European coefficient race 24/25

jigen

Supports
Chelsea
PL for now is first in the season uefa ranking. This year could be a top 5 race for CL places.

Live season ranking at 24/10/2024:

1. England 7.857 (7/7)
2. Portugal 7.400 (5/5)
3. France 7.071 (6/7)
4. Czech Republic 6.900 (4/5)
5. Germany 6.750 (8/8)
6. Italy 6.750 (8/8)
7. Spain 6.000 (7/7)

Clubs that traditionally would compete with England lower on that list. I think England will get it.

Us being in the conference league helps massively with this?

Us being in the conference league helps massively with this?
It wouldn’t if Villa had blow the UCL but they’re currently top of the table even, so hard not to see them progress at this point, especially as the other games seem manageable.

We need to push for fifth place. It's definitely manageable if we either sort our shit out or find someone that can.

The only good thing for Germany is that Spain and Italy have been equally terrible so we might get that second spot again this year.

Problem is no German club has looked impressive in the Europe yet.

England and Spain to get the two european spots imho.

- Portugal and Czechia are there mainly because they played a lot of qualifying matches but sooner or later will drop their position in favor to the top5 leagues

- France is doing very well in the UCL but they don't have any team in the Conference League.. I can't see Brest, Lille, AS Monaco, PSG performing so MUCH better than Spanish, italians and germans to cover the ZERO guaranteed points from 3rd tier competition.

- We Italy barely have one team good enough to go far in the UCL and the new format (that assign many more points to UCL results than UEL/UECL ones) will penalise us a lot compared to the past seasons.

- So it's about Spain v Germany but Real Madrid v Borussia Dortmund 5-2, Barcelona v Bayern 4-1, Atletico v Leipzig 2-1 matches showed me that this season top spanish clubs seem stronger than germans.
In the other competitions I also think that Betis + Ahtletic + Sociedad combined will get more points than Heidenheim + Hoffenheim + Frankfurt.

England shouldn't have much problems, they have amazing teams in any competitions.
England and Spain to finish top2

- Portugal and Czechia are there mainly because they played a lot of qualifying matches but sooner or later will drop their position in favor to the top5 leagues

- France is doing very well in the UCL but they don't have any team in the Conference League.. I can't see Brest, Lille, AS Monaco, PSG performing so MUCH better than Spanish, italians and germans to cover the ZERO guaranteed points from 3rd tier competition.

- We Italy barely have one team good enough to go far in the UCL and the new format (that assign many more points to UCL results than UEL/UECL ones) will penalise us a lot compared to the past seasons.

- So it's about Spain v Germany but Real Madrid v Borussia Dortmund 5-2, Barcelona v Bayern 4-1, Atletico v Leipzig 2-1 matches showed me that this season top spanish clubs seem stronger than germans.
In the other competitions I also think that Betis + Ahtletic + Sociedad combined will get more points than Heidenheim + Hoffenheim + Frankfurt.

England shouldn't have much problems, they have amazing teams in any competitions.
Apart from us.

Portugal have a chance as there points are split between 5 teams rather than 7. Sporting and Benfica are doing well so far in the CL. Victoria should go deep in the Conference. Porto will likely get to about the Quarter Finals at least in the EL. Barga are the only ones that need to pull their finger out a bit.

We are doing our best to drag that rating down. Its like we are the weakest player in the singles at the Ryder Cup