL you're basically only looking at relatively known quantities that all these other clubs have considered but passed on and that generally means players with limited ceilings.

I think he is a little better than Elanga but it is baffling that Spurs signed him only to use him in a role that accentuates his weaknesses and utilizes none of his strengths. Johnson would be a good 10 to 15 goal a season support striker in the role he had at Forest but as a Winger the only attribute he has is his pace.

He was quality at Forest in a 352. Two-footed, quick and strong, good shot on him. Play him as a touchline hugger in a 433 and yeah, he's bad.

Didn't watch the Arsenal - Spurs game but he did that to Son too when Solanke started in GW1 which is really weird. Ten Hag's been doing similar things with Rashford - you have to wonder what all these guys are smoking.

Arsenal now have more wins at the Tottenham Stadium in just five years (3) than Spurs have at the Emirates in 18 years (2).

Romero retweeting a journalist about Spurs not taking care of his return flight from the Argentina game. Johnson desactivating his social media account because of the abuse.Ange Mate getting mocked for his lack of preparation and doubling down on his trophy winning.

They are not taking this defeat very well :angel:
I fail to see what Spurs did wrong here. If you're called up to play for your country, it's only right that they sort out your return flight and get you there as soon as possible.